Plugin configuration in new server

sobotkowski's Avatar sobotkowski3/10/17 3:43 am
1 emeralds 569 1
3/10/2017 5:09 am
MCAlagaesia's Avatar MCAlagaesia
Hello
I'm father of two boys in age of 8 and 9 yrs. We're from Warsaw/Poland.
Boys are very active MC players and not so long time playing all the time at AWOL.
Unfortunately cause of lack of funds / donations from players server has been shutdown for good.
It was server perfect for them cause all players was friendly and helpful to each other.
Now when it's gone guys start to creating it's own world to put it to the server.
And now it's that moment when it'll be online (Spigot 1.8.8 with Bukkit GUI and own plugins pack).
I've waste almost a week searching everything and preparing.
Finally I'm stuck with WorldGuard configuration cause I'm totally not familiar with programming and scripting. This is actual state of everything I'm done https://ufile.io/6487d

Would You be so kind and can You help me with setting up just few simple things (all possible to make by children by using some simple commands):
- main spawn in -30/75/30
- regeneration of pre-owned items for each player spawned after death in main spawn
- claim areas with wooden shovel or something else
- setup up to 5 areas per user with maximum 15000 block per all claimed areas or sth like that
- naming areas
- teleportation between them when you type proper commend
- anti grief in claimed areas
- protect against pvp in claimed areas
- protect against destroying claimed areas by other players (by using tolls and tnt) and monsters (creepes and others)
- disable golems attacks on you when accidentaly hurt villager
- some usefull universal command to get out form place where you stuck and there's no way out
- whitelist for users cause I don't want to allow unknown people to play there

In exchange for help I can offer You place for world created by You on my private server.
It's 2x Opteron Hexa-Core; 24GB ram; Win2012R2 Hyper-V.
It has 100/100MB fiber internet connection with it's own ip.

Best regards and thanks for fast answer
Simon
sobotkowski
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/10/2017 5:09 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Network
MCAlagaesia
Unfortunately I won't be able to answer all of the questions.

I think the first and best option is to just ask the owner or admins of the server your boys play on if they can give you their plugin files, or at least a list of the plugins they use. If they are shutting the server down, there shouldn't be many reasons for them not to give you the files.
That way, you can recreate the server completely.

If you still want to/need to set everything up yourself, hopefully these answers are helpful:

Setting main spawn in -30, 75, 30
1. Teleport or fly to the location
2. Type "/setworldspawn", or if you have the Essentials plugin installed, type "/setspawn".

Regeneration of pre-owned items
I'm assuming you mean players keep their inventory when they die. To do this, run the command "/gamerule keepInventory true". If that's not exactly what you want, just let me know.

Claim areas with a wooden shovel
Years and years ago I used a plugin called GriefPrevention. GriefPrevention allows players to claim areas of land with a gold shovel - not exactly a wooden shovel, but you could probably change it in the config.
Here's more info on GriefPrevention: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/griefprevention.1884/
And here's the download for a 1.8.8 version. https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/griefprevention.1884/history

Players can have up to 5 claims with 15000 blocks each
I'm not too sure about this one, but GriefPrevention has a huge config file so it probably has those options somewhere. Once you run the plugin once, a config file will be generated. Just have a look around in there and see if anything stands out.
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/grief-prevention/pages/setup-and-configuration
Again, I last used this plugin as a player years ago, so I can't be of much more help there. Sorry!

Teleporting between claims
I think there's a couple of options here.
The first option is to give your players access 5 "/homes". They can set their homes in various locations and then teleport to them with with "/home".
The second option - I believe GriefPrevention has a teleport-to-claim feature. I can't say for sure though.

Anti grief in claimed areas
As the name GriefPrevention suggests, it prevents griefing.

Protect against PvP in claimed areas
Included with GriefPrevention

Protect against destroying claimed areas by other players
GriefPrevention protects against the following:
Building or breaking.
Stealing from ANY containers.
Sleeping in beds.
Button/lever usage.
Adjusting redstone repeaters.
Pushing blocks in with pistons.
Pulling blocks out with pistons.
TNT damage.
Creeper damage.
Damage from TNT cannons.
Explosive damage from other plugins, like Extra Hard Mode or Magic Spells.
Enderman block changes.
All doors may be automatically locked (optional, see config file).
Killing or luring animals away.
Dtealing water (e.g. buckets).
Trampling crops, by players, animals, or monsters.
Building overtop, all claims reach to the max build height.
Placing or breaking paintings / item frames.
Fluids will not flow into a claim from outside.
Placing blocks via TNT/Sand/Gravel cannon.
Placing portals without build permission (even by walking through a portal in another world).

Useful universal command to get out form place where you stuck and there's no way out
If you allow players to use "/spawn" or "/home", they can use those to get out of sticky situations.
If you want a plugin that just teleports the player a few blocks away, try UnStuck.
https://mods.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/unstuck

Whitelist
It's pretty easy to use the vanilla whitelist system. Just hop into the game and type "/whitelist on", and then type "/whitelist add playername" where playername is the username of the player you want to allow on your server.
When you've finished adding players to your whitelist, type "/whitelist reload". If you want to see who is already on the whitelist, type "/whitelist list".

Hopefully this was helpful!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome