PMC member for 1 year....!

Moom's Avatar Moom11/28/16 3:27 pm
12/7/2016 4:36 pm
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
Hi,

I am a mature player co owns my own server.
Its kinda cool and being a female player I
have learnt a lot patience when it comes
to the variety of players you get online.

My disappointment is though I have many plugins
on my server McMMO,Slimefun, Factions, Towny...
I struggle to get more than a few regular players a day.

Does anyone have any tips?
Moom
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/07/2016 4:36 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
i cant delete your pages only you can do that, or any of the pmc team, im just a standard scary user
12/05/2016 8:10 am
Moom
Karrthus,

Good news we have had up to 20 at peak time on daily recently, I think upgrading
to 1.11 has helped.

Spawn is getting closer to be ready...we all agree it needs replaced.

Plus we have had the Dev for SlimeFun come on and update his plugin and give
us additional Plugins to use. Not only that be he has voted for us and made a nice comment on our PMC server page and played on our server, even had a Pet duel....how cool is that?! It is like being visited by Royalty!!

What we need is some Mods, people to apply via ingame speaking to SovietPhoneix.

You can delete this post fully, if you wish, as it won't allow me too.
12/01/2016 7:53 am
Karrfis
regular updates of this thread are forcing me to login to the server, but nobody is online

---
spawn is way to cluttered, there is no direct way out, yeah all the shops are good, but you need a bit that says "THIS IS THE WAY OUT" because its not obvious
12/01/2016 4:31 am
Moom
Updated to 1.11 tentatively. We have alot of plugins!
Please bear with us while we wait for updates and resolve
new issues with the update compatibility. Most of this is done.

Planet Minecraft members now get the level of their PMC site character
added as hours gametime to rankup. Just mention you are a PMC member
if over level 1 to Admin Jabbablock
11/30/2016 3:07 pm
Moom
WE ARE NOW 1.11!

We have a fantastic range of plugins SlimeFun, Factions, Towny,
McMMO, Jobs, Creative, My Pets....list goes on. Cake for all and not just cut
and paste.

The admin have worked hard to make the plugins fun and interesting.

We have nice staff so far but looking for more. Squishiebob and SovietPhoneix.

Sorry when you checked earlier it was offline, Every 12hrs its off for a mere 4 seconds auto restart . It helps keep the server optimised for efficiency.

Hope to see you later Cookiez. (One of the admin Squishiebob make cookies all the time and make us all jealous.)
11/29/2016 6:47 am
Karrfis
CookieszLike Karrthus already said,

yay im useful

@op from the pmc link you posted im seeing that the server is not online, if its not a 24/7 server your playerbase will be very limited
11/29/2016 6:10 am
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
If you want new people to join; advertise
If you want them to stay; improve the quality of your server. Be creative, get fun plugins, professional/friendly staff, etc. Like Karrthus already said, they need a reason to log back on.

Anyway, congrats with being on PMC for one year lmao. I might join the server later.
11/29/2016 4:28 am
Moom
Thanks Karrthus, great tips!

Crippled we would love to see you.

IP 51.255.208.43

More info on our server on
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/piper-survival/

We have a great small regular community, very friendly I would like to see it grow bigger.
11/28/2016 8:21 pm
Level 45 : Master Chef
Cheffy
whats the ip i might play
11/28/2016 8:17 pm
Karrfis
if you want players minecraft server list is good(idk anything about it tho, i post a server on it, and leave it, people join people leave whatever), and so is here,

on pmc you have the option to "bump" your server every 24 hours on the site in order for it to appear at the top of the "recently updated" section in the server, the suggested times to do this i would say is around about when schools finish for the day, or in the evening after dinner time as thats when people are more likely to jump on a minecraft server, everything done for the day and want to play etc

weekends are a tricky one, when i had a server i found that bumping in either mid-morning, or mid-afternoon to be the most successful times and get players logging in,

another good time to bump is when there are lots of players on your server as this shows an active server which people are more interested in joining (unless they are me, i like quiet servers)

Remember you can only do this once every 24 hours,(from the previous time, so you can say bump at 3pm then 5pm the following day, but if 5pm is too late you'll have to wait 24 hours as usual + extra until the earlier time, it may be annoying waiting days and days but in the end you'll get a hang of the rhythm of when people join )

if this feature no longer exists then ignore my ramblings its been a while since i have had a server on here.

However when you do this make sure you are on the server to greet players and entice them into coming and playing, its not hard, just be friendly to everyone who joins, some of them wont be friendly some will, that comes down to human nature.

once you have people logging in make them have a reason to log back on the next time they want to play, etc etc, have active staff, active server owner and you'll be suprised how quickly you can get together a little community, sometimes even further.
(no joke, my cousin is currently engaged to someone she met on her minecraft server)
11/28/2016 4:31 pm
Moom
I do and to be honest PMC is the best, put myself on other sites
and only get visitors from here...PMC rules!
11/28/2016 4:16 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Terraformer
WorldCreations
Just keep adding new things and make sure to post your server on all thebwebsites you can.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome