PMC Tech Support - NEED HELP

iRecode's Avatar iRecode8/21/15 3:48 pm
8/27/2015 3:38 pm
Konrad's Avatar Konrad
What are your system’s specifications?
http://imgur.com/a/O8qNI Album of System, Display, and Sound, as this is a sound problem.

IN DETAIL, describe your problem.
Whenever I try to stream Netflix, YouTube, or anything of the sort, my sound will tend to glitch out every 5 seconds or so, something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEMn4Seq0s8. I have updated all of my Display and Sound drivers to their most recent update, to find out that is not the problem. You see, I can stream local music, music I have downloaded to my local machine, and it sounds as it shoud, crystal clear. But when I do YouTube/Netflix, the sound will be fine for 5-10 seconds, then do a random glitch but keep playing. I am 90% sure it is not an internet problem because: 1: The picture is perfectly fine. 2: I have tried getting closer to my Router/Modem and that has done nothing. This problem has been going on for the past 3-4 days.

What would be your ideal solution to this problem?
I would like this glitching sound to be gone, and that is ideal, but if it does happen to glitch alot less than it does already, I think I can make do with that.
iRecode
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/27/2015 3:38 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
try unplugging your router and modem for 30 seconds to a minute and plug it back in and see if it works.
08/27/2015 3:15 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
08/27/2015 3:06 pm
iRecode
Lex The Gallade
Attempt to use a different browser, just for bugfixing purposes. Try Opera, if that works, it may be a problem with chrome and/or it's extension(s)

I've tried Opera, and Microsoft Edge, they both seem not to work. Again that wouldn't solve the Netflix issue, as it is in a metro app and not a browser.
08/22/2015 2:43 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Farmer
Lex The Gallade
iRecode
Lex The Gallade
iRecode I use Google Chrome and the current runtime timestamp is: 0:11:34:41. I do daily/nightly restarts so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Clear the following from your chrome history

Browsing history

Cached images and files

Hosted app data

Content licenses

From the beginning of time.

Check for Chrome updates and restart your computer regardless.

Done. Does not seem to have done anything for the problem.

Attempt to use a different browser, just for bugfixing purposes. Try Opera, if that works, it may be a problem with chrome and/or it's extension(s)
08/22/2015 1:19 am
iRecode
Lex The Gallade
iRecode I use Google Chrome and the current runtime timestamp is: 0:11:34:41. I do daily/nightly restarts so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Browsing history

Cached images and files

Hosted app data

Content licenses

Done. Does not seem to have done anything for the problem.
08/21/2015 4:34 pm
iRecode
Okay, so after hooking up VIA Ethernet, I do get a good result: . However, I can still hear static from time to time. I will now try to clear and update my Chrome.
08/21/2015 5:02 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
At this point it may just be an inconsistent connection to the closest content distribution server or a funky audio chip in your computer.
08/22/2015 1:19 am
iRecode
If the problem was the Audio Chip, why would playing local music not be affected? If I play an .mp3 I've downloaded it works perfectly fine.
08/21/2015 4:26 pm
Lex The Gallade

Browsing history

Cached images and files

Hosted app data

Content licenses

08/21/2015 4:19 pm
iRecode
Lex The Gallade
iRecodeWhat are your system’s specifications?
http://imgur.com/a/O8qNI Album of System, Display, and Sound, as this is a sound problem.

Whenever I try to stream Netflix, YouTube, or anything of the sort, my sound will tend to glitch out every 5 seconds or so, something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEMn4Seq0s8. I have updated all of my Display and Sound drivers to their most recent update, to find out that is not the problem. You see, I can stream local music, music I have downloaded to my local machine, and it sounds as it shoud, crystal clear. But when I do YouTube/Netflix, the sound will be fine for 5-10 seconds, then do a random glitch but keep playing. I am 90% sure it is not an internet problem because: 1: The picture is perfectly fine. 2: I have tried getting closer to my Router/Modem and that has done nothing. This problem has been going on for the past 3-4 days.

I would like this glitching sound to be gone, and that is ideal, but if it does happen to glitch alot less than it does already, I think I can make do with that.

Specify internet browser and computer runtime (Ctrl+shift+esc, performance, uptime timestamp)

I use Google Chrome and the current runtime timestamp is: 0:11:34:41. I do daily/nightly restarts so that shouldn't be much of a problem.
08/21/2015 4:09 pm
Lex The Gallade
iRecodeWhat are your system’s specifications?

Specify internet browser and computer runtime (Ctrl+shift+esc, performance, uptime timestamp)
08/21/2015 4:05 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
It's your network/Internet connection. If switching from wireless to wired networking doesn't fix the problem, your Internet is having issues.

Run a speed test and post your results here.

http://www.speedtest.net/
08/21/2015 4:18 pm
iRecode
I am pretty sure it is not my internet, because this issue is not on any of my other devices, and I have tried getting closer to the router/modem and that did nothing. Also, I got a new router and modem just last month and that tripled my speeds. and my speed test honestly supprised me. I am getting a download of about 4 mbps and I should be getting 40-60.

Here is the result:
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome