Magic of Summer - conclusion (photography challenge)

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie β€’ 8/1/19 2:44 pm history
9 emeralds 667 5
8/4/2019 6:24 pm
DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie
Welcome to the conclusion for the Magic of Summer photography challenge. I didn't plan to write a conclusion post, but I was amazed by the amount and quality of entries in this challenge, even though it only ran for 8 days! Here's an overview of entries, in which I picked my favorite photo from each entrant's blog. 😁

Thank you everyone who entered! πŸ’—
You definitely conveyed the mood of summer perfectly, each of you in your own unique way.

πŸ‘† Click the photos to see the full blogs.

ArcaneKnight was the first entrant. Their blog contains photos of their vacation to Greece, the island of Crete, this summer. The photos show a lot of water sceneries 🌊 my favorite of which is this one with an amazing sight!

Looks like Shady had a great time boating around the island. 😁 Other photos include some shots of nature, a nice swimming pool, a cool dolphin statue and some pictures taken from above the clouds! β›…

While the blue waters of Greece set the tone in Shady's blog, Lemilas shows us just how green summer can be in their photo blog!

Flowers, fields, forest paths and mountains overgrown with green as far as the eye can see. But my personal favorite green thing in the blog is a photo of a real-life Wibbit; a beautiful frog, nice catch! 🐸
DiggerMcGee did not just share some amazing photos, they also accompanied that with some lovely writing. Almost like a poem!

A special treat is to get up early to watch to sun come up to greet the waves. As it rises, you begin to get a sense of the day and the hope of what it may bring. Colors begin to burst into hues of red, orange and blue.

My favorite shot is definitely the Sunrise over Frenchman's Bay, which just has a-ma-zing colors! πŸŒ…
MarkSarmite shared some lovely photos this spring, and returned with more nice images this summer! Their blog shows us various plants; flowers, crops and fruits. Pumpkin, wheat, corn and apples! 🌽

Looks like this will be a good harvest. My favorite photo from the blog is this one, of the biggest pumpkin in their garden at the moment. Looks like that'll be a lot of soup and pie this upcoming fall!
ChatieTheDragon's photography blog just makes you want to take a plunge and go for a refreshing swim in the pool! I found this the most cheerful blog out of all the entries. It's just so colorful!

My favorite photo out of them is this one of towels. Because, while they're just towels, they somehow feel a lot like summer with how colorful they are. Probably because they're posted together with photos of sunlit swimming pool water. 😁 πŸ‘™

Wildflowers photographed a lot if different things! Outdoors and indoors plants and flowers, paths in nature, lakeviews, roads, very cool looking cars. And I hope they had some marshmallows! πŸ”₯

This photo of a bonfire definitely feels like a cozy, warm summer evening! That's why it is my favorite from this blog.
While Wildflowers shared a lot of photos, Kaatmandu chose to represent summer in just 3 images. And they did a great job at that!

My favorite photo out of the three is definitely this one of a red shack with very, very green surroundings and a clear blue sky. I love not only the contrasting colors but also the way you can almost feel the sunlight shine down on the scene. Great framing/angle/composition too! 🌳
Sprezzatura's entry in this challenge was also their very first submission to Planet Minecraft. How cool! 😁
Their photography blog contains a collection of pictures of bumblebees. With a lovely message:

Bumblebees are the friendliest little creatures you could ever see. Also, bees are very important to the environment, so be sure to help a bee out whenever you can!

And while Sprezzatura managed to perfectly center the bumblebees in pretty much all of their photos, I must admit my favorite is this in-motion one where the bumblebee simply wouldn't sit still. 🀣 🐝 Very nice, dynamic capture!
CaraRose managed to enter their photography blog very last-minute! They shared skies and plants. They captured a lot of different shapes of clouds, a sunset and even a rainbow! 🌈

My favorite isn't the rainbow photo, though. It's this cloudy image which has a very cool black-on-grey skyline, a deep blue sky and the clouds just have such an interesting shape! It's almost like they're painted on there. I especially love how you can spot a ferris wheel on the horizon, fun! 🎑

Thanks again to all participants. Expect a badge in your PMs shortly! πŸ“Έ
DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur