What is YAMS server hosting and is it safe?

MrRivux's Avatar MrRivux7/21/12 7:55 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 11
5/22/2016 7:53 pm
carbonawk's Avatar carbonawk
Has anyone heard of this YAMS server hosting? Is it a good host to use? Is it free like they say it is and Is it safe? Reason why i ask is because im very interested in using it if its safe please someone let me know =3. Also ive tried researching for it but i dont want to open the site till i know its safe
MrRivux
Level 23 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/22/2016 7:53 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
As one with other intention I don't think we can call them that any longer.
05/17/2016 12:16 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Minecrafts_a_lot
it's illegal to post in the forums about server providers.
05/17/2016 9:48 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
This sample has been flagged by Hispasec feed bank as a banking trojan, i.e. a trojan that steals banking information in order to perform unauthorized wire transfers to attacker accounts.

Lab family name: Zeus
This trojan steals credentials from at least 17 financial/banking entities or organizations.

Family summary:
Zeus is a trojan threat designed to steal data from victim’s system. It is most widely known for stealing financial account information e.g. online banking login details and account data. Once the infected binary file is installed to a machine, it connects to a command and control server, and also monitors for internet activity and uploads stolen data.

This sample receives/sends information from/to the next URLs:

[...].55.0.137:443

#malware #banker #Zeus

http://www.hispasec.com
05/15/2016 4:21 am
Level 1 : New Miner
skinnybotswag
well if this topic is still alive i decided to take a look at yam and being the over scared person about virus i decided to virus total the yam file and it got a 13 / 56 meaning 13 virus engines found it as malware if you want to look for youre self this is the virus total link

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0140 ... 463300294/
07/21/2012 11:31 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
MrRivux
well thanks for all your replies guys the link is http://yams.in/ i did more research on it, it isnt a server host it just helps people port-forward and instead of running the server from your console it uses your browser for the client, im trying it out and no virus where detected and it didnt ask for any personal info, also i think i might make a tutorial on it for people who cant figure out to portforward and what not this is the alternative since its browser based
07/21/2012 12:24 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
1001zippy
I wouldn't try it. Hosting a server costs money so it seems impossible for them to provide it for free. I need a link to their site, but it looks very suspicious and seems like a scam. I would try Avante Hosting (http://avantehosting.net) if you want good server hosting for cheap.
07/21/2012 5:23 pm
Level 28 : Expert Architect
Roran234
You get what you pay for, and that especially means this hosting company, although they are very nice people.. That's all I am going to say.
07/21/2012 9:02 am
Level 34 : Artisan Blacksmith
Cyndus
Hey Roran get on High School of the dead the post needs to start up
07/21/2012 9:05 am
Roran234
This is not the time, nor post for that...

Would you mind providing a link to the YAMS Hosting site?
07/21/2012 9:01 am
Roran234
For one, get an Anti-Virus Software. Next, scan the site for malicious content. If you got host a server from them, and it does NOT ask for personal information, then your fine. If it does, then it's obviously a scam.
07/21/2012 8:58 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
BattlingApollo
I don't think it's trustworthy. Hosting a server costs serious money, and handing out free hosting seems suspicious... Don't try it, it could be a scam!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome