Command Block Kill commands?

Truedone's Avatar Truedone11/1/12 4:26 pm
1 emeralds 28.7k 60
7/18/2013 4:29 pm
DAP's Avatar DAP
I am currently making a pig racing map and I need some assistance for command blocks.

Is there a possible way that I can use a command block to kill everyone in the map to reset the game? I have tried kill @a or @a kill does'nt work. I currently have a rig so it teleports all players into a lava pit but I dont like it like that. Just wondering
Truedone
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2013 4:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
Wow, this is a huge necro-bump. Guys, before posting, remember to check the date of the thread when it first started. Locking.
07/18/2013 6:28 am
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
MegaDerf
/effect @a 7 2 10
07/18/2013 12:08 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
GrimsCraft
07/17/2013 11:57 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Lava Rider
GrendelRex
You type tp x y z into the command block.
(x y z being the x co-ordinates, y co-ordinates and the z co-ordinates in that order)
and after the tp then if you want all players to be teleported then use @a as in tp @a x y z. If you want the closest player to be teleported then you use @p as in tp @p x y z. If you want a random character to be teleported, then use @r as in tp @r x y z
07/17/2013 8:23 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Hunter
Psychic_Rodent85
how do you make them teleport people to the lava pit?
03/28/2013 2:08 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
ColaMonster091
You could use /butcher I think
03/28/2013 2:11 pm
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_
Nope, that's a SPC command.
06/12/2013 10:24 am
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Also, /butcher doesn't kill players - Only mobs.
03/28/2013 12:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
MinedCraftian
There is a way to get Command Blocks to kill every player not in Creative.

/effect @a 7 5 5
Applies effect Instant Damage(7) VI(5) to everybody(@a) for 5 seconds(5).
This will do 729 hearts(!) of damage to everybody, killing them.
03/28/2013 2:04 pm
Masterwizard254
That's a lot of damage, but my custom armor and potions should stop that from killing me.

EDIT: Or not....
03/28/2013 11:59 am
Level 44 : Master Zombie
minecraftworkers
/kill @a
03/28/2013 12:21 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
MadOliveGaming
LOL you did not read any of the comments did you
That command doesnt work for commandblocks to prevent abuse
03/28/2013 11:56 am
Masterwizard254
thepancakeking
Masterwizard254I got a huge problem. I accidentally typed "kill @p" into a command block, added a fast clock, and forgot to add [name=!DiamondTNT]. Now when I try to remove the command block, it kills me instantly. My spawn is far enough so that the command block won't be rendered when I respawn. MCEdit isn't working for me, so do you guys know any way to disable/destroy this command block? I have WorldEdit if that helps. I can't run a server either.

You would have to run a server or have someone else run a server to disable command blocks then get ride of it.

~pancake

Does the server have to be port forwarded? I can host a server, but I can't port forward it.
03/28/2013 11:41 am
Level 24 : Expert Engineer
thepancakeking
Masterwizard254I got a huge problem. I accidentally typed "kill @p" into a command block, added a fast clock, and forgot to add [name=!DiamondTNT]. Now when I try to remove the command block, it kills me instantly. My spawn is far enough so that the command block won't be rendered when I respawn. MCEdit isn't working for me, so do you guys know any way to disable/destroy this command block? I have WorldEdit if that helps. I can't run a server either.

You would have to run a server or have someone else run a server to disable command blocks then get ride of it.

~pancake
03/28/2013 6:48 am
Level 40 : Master Creeper Hugger
big-splat
I think you just have to use a high level instant damage /effect command
03/27/2013 10:11 pm
Masterwizard254
VelociCraftor, "/kill" tries to target the command block itself. "/kill @p" targets the closest player. The 1st command won't work as the command block can't die. The 2nd command will work because the player can die. This is the same situation in SMP commands, "/kill" will kill yourself and "/kill playername" will kill playername. Btw, do the steps I typed up and you will get the same result. As spoogda4 said, "/kill @r" works. This is because a random player can die. I didn't fake it. I couldn't have even if I wanted to. Find Them Creepers, I didn't intend to kill myself once I render the command block.
03/27/2013 7:45 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
It might be easier if you made a death-pit using the /testfor @p[r=#]?
03/27/2013 7:35 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
spoogda4
Compatible CB Commands:
/tp @r/a/p <player>
/say <msg> (MP servers)
/kill @r
/scoreboard
/effect
/give @r <ID> <amount>
/ci @r/a/p (Bukkit servers)
/me
Hope this helped

03/27/2013 8:04 pm
Masterwizard254
if "/kill @r" works, there's no reason for "kill @p" to not work. Does anyone know something to stop command blocks from doing commands(besides editing server.properties cuz i don't run a server)?
03/28/2013 6:36 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
spoogda4
It might be the format your using, like if @p doesn't work, try a different for,mat, like @r.
03/28/2013 11:26 am
Masterwizard254
I might have been slightly unclear in my statements. To clarify, "/kill @p" works fine, but I get killed(creative mode) instantly, once I load the chunk where the command block is. Is there any way to stop certain commands from running(the "/kill @p") in SSP?
03/28/2013 12:25 pm
MadOliveGaming
IGNORE MASTERWIZZARD!!!!!
Dude stop spreading fucking lies around the forum! For any of you who are not familiar with commandblocks, go to the minecraft wikki. It will clearly tell you that the /kill command has been disbled for commandblocks a long time ago because people could abuse it!!!
03/28/2013 1:25 pm
Masterwizard254
Well if you are so sure that it won't work, why don't you try it, huh? They are not lies and the wiki only listed "/kill", not "/kill @p". The "@p" parameter sets the target at the closest player, instead of the command block if no parameters are added to "/kill".The steps are in one of my previous posts.
03/27/2013 6:41 pm
Masterwizard254
Chronalga, thx for the helpful info, but I tried it a long time ago and once the chunk where the command block is rendered, it kills me. It renders like 200 blocks away, so Idk where the command block's exact location is.
03/27/2013 6:28 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Well... Um... Can you fly to the said location, or tp to a place close to it? Maybe try setting the area as air?
03/27/2013 6:13 pm
Masterwizard254
~~~Quote won't allow 3 quotes embedded.~~~
Command blocks work without the slash, like "/time set 0", "time set 0" works the same. All I want is help, not an argument. I said "kill @p" not just "kill".
03/27/2013 6:49 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Ranger
VelociCraftor
But no kill command is compatible with command blocks!
03/27/2013 7:08 pm
Masterwizard254
Then please explain why it worked for me.
03/27/2013 7:57 pm
VelociCraftor
It didn't. You faked it in that video. Not that hard to do... besides read here:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Command_blocks
Under the header labeled
Disabled commands
You will find /kill there
03/27/2013 6:02 pm
SilverKytten
Masterwizard254
VelociCraftorTo reset it you could just teleport them all back to the spawn or the lobby or the starting point or whatever

I want to fix a custom map designed for SSP or SMP with limits.
VelociCraftor
Masterwizard254VIDEO: http://youtu.be/J2qJF_snbmc

That doesn't prove anything, the bottom line is, /kill does not work in command blocks.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That video proved that "kill @p" will work!

No

"kill" isn't even a command. It's just a word.

"/kill" is a command.

Without the /, commands won't work - Even with the command block.

So....

You lose.
03/27/2013 5:47 pm
VelociCraftor
To reset it you could just teleport them all back to the spawn or the lobby or the starting point or whatever
03/27/2013 6:00 pm
Masterwizard254
I want to fix a custom map designed for SSP or SMP with limits.
VelociCraftor
Masterwizard254VIDEO: http://youtu.be/J2qJF_snbmc

That doesn't prove anything, the bottom line is, /kill does not work in command blocks.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That video proved that "kill @p" will work!
03/27/2013 5:43 pm
Masterwizard254
03/27/2013 5:54 pm
VelociCraftor
03/27/2013 6:00 pm
SilverKytten
Not only does /kill not work - He didn't even use /kill. It just says "kill."

Even if /kill did work, using it without the '/' wouldn't do a damn thing.
03/27/2013 5:28 pm
Level 22 : Expert Narwhal
Mega_Kratos
you can kill a person by if they press a button with the new /effect command you can give them instant damage 10 and they will probally die instantly. tell me if i helped lut in anything...
03/27/2013 5:13 pm
SilverKytten
Disabled commands

The following commands have been disabled for use with the Command Block.
Command Reason for being disabled
/kick Due to @a, this could be used to lock out a server from entries.
/ban
/op So players cannot OP themselves.
/deop So players cannot deop OPs.
/stop So players cannot shut down a server.
/kill Can only target the player that typed the command. Since the command block is not a player, it is disabled.

guys, don't flame war. Just give information and back it up. -.-

The above is quoted directly from the Minecraft wiki - Surprised you've all been so daft, as to not go there..
03/27/2013 5:11 pm
Masterwizard254
Suspence1127
craftyman-114They disabled the /kill command with command blocks and /ban and /kick and all those other things, because you could use it to cheat on servers to ban whoever you want and kill them and cheat in hunger games or pvp so they disabled it.

Yep
MadOliveGaming

Why are you talking bullcrap dude! the /kill command DOESNT EXIST for command blocks! You can enter it but it wil NOT kill you. the commandblock will just ignore the text! What are you trieng to reach with this little story you made up?

Yep. Also. SSP cannot have /kill. Also, command blocks only reach a certain amount of blocks, soggy outta that radius with a /effect command. /kill cannot be in a command block. You are also not uploading a video, cuz it states on your channel you won't upload anything again. Stop with the annoying fake ****, cuz it's annoying

Thanks to everyone who realizes this is obviously a fake troll post

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry...

I will be uploading it and I've kept that message on my Youtube channel because I will only upload for a custom map, videos requesting help, or showing how to do something. The reason the video is delayed is because my recording program(Screencast-O-matic) isn't working the way I want.
03/27/2013 3:49 pm
Masterwizard254
MadOliveGaming

Why are you talking bullcrap dude! the /kill command DOESNT EXIST for command blocks! You can enter it but it wil NOT kill you. the commandblock will just ignore the text! What are you trieng to reach with this little story you made up?

I'll make a video, post the link and it will show that it will kill me instantly. The video should be up in 10 minutes.
03/27/2013 3:47 pm
Masterwizard254
Willsr71

Wow good job. I would say your screwed since you cant run MCEdit, but there is a solution that you can use in minecraft. Give yourself a resistance 10 potion effect. That makes you invincible. its /effect [username] 11 100000 10 if that only goes for four seconds or there is an error flip the 100000 and the 10 around and it should work.

I tried that but it told me to enter "/effect [list:remove <all:TYPE>:add <all:TYPE> [DURATION] [STRENGTH]]" so, I entered "/effect add 11 100000 10". But, when I load that chunk where the command block is, I die instantly.

craftyman-114They disabled the /kill command with command blocks and /ban and /kick and all those other things, because you could use it to cheat on servers to ban whoever you want and kill them and cheat in hunger games or pvp so they disabled it.

You can't add a command to a command block if you aren't an op(or in SSP, enable cheats). If you give someone op status in Hunger Games, they will be winning.
03/27/2013 7:45 am
MadOliveGaming

03/26/2013 9:55 pm
Level 24 : Expert Warrior
craftyman-114
They disabled the /kill command with command blocks and /ban and /kick and all those other things, because you could use it to cheat on servers to ban whoever you want and kill them and cheat in hunger games or pvp so they disabled it.
03/27/2013 4:00 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
Suspence1127
Yep
MadOliveGaming

Yep. Also. SSP cannot have /kill. Also, command blocks only reach a certain amount of blocks, soggy outta that radius with a /effect command. /kill cannot be in a command block. You are also not uploading a video, cuz it states on your channel you won't upload anything again. Stop with the annoying fake ****, cuz it's annoying

Thanks to everyone who realizes this is obviously a fake troll post

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry...
03/26/2013 9:53 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Programmer
Willsr71

Wow good job. I would say your screwed since you cant run MCEdit, but there is a solution that you can use in minecraft. Give yourself a resistance 10 potion effect. That makes you invincible. its /effect [username] 11 100000 10 if that only goes for four seconds or there is an error flip the 100000 and the 10 around and it should work.
03/26/2013 9:14 pm
Masterwizard254
SemihLord

disable command blocks on server

kevin9ye

If you didnt do much, just go to .minecraft>saves> [World] Properties> and resore it

I'm in SSP and the world wasn't backed up.
03/26/2013 5:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-

If you didnt do much, just go to .minecraft>saves> [World] Properties> and resore it
03/26/2013 4:56 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
SemihLord

disable command blocks on server
12/22/2012 12:14 am
Level 40 : Master Droid
number1_Master
Your answer to every commandblock question:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Command_Block
12/22/2012 12:08 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
hisuii
*ahem* I believe there is a way to get /kill to work with command blocks. I believe the way it works is in the GUI you must put a specific player name..I THINK. But if not, screw me. And if I were you, I'd teleport them into the void or maybe off a cliff or something. Maybe into a little room that has dispensers that throw potion.potency.99 Instant Damage potions at you. I don't know. Just do whatever works
12/19/2012 6:22 am
Level 28 : Expert Skinner
Creeper_for_life
guys,first i dont have command block in my creative inventory,second,how on earth do u use a command block?
03/28/2013 2:10 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Toast
galika1080
Nobody does. Do /give (your name) 137
You then right click it, enter a vanilla command, or if on a server you can use plugin commands. Hit done, or the enter key, and it will execute the command when powered by redstone.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome