Webpage Server Controller [PHP / UNIX]

ptarrant's Avatar ptarrant12/3/12 11:35 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 47
1/8/2013 3:56 pm
ptarrant's Avatar ptarrant
Crafty Minecraft Controller
100% Open Source (and free) server control webapp for your bukkit server (vanilla minecraft might work...but untested)

Screenshots
http://imgur.com/ty8Md <--main interface
http://imgur.com/CyyBl <-- config page
http://imgur.com/BzAb3 <-- server commands
http://imgur.com/oczbv <--backups
http://imgur.com/wND8A <--user management

Requirements
  • Linux Based OS (Ubuntu is great)
  • Apache2 / PHP5
  • SQLite3 support for php5 installed
  • Screen

Current Version:1.2.6 Beta Testing Started.
Installation Instructions Here

Follow the Devs:@craftycontrol on twitter
What It Does

• change all options in your server.properties
  • start | stop server
  • Op | Deop | Ban | Unban | Kick Players
  • View server log (warnings are highlighted)
  • send "say " commands to the server (as if from console)
  • Create | Delete Backups Manually
  • Create any number of users for the system (currently user levels are unused but assigned)

*A Server is required to be apart of the beta testers* <--doesn't have to be public or even with players really.

How To Install Required Sofware
Click to reveal
Here is a quick help if installing on debian/ubuntu
* sudo apt-get install apache2

* sudo apt-get install php5

* sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5

* sudo apt-get install php5-sqlite

* sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
ptarrant
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/08/2013 3:56 pm
ptarrant
Finally decided to submit this as a mod
http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/craf ... ontroller/
01/07/2013 2:40 pm
ptarrant
sorry but I just found out that 1.2.7 RC1 didn't have the new updater included...

Here is the link to RC2 which has the new update notifications.
I strongly urge everyone to update to this release. i'm using it on 2 of my servers and it's rock solid with no issues, and the new update notifier will let you know if there is a new release, what type of release (dev or stable) and have a link so your just a click away from downloading it
01/07/2013 9:49 am
ptarrant
If you don't have twitter but want to see what all's being tweeted about our latest stuff, check www.craftycontroller.com - all our tweets are on the front page

since 1.2.7 is RC and rock solid on our servers we decided to start working on 1.2.8 - alpha. 1.2.8 is a huge re-build. Features will stay the same, and not much added at this time, but the code will be cleaner/faster

One new addition to the features is "user logging". Now when a person starts/stops/ban etc, their username is listed in the log. Helpful if multiple people manage the server.
01/07/2013 8:00 am
ptarrant
1.2.7-RC-Build 1 is released!

Very stable and the updater works, so when new versions are released you will be notified by the app!

This build is right before Stable, Development for this version has stopped, short of patches/bug fixes. This will be considered stable in about a week or so if we have no bug reports. So we need your help testing people.
01/06/2013 9:10 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
1001zippy
Interface update:

Being unhappy with the current interface, me and ptarrant have decided to recode the whole interface from the bottom up. By the end, it should be more pleasing to the eye and easy to use. Hopefully it gets out in 1.2.8.a, but if it doesn't it should be out before 1.3.x. Here's a sneak peak at what we're working on currently:
http://i.imgur.com/foY74.png
01/05/2013 8:26 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Looks Amazing. I'll try it out soon.
01/06/2013 8:47 am
1001zippy
Thanks!
01/05/2013 8:16 pm
ptarrant
1.2.7-beta is released as "beta", it's a "dev" build but really stable on my server's.

Release Info and Download Link Available Here

Getting close to a decent RC and perhaps Stable soon guys

I'm really excited about what we have planned for 1.2.8
Overhauled interface, and lots of new features are planned

Cheers
01/04/2013 3:39 pm
ptarrant
1.2.7-alpha is released to the public as 'dev' build. Which mean's it works for me, you can try it out and let us know how it works for you

http://bit.ly/100NRxE

Cheers
01/03/2013 11:20 pm
ptarrant
Courious whats fixed/added in 1.2.7-alpha?

Here is the current changelog / announcement - http://bit.ly/X4JnAB <-- the download link should be posted tomorrow sometime in the afternoon. If your running 1.2.6 beta you should get an update notice, however, still check as there was a problem with that code that got fixed in this version, so you may not be notified of the update.

If all goes well, it will be released tomorrow afternoon as a "dev" build. So if you're one of those crazy guys who like to experiment, and your feeling froggy, you might wanna give it a whirl.

even thought it's labeled an alpha, i consider it more stable than the current 1.2.6-beta. Speaking off....
We are moving closer to 1.2.6-RC and it should be released in about a week. No issues have been reported so far so the beta seems to be running well

if you have an issue, use the forums on crafycontroller.com or email me phil@craftycontroller.com either zippy or I will get back with you.

cheers!
01/03/2013 2:39 pm
ptarrant
Quick update

Hung Server Detection
CMC (crafty minecraft controller) now has the ability to 'auto-restart' the server incase of a crash. We do this in a different way than most bash scripts out there. We actually check to see if you can establish a connection to the server. This means it can detect a "hung" server. Even if it doesn't close and just sits there. The hung detection is configurable so you can check every X minutes (default is 15 minutes)

Track our progress on twitter @craftycontrol

We have an open beta going on right now.
Here is the info: http://www.craftycontroller.com/forums/ ... hp?f=5&t=4
Please use the forum or pm/email zippy for support issues.

1.2.7-alpha
I'm still working hard on Version 1.2.7 and making great progress. More things coming down the pipe such as an automated bukkit updater, better backups, and player management (delete players files ect..)

The Future
One idea I had for future versions was essentials configuration...any interest in that?

Cheers!
01/02/2013 4:13 pm
1001zippy
To clarify,

We currently have a fully functional website, but the landing page stinks. I am currently working on redesigning it while pt works on coding more. The new one should be up by the end of this week.

Note: the wiki and forums will stay the same.

Thanks!
01/02/2013 9:59 am
ptarrant
Ok guys.
Got some great things coming down the pipe.

If you have twitter you can follow the devs at @craftycontrol

I am starting 1.2.7 while 1.2.6 is being tested by a few people.
New features are getting added such as auto-restart on server crash, CMC update notifications, better user control, and some other things like a page to control some settings for the app.

The main site for the app is almost done and we will update you guys on that soon.
We will have a wiki and support forums.

Cheers!
12/30/2012 11:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
wild_boar789
OMG this sounds amazing! Hooray for not supporting The Evil Empire and supporting open source code!
12/31/2012 1:32 am
ptarrant
There are enough commercial products out there. I always try to go Open Source when looking for programs, I figured what they hay, time to give some back

That said, there is an unintrusive donate link
12/30/2012 11:36 pm
ptarrant
RoboSharksCan I start testing it now ....

If anyone else wants to help test the alpha release send me or zippy a PM. We are ready for a few testers...i don't want to do a public beta until we are in "beta"

I officially closed "alpha" code last night and did a clean/fresh install on my testing server and all seemed well.

This system is usable...provided it all works like it does on my server. You should be able:

change all options in your server.properties

start | stop server

Op | Deop | Ban | Unban | Kick Players

View server log (warnings are highlighted)

send "say " commands to the server (as if from console)

Create Backups Manually

Create any number of users for the system (currently user levels are unused but assigned)

Also, this whole system looks great on my tablet...the menu is abit wonky on my phone...but the tablet looks as good as a desktop browser. just FWIW.

I have detailed (if not overly detailed) instructions on how to set it up...boils down to like 4 steps, but also includes "find out where bukkit is installed" and "unzip files" ... I made them as bullet proof as possible.

Beta code has started and is a huge improvement already regarding some features I wish I had added to the alpha.

Until the project site is setup, I'm going to be using this thread for all info regarding the system...I can't really post it as a "mod" as i'm not a high enough level or something. I will be editing my initial post with requirements, current release, etc etc...

Thanks and Cheers!
ptarrant
12/28/2012 11:01 pm
ptarrant
Hi Guys,
Just popping in for an update

Backups
Manual Backups work (you can even delete them if you wish)
we will be working on those in the future...as thats one of my big projects.
Here is a look at the interface -> http://imgur.com/oczbv.png

Users
Users management is currently working, although there is no difference in user levels yet Here is a look at it's interface for now -> http://imgur.com/wND8A.png

Autoinstaller
We also have an auto installer / reinstaller.
When you first navigate to the page, it will check for a settings.json file, if not there it will auto-start the installer and ask you 3 very simple questions (admin username, pass and where bukkit is installed). Then your off!

Need to reinstall? Simple, ssh into your server, delete the settings.json file and boom the installer will take over again.

We are coming up on a "feature freeze" ALA Ubuntu style of development. So In a few days, We will lock down the alpha and stop adding new features, release the alpha and start working on beta.

Website
We have bought a domain for this project and are in the process of getting some docs, screenshots, etc etc setup on it...that's is kinda a back burner thing but something to look forward to.

Cheers!
12/28/2012 8:46 am
Level 22 : Expert Warrior
KingVJoker
no :{ but i will like to help any way that you need help
12/28/2012 9:26 am
ptarrant
We aren't ready for it now, however, if you want and are able, we could use some documentation on how to do things and how to do specific operations once we have a solid beta or release candidate.

Keep watching this thread and I'll get back with you once we post a decent beta or RC.
12/28/2012 8:30 am
KingVJoker
i wist to help, but how
12/28/2012 8:43 am
ptarrant
do you have a server that runs linux and has the other required software?

Requirements:
Apache/PHP5
Screen
SQLite support for apache

I'm getting close to having an alpha release ready.
12/27/2012 8:30 pm
ptarrant
Thanks KingVJoker!

I've been putting a lot of work into design, but also had some time to get the 'commands' section pretty well complete.

You can ban/unban/kick players all from the webpage/app. You also have the ability to send "custom commands" to the server in case you have a plugin we didn't think about. So if you wanted to send /creepers goboom! you have that option.

Here is a lookie
http://i.imgur.com/BzAb3.png

Also, just to get an idea:
Besides Robosharks how many of you guys wanna help alpha test this beast?
12/26/2012 8:24 am
KingVJoker
good job, it look very good
12/26/2012 7:13 am
ptarrant
Here are some Screenshots of the Interface currently, Keep in mind, interface is subject to change.

Main "overview"
http://imgur.com/ty8Md

Config Page
http://imgur.com/LkcGq

*note the config page loads with the current settings already filled out / selected.*

@roboshark - Let us get these other few pages usable (backups for one) and the user management system styled and we will get you the alpha download link ASAP.

Keep in mind, currently you only need the following installed on your server:
Apache/PHP5
SQLite Support
Screen (almost EVERY linux distro has this)
www-data needs read/write/execute access to the folder where bukkit is installed and where it's ran from:

I.E. /bukkit and /var/www/

FYI:
I tried to make this as light as possible...it's currently being developed on a dual core 1.8ghz machine with 4gb ram...with about 5 players. if that can run bukkit and this system with no real load issues...anything can
MOD_rewrite isn't required but is possible if you want to make the URL's pretty
12/25/2012 10:23 pm
ptarrant
Zippy and I have been busy. we are making great headway and expect to be releasing an "Alpha" for people to test. We expect the release to happen within Jan.

Current Features:
General Info Page, with load monitoring
Server.properties config via a form
Stop/Start server via buttons
Server Log Parsing (minimal - warning/severe in red) - chat coming soon
Send server commands straight to console via forms
unlimted Users
Banned Players Listing (unban buttons later)

soon to be coded into alpha:
backup (manual, scheduled backups will be later)
remove players.dat files from world.

just an update. screenshots will come later...

thanks
12/22/2012 10:34 am
1001zippy
Open Beta expected by Feb 2013! Alpha release hopefully in Jan 2013. Thank you for all the support guys.
12/16/2012 3:33 pm
1001zippy
Thank you to everyone for the suggestions!
12/16/2012 3:28 pm
1001zippy
Yes, boostrapping is currently in place to help while we are laying things out. Hopefully by release 2.0, the full interface will be in place. We are working full tilt to get this out to you guys.
12/16/2012 12:36 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
RoboSharks
Can I start testing it now and maybe you should get ideas from this free control panel in open beta.
http://spacebukkit.xereo.net/
12/16/2012 12:27 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc337468
[deleted]
12/16/2012 12:14 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
oman9589
@1001zippy

If you're going to try to make this a public thing, I'd recommend you make your own custom user interface before using bootstrap. It will give the whole thing a more custom feel.
12/15/2012 6:31 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Minecraftica
When will the final beta release be ready for the public ?
12/15/2012 11:19 pm
1001zippy
An alpha release is expected within 2 weeks. Keep your eyes open on GitHub (), where we will post when alpha is open. I will also post it on this thread. You can try out the software now, and help us with bug tracking and things, but keep in mind, currently, it is nowhere near stable. That being said, Beta should be within 6 weeks. Remember, these are just estimates, and the actual date could be +/- 1-2 weeks.
12/13/2012 8:32 pm
1001zippy
Hello guys,

I've teamed with PTarrant to bring you Crafty Server Control! This is the updated version of the software and the GitHub link will be released soon. I'll be mainly working on interface design while ptarrant works on the main programming and scripting. This project is not dead and development is still continuing. Here's a screenshot of the new interface. There are still new features being added, and interface is still very much in-dev, but I would love some feedback on it.

http://i.imgur.com/dKvjV.png

EDIT: I'm making the image a "URL" because the image wasn't fitting on the post :/ Just click the link to see it.
12/11/2012 3:57 pm
Level 42 : Master Network
Shvesley
It would be really neat if you could open Plugin Configuration files in NotePad+ some how.
12/13/2012 8:32 pm
1001zippy
Nice suggestion, we will be building a better editor, and interface to make file editing way easier.
12/11/2012 3:27 pm
ptarrant
Here is the server config area, I've been busy today

Form not pretty enough, I might have help with that...

@zippy, I sent you a PM, but not sure if it actually sent correctly.

12/10/2012 10:28 pm
ptarrant
Oh, here is an updated Screen Grab

The CPU load refreshes every 5, and colors change, green < 50%, Yellow 50-75%, Red 75%+

Same with memory.

The server config tab shows your entire server.properties file in a nice form with dropdown values on boolean settings, and other "limited" things such as difficulty.

Soon to come is the save portion, *** SEE EDIT BELOW*** You will have to give a SUDO login/password in the config to get this to work as php/apache doesn't have write access to folders, especially since your bukkit/minecraft more than likely isn't in /var/www

/end geekness

/edit - I opted to just require users to give ww-data read/write/execute privledges to bukkit/minecrafts folder. Seems wiser, a sudo login/password even if encrypted just urked me from the start. as long as apache/php has permission in the folders, your fine.

12/10/2012 8:49 pm
ptarrant
Posting this just so others know this project isn't dead

12/10/2012 7:16 pm
1001zippy
=
12/04/2012 6:56 am
ptarrant
So far, here is how it's looking.
Keep in mind, I'm not that big on flashy designs and all that when frameworking something

The login system works, All info you see has been generated by the page.
There is very little configuration needed at the moment.

All you do is define where bukkit is installed, the server name you want to it to be called and how many lines you want the log to show (50 default), and your login credientials of course.

The "all players" section will be moved to another page as I'm sure that could get long.
I'll be working on the "server info" section next and moving it to where the players info is.
12/03/2012 1:47 pm
ptarrant
I'm not saying it will trump the others .... most likely it will fall short, but I'm aiming to make make something that has similar functionality. That will be completely open source, and require nothing other than Apache/PHP...

@ninja246810 - I doubt I wanna play with Iptables via a webterface. It could be break many things...if all the other things are done, i'll look into makeing it happen. I do all my forwarding via PFsense so I don't really need it

Since there appears to be some interest in it, I'll work on making it more user friendly etc. I'll even post a screenshot in a few I guess.
12/03/2012 1:00 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
If you'd like to develop a nice open source one that will trump the others, more power to you - it would be nice to see some alternatives that don't have Pro plastered all over them.

My personal preference is mcMyAdmin. The requirement of .NET is just to help the cross-platform nature of it on both the developer and the executor's side.

-P
12/03/2012 12:53 pm
ptarrant
Here are my issues with those.

Multicraft cost money or is ad supported and limited to 10 players

McMyAdmin is a .NET application that requires you to install mono/other scripts to get it to run on linux. And is rather a pain IMHO

I was making this for someone who just wants to install Apache and go...if there is one out there that does that, can you point me to it?

I've looked on here already - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Progr ... r_wrappers

Thanks
12/03/2012 12:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Umm theres loads of server tools that do this, most common being

http://www.mcmyadmin.com/
12/03/2012 11:58 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
Would love this
12/03/2012 11:42 am
Level 41 : Master Ninja
ninja246810
Hmm... I think that this could be very successful.

It could start something big, maybe it could port forward for you.
I hope this gets big.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome