Can't Connect to Servers

Fate-Kun's Avatar Fate-Kun12/2/11 3:10 pm
1 emeralds 470 7
1/16/2012 9:21 pm
Kripliflak's Avatar Kripliflak
I've tried running my own server and it seems to connect properly when I run it but when I input the IP of other servers I seem to keep getting Cannot Reach Servers, or Connection Timed out errors.

I have Hamachi but am not sure how exactly it help minecraft other than giving me a group chat and a possible IP to use, any help would be loved, and I'm willing to work with anyone through live chats or anything, I just want this problem fixed!
Fate-Kun
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/16/2012 9:21 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Kripliflak
Some people are currently having an issue with connecting to servers or having others connect to theirs. This is not the join server bug where you just restart your minecraft and try again until it works. This is also not a simple 'minecraft servers for dummies' issue.

Ever since the 1.0 patch my sister and our mutual friend have not been able to connect to anyone's server or have anyone connect to theirs. They have both joined servers before and my sister has been running servers since 1.6... if not before. We just tried to get a 1.7.3 server working to see if it was the actually updated files from 1.0 or if it has something to do with the minecraft network.

The 1.7.3 server did not work.. I don't have the first clue what is going on. All I can say is that people are having a serious issue atm when they ask why they cannot connect.

I know what your going through Fare-Kun. If my mc crew and I found a solution, I will post it here for you! Please do the same. GL
12/02/2011 4:41 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
dragnog
my port 25565 is forwarded

To join other servers you dont need to port forward you router but it cool you done it in case you ever want to make one

Can you try connecting to:
mcm.cole2sworld.com:25565
i connected to this server 2 mins ago and it works for me. If you cant connect to it atleast we know there is a problem at your end and not the server you are conencting to end.

A cracked version will never get through the authecation servers if the server mode is set to online.
12/02/2011 4:14 pm
Fate-Kun
my port 25565 is forwarded
I'm using Hamachi as well
my version is 1.0.0
The Hamachi servers Are in Fact "Online"

and I hate that everyone keeps asking if the game is paid for or not, from what I've seen it doesn't make much difference, but I am using a paid version, and I have tried a Cracked version as well, to see if it could make a difference and same issues

I am still trying to find a solution here...
12/02/2011 4:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Have you checked any of those servers are actually online?

What version of MC are you using? Most are 1.0.0 now.
12/02/2011 3:57 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
dragnog
Hi there,

1.) Do you have a paid for version of minecraft ?
2.) Are the servers you are connecting to definately on

I have Hamachi but am not sure how exactly it help minecraft other than giving me a group chat and a possible IP to use

Hamachi is a false ip. People use hamachi when they cant port forward there router. You need to be able to port forward a router to let people come on a server. If people cant do this for whatever reason they can use hamachi. When you are logged into someone hamachi account you can use the false ip to log into the server instead of your own one. This means you dont have to port forward but anyone who wants to join that server will need to have hamachi.

3.) Is it a Hamachi server. If it is find the details log in and then connect in the multiplayer section.

If none of this work im not sure what wrong. The server is either down or it hasen't been port forwarded properly.

Thanks,
Drag
12/02/2011 3:27 pm
Fate-Kun
ZaphodXwww.planetminecraft.com/blog/ultimate-server-guide/

I don't need a guide to make my server connectable I need help connecting to other ppls servers -.-
12/02/2011 3:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome