Create a Country!

KingTip's Avatar KingTip8/20/14 2:59 am
1 emeralds 2.5k 43
3/29/2015 9:51 pm
KingTip's Avatar KingTip
To create a new country, simply fill out the following:

Player
Nickname: If you want people to use one for you.
Time zone: so that people can have an idea of when you are online.
Anything else: Add any information you think should be included.

Country
Name: the name of your country
Race(s): what races live in your country, as well as their role in society if there is more than one (are they all equal? Or are the dinosaurs the rulers while humans are slaves?)
Capital City: the name of your capital city along with a short description thereof.
Flag: your flag. May be omitted
Government: How is your land ruled? Do you have a king? A council of elders? An elected president? Who is your leader/what is the name of the ruling family/who is influential in your country?
Population: basic rule of thumb is that small and/or fast races have a large population, while large and/or slow races have a smaller population
Religion: Make up something that your people believe in (Gods are real, so you can expect some actual help from them). You can base this off a real religion, but don't use a real religion (to keep things Basically Decent) May be omitted.
Technology: Middle age technology is standard, you may choose a few areas in which you are ahead.
Magic: How much does your country know about magic? Who practices it, and how? May be tied in with religion if your God is the source of your magic.
History: How your country was formed. May be omitted.
Geography: what kind of terrain does your country have? Mountains, deserts, lush forests, ice plains, salt lakes? May be omitted.

If you are mentioning a race that has not been mentioned before, you additionally need to include a description of the
Race
Appearance: describe how your race looks.
Advantages: areas at which your race excels
Disadvantages: areas at which your race has problems. Should be at least as many of these as of advantages
Magic: What kind of magic can your race use? Must it be learned, or is it instinctual? How powerful is it? Can all members of the race use it, or just some?
Lifecycle: If the race has more/less genders than the standard 2, if there is a strange way to have babies, if there is a larva state... mention those things here.

NOTE: do not create a race that goes against normally used races. i.e. don't create "orks" that are beautiful, graceful and nice. Don't create "humans" that are reptiles.

Rules
This is mostly a free-form RPG, but since we are playing together and not each alone, some rules are necessary to keep this from dissolving into chaos.
1. Be reasonable within the laws of the world. These will be established as we make our characters and play. Specifically: don't be overpowered. You don't suddenly develop magical powers that can destroy all your enemies at a glance, and you don't suddenly have spaceships when you were just finished figuring out how a typewriter works. Don't be afraid to tell others if you feel they are crossing a line.
2. Arguments are ultimately resolved by me. This is to ensure that the thread doesn't dissolve into arguments; if I feel that an issue is taking too much attention I will step in and resolve it, and all players should accept the resolution. I will try to use this a little as possible.
3. Wars are resolved by a neutral party. Basically: Players A and B are having a war. They choose a player C which isn't involved. Both players send their moves to player C, who then decides what happens. Repeat until there is a winner (either because one side is captured, destroyed, or there is a diplomatic agreement to stop the war)
4. Countries and Races must be accepted by me, again this to ensure that people don't start with overpowered countries. You won't be allowed to have archangels who can command every other race they have to obey instinctively. Again, I'll only use this if someone really crosses a line in terms of power, beyond that you are free to be as creative as you like.
5. Updates to the map are to be done as follows: Step 1, tell people that the map will be updated. Only do this if some time has passed since the last update, or some major changes have happened (new country, war has changed borders, etc.). Step 2: Give people time to tell you how their countries have changed since last update. The changes should be consistent with what the people have said in the RPG. You may omit this step if you only want to add a new country. Step 3: Post the updated map, along with a change-log telling people what has changed.
6. Nothing is set in stone. The main goal here is to have fun and create an interesting world. Give a reasonable explanation for why you want something to be changed, and it will very likely be possible to do so.

Current Map: http://imgur.com/gallery/dagPtDa/new
KingTip
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon