SOPA = US Government taking away the internet, from everyone

Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos12/17/11 11:32 am
1 emeralds 3.3k 435
12/22/2011 2:06 am
SourC00kie's Avatar SourC00kie
The US government is currently trying to pass a bill which essentially will result in the internet being a useless invention, they will make it were a site with the potential to have illegal links or submissions can be taken down. That would also include this site, youtube, even places like facebook or twitter. Now, as i really dont have any personal experience in anything that would require me to actually have a life i shall refer you to someone I have subscribed to on youtube who happens to be British and have some legal experience and knowledge.

Also, if you are an american citizen please click the link below and send the pre-written E-mail to your congressmen (you can edit it if you want as well)

http://tinyurl.com/writetocongress

And to those of you who don't live in America who think this doesn't affect you, it does. many of the most popular sites (Youtube for one) are hosted in the states and so if this bill passes it will pretty much be kicked around by the government and proceed to not exist.

Thanks for reading and i hope they shoot all the idiots who thought this stupid thing up.

If anyone has anything constructive and/or on-topic feel free to add you thoughts, just please no flamewars.

(apologies if I in anyway shape or form offended or annoyed anyone on this site with my save the internet rant)
Palaeos
Super Moderator
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Turtle