What are good mods to put in a modpack

poop_pie's Avatar poop_pie4/18/15 8:22 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 9
4/20/2015 10:36 pm
RandomMcSomethin's Avatar RandomMcSomethin
hey im just wandering im gong to make a modpack and I want some good mods so suggest away also I want someone to help make it so it has over 400 mods and a private server ok thx for listening
poop_pie
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
04/20/2015 10:36 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Botanist
RandomMcSomethin
If you're into automation, Buildcraft, IC2, Thermal Expansion, Steve's Carts, Steve's Factory Manager, and JABBA would be some good mods to start with.

As for magic, Thaumcraft, Boatania, Witchery, and Ars Magica 2 are pretty reputable.

Some other good mods would be NEI, Morph, Carpenter's Blocks, Optifine, Tropicraft, Weather, Too Much TNT, Lycanite's Mobs, and Flan's Mod along with some of its addons.

You may also want to try some more obscure mods as well. You should try to search through the Minecraft Forums, PMC Forums, Curse, or some other mod hosting site to see what you can find.

If you want a modpack based around a map, like Crash Landing for example, Hardcore Questing Mode and Custom NPCs would be some good additions.

Depending on what you want to do, you may want to add Orespawn, but it's been done several times in other modpacks.

There are also several mods that improve aesthetics, such as Optifine, Chisel, Chisel 2, and Better Foliage.

It's also important to get the modder's permission before adding in their mod(s) if necessary.

I hope that this helps
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome