Mapping help

Doc35's Avatar Doc3511/24/15 1:13 am
1 emeralds 321 7
11/27/2015 12:34 am
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm pretty new to PMC and I couldn't find a mapping section on the forums anywhere. I would greatly appreciate it if staff would put this in the right spot.

Anyway, down to business. I am planning on making a map about Star Wars (I love SW and seeing the Star Wars Battlefront Trailers have really got my creative juices going) I have some questions but first:
I would consider myself to be an intermediate-semi advanced Redstoner, generally good at basic commands (I can summon Mobs with armor and tools, give items with tags, etc.). I also understand many advanced mechanics about the game.

So:
1. I am planning to make blasters with hoes and resource packs, since the bow charging time sort of kills the mood, as in Star Wars you just have to pull the trigger and off your blaster bolt goes, but in Minecraft, it takes one second to charge, therefore, if you don't charge it, it doesn't travel far and doesn't do much damage. So is there a way to use /execute (/testfor in command blocks says "Unknown command") to test when a player right-clicks holding a diamond how and shoots an arrow in the direction that the player is facing, and the same for other hows, but with different ammo, like snowballs for wooden hoes, fireballs for iron, etc etc.

2. How would I make moving, controllable, shooting AT-ATs, AT-STs, X-Wings etc. I plan to make this all Vanilla (Un-modded). San besides, I found a SW mod, but it only has structures and not entities that you can ride/shoot with. I need something that will give me a vehicle (And not pigs in minecarts) such as a starfighter. It needs to acctually fire blaster cannons.

3. I plan to make Lightsabers with re-textured swords, but i want a way so that when blocking, I gets rid of arrow damage/sword damage, etc. As if it were defelcting blaster bolts and blocking another lightsaber. I have a general idea were if blocking, you get Resistance IV until you stop blocking, but I'm not sure how to do that.

POSSIBLY MORE QUESTIONS LATER, SO STAY TUNED
Doc35
Level 1 : New Miner