Getting into programming

JaackMacy's Avatar JaackMacy11/18/16 2:46 pm
12/9/2016 1:47 am
newkdv's Avatar newkdv
my end goal is to get good enough to be able to make mods.
Is it possible to teach my self, Or should I pay for classes. so far I went to codeacademy and the first lesson went well but it told me to upgrade to pro to continue. next I went to this website http://www.learnjavaonline.org/en/Hello%2C_World%21 and from looking at the first lesson I feel like I wont get anywhere, this looks like its a guide for someone who already knows other programming languages. How many of you experienced programmers learned by your self?
JaackMacy
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
12/09/2016 1:47 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
newkdv
It is absolutely possible to teach yourself programming. I started with Java (Swing baby) when I was in my mid-teens and moved into college with a strong foundation.

And in the event that you ever plan to go to college for software programming, it would be a huge help if you go in with some sort of experience in programming. The noobies in comp sci had really no idea what they're doing their first semester, and by the end of the semester less than half of the students were showing up to classes.

If you ever have questions or troubles, definitely go check out /r/learnprogramming on reddit. You'll get your questions answered.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome