How to grow a server?

eric1169's Avatar eric11693/4/17 5:51 pm
3/23/2017 5:20 pm
Presidente's Avatar Presidente
Hi, I'm looking for some advise. I've had a server set up recently and gotten the basics that a server needs. I've made a simple website as well as uploaded it here (ip is thoushallnotplantcorn.fluctis.com:25781 if you want to see it.) Anyways I'm not getting any players and I am looking for advice. Preferably some personal experience would help.
eric1169
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

info Note: You're viewing a single reply. View all replies
03/04/2017 6:04 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Ranger
VascoTheDog
I've been running a server for a few years and the most important thing I can tell you is build a community of likeminded people. Hold on to the players you do get.
It all starts with the people. Without the people, the server is an empty boat in a sea filled with other vessels. Not saying you have to bend over backwards for them, but keeping them happy is important. When I started my server, I had no intention on a big server with a bunch of players. Just started out as something fun to do with some friends. After a bit of advertising (keeping the server page here on PMC bumped and setting up votifier) people started coming and staying because they liked the atmosphere. I guess the best way for me to put it is you get out of it what you put into it if you play your cards right.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome