Prison server, need ranks!!! Please help!!

Jakobye's Avatar Jakobye7/7/15 6:04 pm
7/8/2015 1:51 pm
DannyTheDr11's Avatar DannyTheDr11
Hi guys, today I'm here to ask a favor. I recently decided I wanted to create a server, a prison server in fact. I got the spawn and all a-z mines ready and I have all the plugins I want. Sadly, I simply can't figure out how to create the ranks and give them the right permissions. I use group manager and Prison 3 plugin for ranks. I know its a lot to ask, but if anybody does want to do this for me, they get Head-Admin or Warden, on my server when its all completed. If you want to use Pex or group manager or any other permissions plugin feel free, the same goes to using Prison 3, you don't have to. All i want is the ranks A-Z. They can all have the same permissions the only thing that will really change is their rank and the warp they will go to. Also the lowest rank and or starting rank will be a. I can do the guarding and protecting mines and reset the mines, but I just really need help with the ranks and their perms. Also know that I tried for around a week with no success even using many different combinations of plugins, so If you do decide to help please tell me the plugins you decide to use ( the one for prison rank plugin and the permissions plugin ). One last thing before I go, remember you can get a rank if that happens to mean anything to you, also I will post it when the server is done, if your interested please reply here and if you have anything you'd like to say before helping just comment down below, thanks for reading, peace.

Edit: Figured how to "code" to permissions for the ranks and their inheritance yet I'm still accepting staff and my skype is Eat-Slugs
Jakobye
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/08/2015 1:51 pm
DannyTheDr11
Hey, if you're looking for someone to build for you check me out. Me and my friends have a build team and here's what we've built http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ding-team/
07/08/2015 1:50 pm
DannyTheDr11
Hey, if you're looking for someone to build for you check me out. Me and my friends have a build team and here's what we've built http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ding-team/
07/08/2015 1:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Taco
AGoFish
Hey Jakobye,

Great to see you're getting involved with the community, but I must ask and I ask because I want to help you, what is going to be more satisfying to you? running a server and having someone else set it up for you, or running a server and putting the hours if not days in to learn everything there is to know?

I started hosting Minecraft servers 2 years ago now, I sucked at first, and I had people do it for me, which made me lazy and meant I never learnt, It wasn't until last year when I brought up my second server that I realized, If I truly want a decent server I need to be willing to put in the effort to learn myself. It took me ages, but now I know permissions.ex off the top of me head, I know most permission nodes for essentials. And could config just about any plugin you throw at me.

If I could give you 1 piece of advice though for your server, It's advertisement! Always always advertise! Forums and voting sites are a great start! But also consider paid advertisement, for a surprisingly small amount of money, you can really make your server stand out if you try look around for the best deals.

Anyways I wish you all the best with your server, and hope you understand what I say in regards to personal satisfaction.
Cheers
~West
07/07/2015 6:36 pm
Xbiker22
Get can u Skype me about ur server to?
07/07/2015 6:35 pm
Xbiker22
I would love to try and help you out with ur server!
07/08/2015 1:10 pm
Jakobye
I added you to skype!
07/07/2015 6:34 pm
GetShrektboi
Wanna be co owner on my server prison
if so my skype is killer.643
07/08/2015 1:11 pm
Jakobye