▄ ▅ ▆▼ Project Beta ▼ ▆ ▅ ▄ ┆ A Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 Server

adventurequest's Avatar adventurequest3/24/17 11:54 am
1 emeralds 134 3
3/25/2017 7:56 am
adventurequest's Avatar adventurequest

Project Beta

Since my other post gained quite a bit publicity I decided to get this project going!

What is Project Beta? Project Beta is my attempt to revitalize the olden days of Minecraft, back when things were simpler and not every server was a copy+pasted Minigame server.

If you played during Classic/Indev/Infdev/Alpha/Beta you probably know what I am talking about. I have had some of my best memories made in gaming during that time.

I remember setting up a shop near the server spawn exchanging resources with other players, we had no kind of protection at all on the server to prevent griefing/stealing etc. Why is this you ask? Well because back then we had little need of this, putting your items in a chest and going to sleep it unthinkable that someone would touch your stuff without your permission. There of course were some bad seeds back then too, but they were very rare from my experience.

Now this is understandable as the general community of Minecraft is much younger compared to back then and I'm not going to sit here and bash a generation or something, but I do miss the tight knit communities we had back then.

That is why I am giving it my best shot to recreate this experience.

Server info:
The server is based on Minecraft beta version 1.7.3 due to it being a very stable build with a medium amount of content available.

Application system through our Discord to cut down the amount of users attempting to join with malicious intent.

Currently uses the Faction plugin. This may either stay/be removed depending on what you guys want, I want the community to be able to vote for and against all major changes on the server.

Griefing only allowed between two warring factions.

I'm interested, how do I join?
First of all you need to join our Discord. (link below)
The rest of the instructions are provided on the Discord, a short application will be sent to me using discord.

At the moment we have 7 players on our discord and we are rapidly growing!

Links:

https://discord.gg/bcnZRXc

Time until release:

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/pr ... down-clock

Server is now LIVE!
adventurequest
Level 29 : Expert Architect