[A Mod Like No Other] Project HalfLife

CommanderHusky's Avatar CommanderHusky3/30/17 7:17 pm
4/4/2017 2:46 pm
Scott's Avatar Scott
Hello users of Planet Minecraft, I have come here to give the proposal for a mod line no other to date, this mod I am proposing is one based of a beloved series, and probably the best game series (In my opinion) to date.

Half-Life 2

Yes, indeed, a mod based off of Half-Life 2, and before you comment that its been done before, I must add, it has INDEED been done before, but most of the attempts have never been completed properly.

Why invest time into OUR mod?
Because we plan to bring a storyline, YES, a storyline, to our mod, using Worlds, custom models, Mobs, and much more, we will also bring over 20 different new items to Minecraft.

We are currently looking for people willing to help us with the mod, so Ill drop an application format below,

Name :
Age( No restrictions, be honest):
Portoflio :
Discord ID / Skype Name :
Why you think YOU deserve to be chosen (Minimum of one paragraph) :
What will you bring to the mod? (Minimum of one paragraph) :
Whats your expertise?
(Coding/Programming,Texturing,Modeling,Design,Idea Pitching)

I hope to see applicants, even just giving your ideas or opinions is good enough for us.

(The name is due to change, it depends)
CommanderHusky
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/04/2017 2:46 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
Commander Husky
It would be pre-built worlds that you would have to download (But you can use mods to store, and automatically port in your worlds folder) and then using modded items, blocks, and a special little block I've got planned out to make the "Story-mode" of sorts a reality.

I mean more in the sense that how are you going to check that they are running the correct world. For instance, if we take HalfLife 2 start, when you step off the train, how are you going to check the have the train exit map loaded? If you run off world names, the user may have a world with the same name, for instance.
You would also have the problem of other mods interfering with your [Half Life] mod. If I was to install a minimap mod and for some reason teleport to a waypoint, how would your code detect they have skipped forward and the mod wouldn't have certain variables with values for instance.
Taking a leaf out of HalfLifes book, they have each area as a separate level/world, setting the user data as they get there. However, if you were to do this with client side mods, this would not be possible as there could be human error or files not existing, or again mod corruption or editing.

In conclusion, I don't believe that a client-side mod would be the best way to do this project; as there is more complications and things the user has to set up and deal with. To optimise the community take a popularity, would it not be a better idea to have it server side, put custom texturepacks on the user through a packet, as then you can have multiple worlds, a way to prevent cheating and the option to change things around after release?

Your idea is great, sure, but I think there are ways that you could make it so the user doesn't need mods and can have just as much fun.

If you want to code it server side, I have a *very* high amount of server-side spigot / NMS development experience, and could probably help you out
04/04/2017 1:21 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
HbTextures
And what versions will the mod be on?1.10? 1.11? Maybe 1.7.10?
04/02/2017 5:52 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Name : In Minecraft it's PiCookie, but I'm not sure if you wanted my real name or IGN.
Age( No restrictions, be honest): 14 . . . Pretty sure; but I could be wrong as I often forget my age.
Portoflio : I'm not sure what a portfolio is, but I've helped another person with 2 mods; Kaizo and Decus mod.
Discord ID / Skype Name : Discord: PiCookie #3687
Why you think YOU deserve to be chosen (Minimum of one paragraph) :
Personally, I think the entire idea of 'deserving' is rather ludicrous and overly sentimental. Things don't happen because one has done the certain deeds required to get it. I think I am decent at some parts of texturing. Granted I do not think I'd qualify however, as you've already told someone 'no' since he was 'witty'. That sentence right there has thus spelled my doom, and while I may be genuinely interested in the project I have thus doomed myself to bring about my point in the form of satire. Plus, seeing as to how you aren't getting many responses, I'll probably be higher on the list than the other guy. Also, I think it is rather silly to require a single paragraph in a time when our attention spans last for half a milisecond.
What will you bring to the mod? (Minimum of one paragraph) :
I will bring my 'skill', if you can call it that. I'm not THE best at pixel art, but I can do a thing or two. Actually just one thing, not two. I can sort of model . . . as in I made a birdie. I am also good at making overly complicated storylines with a purpose; though I'm not sure if that would help, as most of mods with 'storylines' are simply half-baked mindless cliched piles of garbage.
Whats your expertise?
Texturing; although I wouldn't quite say 'expertise'. I'm also not half-bad at idea generating and modelling.
04/03/2017 2:42 pm
CommanderHusky
I have read your application, and decided you are fit for the job (Seeing as we have hardly started on the project) Its good to have someone not that good so that they can learn to get better over time.

I will contact you on Discord.

~ Husky
04/02/2017 3:18 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
HbTextures
What content can we expect form the mod? Any specific weapons, blocks, etc?
04/03/2017 2:39 pm
CommanderHusky
You can expect mobs like Combine troops, Metropolice, Resistance, Citizens, and many more to come.

Item wise, theres a lot planned to be added.
Crowbars, SMGs (Keeping to the pixely aspect of Minecraft of course), Rockets, .45 Revolvers, and a lot more from the Half-Life universe.

Block wise, It would take to long to list, but you can expect many new blocks in the near future.

~ Husky
04/02/2017 1:00 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
Is this client side or server side? If it's client side, then how do you plan to implement the ability to start and stop a game without effecting the user's other worlds? I've done similar before but I decided to write it for Spigot inside a server, then disable chat and hide all other online players. That way I could create the game with save points, enemies etc, and the user could join with no mods.
04/02/2017 1:42 pm
CommanderHusky
In response.

It would be pre-built worlds that you would have to download (But you can use mods to store, and automatically port in your worlds folder) and then using modded items, blocks, and a special little block I've got planned out to make the "Story-mode" of sorts a reality.
I didn't want to go in-depth because surprises fun.
( Who knows if the project will even stay popular or get finished, it all depends on the community's opinion)
~ Husky
04/01/2017 10:41 am
Level 20 : Expert Toast
xFinch
I cba to write an application and i dont care if i get denied because I'm just gonna state what I have, its more worth my while:

I dont need to tell you my name under data protection acts in place.
A portfolio is not required in this circumstance.
My discord ID is ItsNotThatKDZ#4768
I am not required to state why I deserve to be chosen as the mod has no current community value.
I can do textures, that is all.
Texturing.
04/02/2017 12:52 pm
CommanderHusky
Well, due to a witty attitude, and that you clearly show no interest in this project, I will not be accepting you.
Thanks for "Attempting" to fill out an application.
~ Husky
04/01/2017 1:13 am
CommanderHusky
Bumpedy Bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome