Question about Kits

ronski00's Avatar ronski009/27/14 7:00 pm
1 emeralds 482 9
10/4/2014 5:31 pm
ronski00's Avatar ronski00
I have kits set up on my server, and I have ten kits set up to go along with ten ranks. I have it set up right now so people can use each kit once every 24 hours. So, if you a user has achieved the highest rank, they can use all kits once every ten hours. I feel like this could make factions too op, so is there a way you can set it so users can only use one or maybe kits every 24 hours, but they get a choice of which kit they want to use? Thanks.
ronski00
Level 3 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/04/2014 5:31 pm
ronski00
To be honest, no. I am new to server stuff, and I am still learning a lot. I have someone helping me with my server though who is very knowledgable, and I am sure he will be able to add what the system you mentioned. Onle thing is, he is currently helping another server is is a co-owner on, so I have to wait for him to finish with that. But thanks again for the help!
10/04/2014 4:22 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
Hey, you're welcome and no worries. Thanks.
did you get the kit sorted?
09/30/2014 10:02 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
I see you've been on this for days! What other plugins do you have installed already? Something that can execute commands?

Edit: Thinking some more on this you might be able to do it by playing around with the permissions. Maybe put all the kits into their own groups in the globalgroups.yml. When they select a kit they are removed from the group. Then schedule a command for midnight or whenever everyday to put them back?

Edit II: What you need is to add a new method to essentials. One that when called resets all the time stamps for the kits in the player's userdata. You can see the file at plugins/Essentials/userdata/player_uuid.yml.
If you're not up for that you might be able to do it with http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/denizen/
Take away all kit permissions, set kits to have no time delay on them.
create an npc that the players would need to see to get a kit from. He can run a command with op perms to give any kit to the player and also attach a date stamp so that he doesn't give one again until a certain period. You could place him in a blacksmith type place, he'd look awesome!
10/04/2014 3:01 am
ronski00
Hello. I'd just like to say thank you for such a well thought-out response and sorry about the delay in responding to this. You obviously put a lot of thought into it. I'm sure that this will be a great help. And also, I'd just like to say that I really the whole starwars based thing that you post of your server all the time! My server isn't starwars based, but it is space based and the stuff you post about it looks great!
09/30/2014 9:42 am
ronski00
bump
09/28/2014 11:56 pm
ronski00
Maybe there is a plugin that could be incorporated with essentials kits?
09/28/2014 5:48 pm
ronski00
Anyone else have a suggestion?
09/27/2014 7:57 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
AriusOfRome
If you use group manager I think you just add -essentials.kits.(kitname) or something of the sort, if not mangdelp essentials.kits.(kitname)
09/27/2014 8:45 pm
ronski00
I use Group Manager, but you're just telling me what permission node to put in the Group Manager file I think. I want to give users the option to choose between multiple kits, and they only get to use one or maybe two kits during a 24 hour period.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome