I quit playing Minecraft for good.

aghostess's Avatar aghostess11/10/16 6:23 am
1 emeralds 3.8k 35
12/12/2016 2:59 am
aghostess's Avatar aghostess
Okay Minecraft is a fantastic game and I am not going to say anything bad about the game at all.

But as for me I wish farewell to Minecraft as I am not going to play it anymore.
I Just thought I would let you all know I do not just want to produce or just create a world I want to be in a world and explore ..

Minecraft is a very complexed game and this is the reason why I quit playing Minecraft.

It's way too time consuming,meaning hours and hours of sitting on a chair this is one of the reasons why I stopped playing.

And the next reason is I am no longer interested in plain old creation .
Because I can play a game that has massive amounts of quests since minecraft has no quest system at all.

I got permenently bored of the game due to repetetiveness of just chipping away blocks and building.

I respect your opinions on this game I am not saying Minecraft is bad at all so please no negative comments it's how I feel after years and years of playing this game I have lost interest.

I wish you all the best on the planet Minecraft forum and please keep enjoying playing Minecraft
aghostess
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/12/2016 2:59 am
aghostess
I have made a world that I have been working on for a very long time.I am trying to put more time into it..

But This game Minecraft is so technical with exploration and construction.

I mean it never seems to end all the number of exploration you can do in Minecraft plus the construction!!

Your world just keeps on evolving and you can mold it and shape it how ever you want to be this is why I can't quit Minecraft .
12/10/2016 10:54 am
Level 1 : New Miner
AgentLinZ
I certainly support anyone's decision to quit or take a break from a game (or anything else for that matter). Real life is about finding what makes you happy. Minecraft if a tiny mirrored image of that - and I think thats why so many people love it. It's a second chance at doing something great, being someone else, and reaching people that your geographical location would otherwise block you off from.

If you're current state of MC playtime isnt giving you what you seek (and this goes for anyone, not just OP), you have 2 options.

1) Look for a better MC home
- there are some cool custom adventure style servers out there (but it can take some effort to find them)
- questing is actually a thing - legit, created, unique quests (many times they are the kind of servers I just named above) I know because im in the process of making quests myself. I LOVE questing and the tiny joy I feel when I complete a quest. I wanted to add that for players
- it think a lot of servers DONT do quests bc it can be veryyyyy time consuming. You cant just have 1 quest and claim "we have quests" lol

2) Move on to find something else that makes you happier
- Games are a great way to get away from all the drama llama irl and it's ones of the reasons I enjoy games personally - but it does seem that the larger, well known servers ignore this facet and let the same kind of chaos that ruins peoples daily lives, destroy their game play too - but there ARE servers out there that uphold fun, fair, safe gameplay - you just gotta seek them out
- Games are always "there" for times of boredom - it will be there for you whenever you wish to return. In the real world, other opportunities wont always be around for you.

Only the OP can know what will make him/her happiest. Whatever it is you're looking for, I hope you find it!
12/10/2016 7:54 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Engineer
frustrated engineer
i had the same issue i went off for awhile and then i got bored and looked up how to do redstone and taught myself the rest
12/10/2016 3:34 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
The timing of this post is kinda off tbh. The Exploration Update, an update focused on new adventures and things to explore came out recently.
12/10/2016 12:12 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Dragon
DragonPixels
aghostessOkay Minecraft is a fantastic game and I am not going to say anything bad about the game at all.

But as for me I wish farewell to Minecraft as I am not going to play it anymore.
I Just thought I would let you all know I do not just want to produce or just create a world I want to be in a world and explore ..

Minecraft is a very complexed game and this is the reason why I quit playing Minecraft.

It's way too time consuming,meaning hours and hours of sitting on a chair this is one of the reasons why I stopped playing.

And the next reason is I am no longer interested in plain old creation .
Because I can play a game that has massive amounts of quests since minecraft has no quest system at all.

I got permenently bored of the game due to repetetiveness of just chipping away blocks and building.

I respect your opinions on this game I am not saying Minecraft is bad at all so please no negative comments it's how I feel after years and years of playing this game I have lost interest.

I wish you all the best on the planet Minecraft forum and please keep enjoying playing Minecraft

I Understad this because ive played minecraft since 2009 and i keep playing it so yeah i understand you bro!
12/09/2016 11:59 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Riv6n
In the 4 years I've played, and the 3 years I've been staff on a few creative servers, I've seen this quite a bit. I'm even guilty of doing it because Minecraft can get boring at times (or frustrating if you have too much work on your hands as staff). But as OP said, it's hard to quit for good because there's always a lot of stuff to do.
12/09/2016 11:36 pm
Xtreme17
It is natural to lose interest in things. But minecraft will always be here for you when you decide to come back.
12/07/2016 4:34 pm
aghostess
Meanwhile after making this post I recently got back into minecraft.
No I could never quit the game too much stuff to do.
12/08/2016 10:59 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
inactiveaccount1
Problem resolved.
11/25/2016 9:26 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
simssuker
LOL.
The person who made this forum literally said he changed his mind, and people are STILL trying to 'convince' him.

I'm dying.
11/25/2016 8:10 pm
Level 29 : Expert Button Pusher
Vanguard Dawn
TomConnThat's completly fair

And if Vanilla is too boring, you can always play Modded Minecraft where you could make your own Quest's!

Custom NPCs is pretty good with that. Although I still haven't figured out how to work it yet, I'm a noob, and I should be able to learn. It seems simple enough.
11/25/2016 6:33 pm
aghostess
Latiodile
aghostessJust that I play a new game and it's the remastered edition of skyrim elderscrolls and I enjoy that game so much because of the many different quest lines.

aghostess

you are quitting minecraft because it's complex and time consuming? then you shouldn't play skyrim. skyrim is such a big game that you can easily dump thousands of hours into

skyrim is more then Just picking at blocks and placing blocks I know Minecraft gives you progress out of creation but that's the only thing I guess you can do in Minecraft as well as farm for mining materials.
I like Minecraft it's okay But skyrim is different everytime as well skyrim can also be repetetive as well. all games are like this.
I guess it's to evolve and mold your own world it's fun and the creation is worth it.
atleast Minecraft gives you different upgrades everytime and the longer you build the more your world is going to expand it's not just creation.

I was thinking about regaining my interest back into my artistic skills and Minecraft is Okay but some time in the future I really do not want to quit any game for good it's just other things I can do in all games I play. everything is repetetive all games are the same!you just have to find a way a positive way to enjoy certain games.

That's my point.
11/23/2016 9:53 am
Level 36 : Artisan Geek
Mooknkoyo
aghostessJust that I play a new game and it's the remastered edition of skyrim elderscrolls and I enjoy that game so much because of the many different quest lines.

Can I steal your Remastered Skyrim please and thanks?
11/23/2016 3:06 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Caveman
Hafuka
I don't quite understand this quest thing. For me every single step is a quest. Improving the -snip- I had made and had the nerve to call a shelter on my first night is a quest for me; building a mighty bridge across a huge river (and crafting the building blocks needed) is also a quest.
11/22/2016 3:39 pm
Level 42 : Master Zombie
EmpathyHeals
Well Minecraft does have quests if you make them. I run Quester plugin and it's got quite a lot of features. I do wonder how intricate/good it can get if I get some people who actively write quests for it - so far I just wrote some silly little quests. But the potential is there, you/people just have to be willing to invest the time in it.
11/22/2016 3:22 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
ArtifactHunter
I normally just play because it lets me help people and reach out to peers having problems in life - I'm kind of an online friend...someone *most* people can connect to. =D
11/22/2016 9:25 am
Moom
We all get bored, I did of servers I went on and unless I payed for VIP my builds got wiped, had no gear and was basically like playing Vanilla, so got fed up as could have played offline or realms...pfft

So instead we made our own server and configured plugins so that all members get perks, we never ask for donations and have no VIP ranks, so means new members and exisiting members are not bored and have plenty to do, without a cost. Only ingame time and ingame currency.

It is growing daily, been active for a month and we havegot a nice friendly community, who have a good laugh and help each other.

Maybe thats all you need, a new server with more stuff you like to do, without limitiations?

So I hope you do not quit, because Minecraft needs good members like you to keep
it alive!
11/25/2016 9:54 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
dinosaur202
IP please? XD
11/22/2016 8:13 am
Level 22 : Expert Skinner
xXSlayXx
Goodbye? I actually recommend leaving Minecraft if you get really bored and coming back to it later, really refreshes the old feel for me.
11/22/2016 7:29 am
Level 49 : Master Fox
LimeeFox
Well I agree. I keep trying to send suggestions about quest system but idk why, they just don't care. Me too I really want to quit minecraft but seeing all my friends needing me.... so yeah. Im still here kinda.
11/22/2016 4:44 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
aghostessNo , I do not think I can quit for good with this game. But I do need a long break from the game every now and again.

I took a break, 2 years long break. Trust me after you stop playing you wont have an interest in it any more to start playing it again, well at least I did not but its different from person to person.

Nowadays I just stick to PMC because it is only forums I use! Never was in a guild, clan or any kind of larger community that can replace PMC so I consider PMC my home for everything I need to ask and get answers even thou I am not playing minecraft any more.
11/22/2016 3:09 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Caveman
Hafuka
I am and will always be a Minecrafter. It's impossible to quit. I don't use any fancy resource packs, shaders, mods etc., just the pure game in single player, in which I have two worlds: one in Creative and one in Survival. My son often pays a visit via LAN; that's an awesome experience anfd fun! And since I discovered PMC, I've been checking some cool maps found here every now and then. My one and only "problem" with this game is that it consumes ALL my free time (and most of my work time LOL).
11/22/2016 2:56 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile

aghostess

you are quitting minecraft because it's complex and time consuming? then you shouldn't play skyrim. skyrim is such a big game that you can easily dump thousands of hours into
11/22/2016 2:54 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
I can see your point for quitting the game. I often cant stand playing single-player survival for the sheer repetition of it, so I usually go on servers or talk with friends while working on my builds.

The game isnt for everyone, not everyone enjoys sitting in a chair for hours on end doing the same tasks, and thats perfectly fine.

I wish best of luck to you in other pursuits you may choose to go after, and happy travels.

Ps. You may like Wildstar and Star Trek Online if you want quests and side quests, both are free to play and quite fun.
11/22/2016 2:37 am
aghostess
I had a bit of a thought about it on Minecraft and this is the truth.
The creativity in this game is enormous!! It's too huge and you know you are making progress in the game everytime you just watch your world grow and grow.

No , I do not think I can quit for good with this game. But I do need a long break from the game every now and again.

Minecraft is amazing because no game lets you progress the way you progress in Minecraft.

I am going to return and see what things I can build within the game and expand my idea's further.

No, I will never quit Minecraft. enough said....
11/10/2016 4:38 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
skygame12x
If you don't want to play minecraft that's your choice, but maybe after you've played a bunch of other games you might want to try to play minecraft again. It might not be as boring as it seems to you now.

But it's your choice
11/10/2016 4:38 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
You'll be back.
They always come back.
11/22/2016 10:19 am
Level 49 : Master Creeper Hugger
Cookiesz
He knows ^

Seriously though, what's the point of posting this? If you wanna leave, just leave. Good luck mate.
11/22/2016 10:27 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
How else would you get attention?
11/22/2016 10:37 am
Level 82 : Elite Batman
Exevium
Post duckface selfies on Instagram?
11/10/2016 4:23 pm
aghostess
Just that I play a new game and it's the remastered edition of skyrim elderscrolls and I enjoy that game so much because of the many different quest lines.

No, I will never put down any other game at all no matter what it is.
I enjoyed playing Minecraft but it's time for me to move on now ..it seems sad but my life goes on.

Thank you for your messages.
11/10/2016 9:35 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Batman
Malitha
DON"T QUIT, I almost quit too but i can't stop playin its try out Mini games in servers buddy it will help you watch youtubers that play that minigame xD
11/10/2016 3:00 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Alien
sixfootblue
Dude it's not like a serious situation if OP quits. If they want to come back they can always just redownload the client later. If a game's not fun for someone anymore, then they don't need to keep playing it.
11/10/2016 9:27 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
Narnian Dryad
I agree, I almost quit Minecraft for good myself, but then I found out about adventure maps and I found some really unique servers. Minecraft isn't meant to be played all day, that's a bit crazy. If you're bored, get on with your life, then a couple weeks/days later, if you can't find any good books, maybe hop onto minecraft or the internet and try to find some unique servers or maps to play! Minecraft is a good way to chill your nerves if you don't have any books to read. Did I mention I love reading?
11/10/2016 7:04 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
That's completly fair

Though have you ever considered downloading Adventure maps with Quests and all that? I know it's pretty time consuming, but Minecraft isn't just "Survival and that's it!" With the new updates you can do so much more.

And if Vanilla is too boring, you can always play Modded Minecraft where you could make your own Quest's!

I know this isn't going to bring you back, I just thought that I would suggest it for you :p
But good luck to you sir!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome