[Rare Maddness Network] [Independently Hosted] [24/7 Uptime]

BamBamAlicious's Avatar BamBamAlicious9/16/15 3:34 pm
11/6/2015 7:53 pm
BamBamAlicious's Avatar BamBamAlicious
Server IP - Copy to Minecraft Client to Play: 1.raremaddness.co.uk

Hello and thank you for looking at Rare Maddness!

We have been running Minecraft servers since 2011, when three of us started playing in Beta 1.6.6, and spent our first night crammed into a 2x1x1 hole.
Since then, we have spent a lot of time learning how to both play the game, and manage a server!
This is the second generation of the server, running on our own hardware, and using BungeeCord to provide as much content as you wish to play!
The benefit of our own hardware is that we have the maximal amount of uptime, with a rapid response time to any problems!

But enough babble, lets introduce you to our servers!

Rare Maddness - Lobby

The lobby server allows you passage to our other servers, without the inconvenience of logging in and out of Minecraft! This is the place where you first spawn, and a few tips and directions are posted around to help you get your bearings!

Rare Maddness 1

Rare Maddness 1 is our main server, currently this is where you spawn, within Spawn City.
There are noticeboards around to help guide you, otherwise this is a freebuild server!
Installed are Griefprevention, jobs, the market and WildernessTP should you want something other than the usual survival!

If you dn't want to build in the main world, or want somewhere safe to test your ideas. Plotme is accessible by simply using the command /plotme auto, where you can access your very own, 64x64 plot that YOU control.

The Skylands

Remember that Youtube series that projected HatFilms to fame? Remember their Filth Bridge? Well here is an opportunity for you to experience the same!
GriefPrevention is installed, but we will also be carrying out monthly resets on the server.
Keeping with the sky theme, Skyblock is installed on this server. Skyblocks are not subject to the resets, and are self service using the aSkyblock plugin, including challenges, a skyblock store and different island types each with their own challenges!

Survival Games

A battle royale for a minimum of 4 people in a randomly generated arena... with only one possible winner! Earn credits, become the king and lay waste to your friends in the Hunger Games server!

MobArena Server

Our newest server is the MobArena server. Currently serving a distinct Call of Duty zombies theme, three arenas are avaliable. Nacht der Untoten, Kino der Toten and for some Minecraft fights... a village themed assault.

A point to add, while we want everyone to have fun, there is a spat of people joining and asking for staff positions so to clarify, There are not, and will not be staff on this server. We've designed everything to be self service! Just remember! We're run by an adult team (21+) and only the owner position is shown in game due to required perms to run the network!

<phew> That's a lot... each server is very much it's own entity, so if you want to play survival... you can, Just want PVP? you can!

Suggestions are always welcome and I actively encourage their posting below!!

Finally, all that is left to say is thank you for reading this... and we hope to see you soon!
BamBamAlicious
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/06/2015 7:53 pm
BamBamAlicious
Constructive criticism there!

Just to set the record straight.... the total playtime of the person above was less that 60 seconds... oh and expected me to "Give them a server"
11/06/2015 7:41 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
JustaKid408609
Boring server. Do not join.
11/06/2015 6:55 pm
BamBamAlicious
I may have been quiet for a while... but I'm working on the MMO server and adding quests! A few simple quests are added and I would love for a few people to come and test these with me!
10/29/2015 3:39 pm
BamBamAlicious
Any question people would like to ask about the setup are welcome! Also I am happy to help where I can using the 4 years of experience I have gained!

However on a more serious note...
A lot of players are joining, and within 5 seconds asking for staff and/or builder. I want to clarify,

There are no Staff Ranks, or special ranks for builders on the Rare Maddness Network. Not now, not ever.

Rare Maddness exists to play some Minecraft!! That even goes for myself! Everything is self service and *should* be easy to find!

Thanking you!
10/29/2015 2:49 pm
BamBamAlicious
MMO server is now running smoothly!

As you explore, random broken structures with loot have a chance of spawning.

Furthermore, as part of the halloween event, survival players can earn a donator rank by building their scariest builds on the plotme world.

For others, witches huts have a high chance of spawning, containing some rare loot and goodies!
10/28/2015 1:19 pm
BamBamAlicious
It's HALLOWEEN!!

To celebrate the spooky time of year we are having a couple of events!!

Witches huts have a chance of spawning throughout the world for the next week. These are different from the usual and may have some goodies inside!!

Also there will be a halloween themed build competition on the plotme survival. Build your finest scary creation. Three donator packages will be given for first, second and third place!
10/22/2015 1:07 pm
BamBamAlicious
New Lobby went up today, much simpler and easy to navigate!!
10/12/2015 2:29 pm
BamBamAlicious
Nothing new to report this time... just a cheeky bump for the day!
10/08/2015 10:51 pm
BamBamAlicious
New rank rollout has worked well. All servers are synchronised nicely and updates are immediate network wide!

Now starting to add the network wide economy. All monies are based off main server and sync currently to Lobby, possibly mobarena. Skyblock / Skylands will remain their own entity to prevent game breaking in Skyblock!
10/04/2015 2:18 pm
BamBamAlicious
New ranks are implemented, including
All new [Player]
[Player+]
[Skilled_Player]

Each have their own new commands... but they are for you all to find out!
09/25/2015 1:08 pm
BamBamAlicious
Cheeky bump and a reminder that we are an ADULT run server, independently hosted, and up 24/7...

Also added some helpful holograms to the lobby!
09/24/2015 12:56 pm
BamBamAlicious
Only change today is PVP area in hub is now the Combat Zone, including mobarena and SG
09/23/2015 12:14 pm
BamBamAlicious
Oh yeah.... Balloons!! Because.... there doesn't need to be a because!
09/23/2015 6:27 am
BamBamAlicious
Updated OP with massive use of SEUS Shaders!
09/20/2015 7:17 pm
BamBamAlicious

Tonight brings some work on the Lobby server, as well as re-doing and moving Nacht der Untoten Mob Arena, to the mob arena server!
09/19/2015 2:30 pm
BamBamAlicious
All services back online after a power failure last night!
Hope to see you online later!
09/18/2015 5:12 pm
BamBamAlicious
I'm now on for the rest of the night until tomorrow morning for any questions or queries!

Hope to see any viewers online!
09/17/2015 11:14 pm
BamBamAlicious
Update for today, Have moved servers around our two machines to increase performance... and have seen lag almost completely drop away... world loading is incredibly fast!!

Suggestions always welcome!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome