My Refurbished Texture Pack is Borked in 1.11

Providence83's Avatar Providence8312/4/16 1:43 am
1 emeralds 193 1
12/4/2016 4:18 am
Tonybo's Avatar Tonybo
So, I've had a texture pack that I've been updating for myself after it's discontinuation from the original creator. I've never had a problem with minecraft being able to apply it, even when the pack was outdated/"incompatible," until 1.11.

The textures themselves are years old but when the new system for packs was implemented, I took the time to crop all textures out to their own files and replaced all the text files that tell which texture to go where in the game. Whilst being a cobbled together jerry-rig, it's always worked.

Doing the same thing isn't working this time though. I don't actually know what makes a texture pack compatible with a version or how minecraft actually determines how to apply textures to it. In past versions, I would just copy all the files from the current version of minecraft's assets, except for the textures themselves, and though it still said "incompatible" with the red background it at least still used the textures of the pack.

I don't know what to do, I do not want to waste years worth of work if it's something as simple as a single file ruining my life.
Providence83
Level 1 : New Crafter