Report button usable when banned

WTFshady's Avatar WTFshady12/19/14 12:13 pm
12/21/2014 9:11 pm
SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten
So yeah, I'm currently banned from PMC (bad Shady) and I think that this needs to be implemented, because some people still want to contribute to the site, even when banned (I'm one of them) by reporting submissions that break the rules.

Opinions/thoughts?

Don't forget to vote on the poll above.
WTFshady
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/21/2014 9:11 pm
Level 45 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
karrthus1you can login to the submissions section, you just cant create new/edit/post comments/rate

Oh, ok.. So submission bans work more accurately than forum bans. Neat.
12/21/2014 9:47 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
SilverKytten
WTFshady
SilverKyttenIf your account is banned, you can't log in, which means that the reports won't be linked to an account. This would mean that anyone, WITH or WITHOUT an account, would be able to report submissions.

Nope, you can log in (how am I still here even though there's one other week till my ban ends?).

By "can't log in" I mean to the submissions section...

you can login to the submissions section, you just cant create new/edit/post comments/rate
12/21/2014 9:38 am
SilverKytten
WTFshady
SilverKyttenIf your account is banned, you can't log in, which means that the reports won't be linked to an account. This would mean that anyone, WITH or WITHOUT an account, would be able to report submissions.

Nope, you can log in (how am I still here even though there's one other week till my ban ends?).

By "can't log in" I mean to the submissions section...
12/21/2014 3:12 am
WTFshady
SilverKytten
WTFshadyThere might also be a banning/warning for troll flagging.

If your account is banned, you can't log in, which means that the reports won't be linked to an account. This would mean that anyone, WITH or WITHOUT an account, would be able to report submissions.

SilverKytten
WTFshadyYes, most might go and troll flag (like what happened with the downvote button) but other people want to contribute.

When it comes to the internet, one bad apple DOES ruin the whole bunch. If something is likely to be abused, putting it into effect is the worst idea you can have.

Have to agree.
12/21/2014 2:53 am
SilverKytten
WTFshadyThere might also be a banning/warning for troll flagging.

If your account is banned, you can't log in, which means that the reports won't be linked to an account. This would mean that anyone, WITH or WITHOUT an account, would be able to report submissions.

WTFshadyYes, most might go and troll flag (like what happened with the downvote button) but other people want to contribute.

When it comes to the internet, one bad apple DOES ruin the whole bunch. If something is likely to be abused, putting it into effect is the worst idea you can have.
12/21/2014 2:29 am
WTFshady
Guys, don't start talking about my ban, that's not the important thing here.

As for the others, yes, you have a point, but most of the people that post here and get banned for spam/stealing and whatever leave or just rage (there are also other types of people). Yes, most might go and troll flag (like what happened with the downvote button) but other people want to contribute.

There might also be a banning/warning for troll flagging.
12/20/2014 2:49 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Al CatSplat
WTFshadySo yeah, I'm currently banned from PMC (bad Shady) and I think that this needs to be implemented, because some people still want to contribute to the site, even when banned (I'm one of them) by reporting submissions that break the rules.

Opinions/thoughts?

If your banned, how are you posting?
Or is it just a submission ban you got?

If it were a forum ban he would not be able to post on here. Most likely it is a submission ban.
12/20/2014 2:29 am
Level 41 : Master Pixel Puncher
AtomicCookies
Well it's your fault for getting banned in the first place.
12/20/2014 1:19 am
Level 20 : Expert Lumberjack
Al CatSplat
WTFshadySo yeah, I'm currently banned from PMC (bad Shady) and I think that this needs to be implemented, because some people still want to contribute to the site, even when banned (I'm one of them) by reporting submissions that break the rules.

Opinions/thoughts?

If your banned, how are you posting?
Or is it just a submission ban you got?
12/20/2014 1:15 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
They were banned for not knowing the rules enough to know that what they were doing wasn't allowed. Why should they be able to report when someone else breaks the rules that they apparently don't know enough about to keep themselves from getting banned?
12/19/2014 2:04 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Why would banned users report something? When I`m banned, I don`t visit PMC at all...
12/19/2014 1:41 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
You got to zoom out, a troll could spam the report on dozens of posts, hence more moderators working, hence more spam and junkmail, hence slower submission takeout, and moderators working overtime, with no way to stop the troll that's been banned.

No.
12/19/2014 12:32 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Floppypancake31
What above said - the person would only be banned if he/she didn't read the rules. Because of this, letting them report people to moderators for not knowing the rules could be a bad idea.
12/19/2014 12:17 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
some banned members might get mad, and go on a false reporting spree and mess up everything
12/20/2014 12:50 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
This is why this is in place. If you're banned, you're welcome to message a staff member with the report you want to file, but can't because of your ban.
12/19/2014 1:30 pm
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
Good point,has its pros and cons,but what it it went into a different inbox or where ever reports go?Like another section?
12/19/2014 1:35 pm
SilverKytten
It'd just be twice as much work for the moderators to have to sort through .. They already have more than enough work, as is.
12/19/2014 12:23 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Dolphin
Masq
Also they would probably just turn around and report every submission of the moderator that banned them. Plus, I think it's risky because in the majority of cases (dunno about yours...) people are banned because they don't know the rules so I wouldn't then let them report other users with the rules in mind.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome