Reporting Comments?

Reer123's Avatar Reer12312/21/14 7:11 pm
1 emeralds 236 5
12/22/2014 6:05 am
Ludicrous's Avatar Ludicrous
I just noticed while going through some comments on a submission that there doesn't seem to be a report button. I can remember before some disgusting comments [which were deleted] so it just baffles me that there is no report button.

If there is then sorry for this! I never saw it.
Reer123
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2014 5:51 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lava Rider
eagoy
Comments that needed to be moderated can be flagged. Although you have to flag the submission itself. Choose the option: Other and state which comment you mean. Even if those comments are deleted the moderators can view them. And decide what to do with the report.
12/22/2014 12:07 am
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
Well I myself have contemplate the idea of having a report button on comments but currently the site moderators and above do have a lot to do. There's green lighting things, doing regular reports and all the stuff inbetween(just giving room if I missed any events) so adding reports to comments may just be too much.

Also, sometimes comments can be misread and so on but this being said, if you do see a comment that's just outright advertising, or just an act of malicious talk, you should probably PM a moderator about it, because to my knowledge they can edit comments. Although, I am not 100% certain this is the best way to go about it, it's something I'd see as logical, so that's just my 2 cents.
12/21/2014 8:13 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Maybe it is done on purpose so that the moderators do not have to deal with that stuff on top of all the stolen content (which I imagine takes up a lot of their time).

I think that the idea is for people to police the comments on their own projects and delete things that are not considered helpful or good. If a comment goes to far or someone continues to repost offensive messages then a moderator should be informed.

That is just my opinion, not what is stated in the rules! I am not saying to Minimod (before I end up getting banned)
12/22/2014 6:05 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
This pretty much sums it up.

tl;dr

Delete the comments, and block the person from ever commenting again (If you wanted).
If they somehow manage to by-pass that and continue harassing you, thats when you contact a moderator.
12/21/2014 7:34 pm
Level 25 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
This has been something that I questioned as well. It would be easier than contacting a Moderator.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome