Research the Pack Before You Download.

kattopatto's Avatar kattopatto8/2/16 6:32 pm
1 emeralds 546 2
9/28/2016 8:53 pm
LunaNik's Avatar LunaNik
So, I was browsing the texture packs as I obsessively do, and stumbled across a super suspicious pack. Instantly recognising it as having stolen textures, I tried to communicate with the uploader to civilly fix the issue. I was blocked, so I flagged it. When I went to click the flag button, I saw that the pack had thousands of downloads. Thousands of people who looked at the pack and didn't bat an eye at the discordant and familiar textures. This is a PSA to always do research on a pack you're not familiar with! It makes the lives of artists and creators a zillion times easier when they don't need to scour the web by themselves trying to take down stolen and uncredited work. That happened to my own pack (Coming soon to PMC!), and it was a nightmare trying to get in contact with the user.

Also, if you're trying to get away with passing off another's work as your own, know that they spent a lot of time and energy making each individual block. They created a piece of art, and you took it and said it was yours. That's thievery. All I ever ask is for credit where credit is due, for any and all artists.
kattopatto
Level 41 : Master Fish