Retro games lets play?

Neptune_Sage's Avatar Neptune_Sage2/23/15 12:09 pm
2/27/2015 9:41 am
antares330's Avatar antares330
So I want to start a new lets play on youtube in which I well play old(er) games I playd as when I was younger and well thats it, so I wanted to ask how many people would be interested in this and if its a good idea to bring back old (but gold) games or not? Thanks for any feedback!
Neptune_Sage
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/27/2015 9:41 am
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
antares330
To be honest I never got to play console games... (or very rarely) like
Megaman
Mario
Zelda
Donkey Kong
I have since tried a lot of the old games and LOVE THEM!

I would totally recommend recording old school games... give viewers the things they remember as a kid! even if you haven't played it when you were young...

what are a few of the titles you were thinking about recording?
~Ant
02/27/2015 8:08 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sailor
Captain_NA
Hmmm, now have you also posted a quote with out any new messages, lets just stop using it XD it seems really buggy.
02/26/2015 4:32 pm
Captain_NA
if we can mix it with retro computers will it be freaking nice, i have ben collecting old hardware for 10 years now. and have a lot of old highend stuff. i can build a highend pc for each year from 1985 to 2015

Have to say that i also have a powerpc. (not just a silly gaming pc XD)

I'm 100% on playing some "JP trespasser" or "quake ii" and "half life 1" they are all the most great grames from 1998. 1998 = the year of all great games

Would be nice to use a modern computer to record the video signal from some a old retro gaming rigs.
02/26/2015 4:59 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Dat Crazy Gamer Guy
Oh boy, this guy there is always one
02/26/2015 5:01 pm
Captain_NA
What do you mean?
here is my PC btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKzMNyiHgC4

Atm does it only have 32gigs of ram, but i'll upgrade to 64 or 128 as soom as JR starts converting SRTM data for isla sorna, its possible to run with 128Gb on the ASUS x79 DELUXE cuz of the new firmware.

Was BTW to a LAn party few days ago, the guy who set next to me had a facebook page, and his fans forced him to shoot a video of my setup. 8cuz he had by a mistake my setup in a corner of a picture he uploaded on his page. Here is the video he uploaded of my setup:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=38 ... tif_t=like
Also as you can see o nthe facebook video am i a bit of a retro gamer XD he he

But if we are doing retro gaming, will it be crazy to run it on this PC, it needs to be a computer from the same age as the game. or else isnt it fun. I even have a commandore 64 and a videopac computer if needed XD

(i hope i can get life in the commendore again, last time i had it on was it dead, but i hope i can fix it)
02/26/2015 3:01 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
02/24/2015 3:43 am
Neptune_Sage
Bump, so any opinions of this idea and would you watch it or no?
02/23/2015 12:38 pm
Dat Crazy Gamer Guy
Sounds good, thinking of doing it myself.
however, record several gameplays first, bugs like to ruin a games presentation.

for example, a li'l buggy but a great game by Elixir studios in 2004 was Evil Genius.
so if you ever do it, there is one suggestion.
(You can pick it up from GOG or steam with a bug patch released by rebellion, the new copywrong holders of evil genius...)

If you have NVidia GeForce Experience, use the built in Shadowplay recorder, it's very reliable, plus you can add a camera, and it'll auto detect and switch to fullscreen applications (Unlike fraps)

Also, if you want to review old console games, emulators are fine.
02/23/2015 4:46 pm
Neptune_Sage
Well I would like to do lets plays on all kind of older games, now I am worried it may not go so well but who knows, anyways I use bandicam for recording so I think I am fine about that part and about conosole games, well I never really got to play any console games as kid because well I never had any console other than my old dads pc he didnt need any more with 7000+ viruses. Now I have a new laptop capable of recording games on moderate setings so Im fine!
02/26/2015 2:45 pm
Dat Crazy Gamer Guy
I have a high-end gaming rig capable of playing the latest games in full 1080p max settings & shaders, despite being bottlenecked severely by my pentium CPU, if you ever need a second person uploading, feel free to drop me a message, despite the fact that you won't .-.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome