Save the endangered 9-year-old minecraft players!

susanmuse's Avatar susanmuse8/29/16 10:05 pm
1 emeralds 4.2k 109
10/17/2016 3:05 pm
JozyP's Avatar JozyP
Some players say stuff in chat like "minecraft was sooooo cool before the 9-year-olds took over!" It is annoying. What did 9 year olds ever do? sure, sometimes they say stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid stuff, but do they really deserve this? You probably think im just another 9 year old defending my self, and i kind of am, but they didn't change anything! Seriously, how much teens and adults over-react is just sometimes i feel like they are just saying that because they are just bored! i know we are usually like this: "Derp derp how do you craft a pickaxe what do you do with a pickaxe how do you break blocks can i have free diamondz plz " or like this: "Hey minecraft is soooooooooooo cool i love it it is seriously the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" so you are like but it is annoying because there ARE good ones... sadly my sister DoraMuse isn't one of them, she is a little kid and she is like both of the examples but anyways, there are good ones! Don't assume all 9 year olds are stupid just cause some are!
susanmuse
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/17/2016 2:50 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
10/17/2016 3:05 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
I am necro-posting by reprimanding a necro-poster.
Pretty cool, huh?
10/13/2016 7:03 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
FailHCF
Nothing is wrong with 9 year olds, other than a lot of them make a bad name for their species by being toxic & play on mature player base communities, people get annoyed by this.
10/13/2016 6:20 pm
Level 45 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Don't take it too personally, guys, it's society's design to keep the generations fighting against each other so that they don't realize the REALLY awful crap happening around them.

Be grateful you're in one of the first few generations that have started to really understand that "respect your elders" is an archaic mantra created to make people follow those who are in positions of power.

Eventually this generation war will fade off, even if it's long after you, or your children, or your children's children are gone .. Just keep powering through it.
10/11/2016 1:27 am
Level 48 : Master Blob
ABigFatTomato
The problem is people of all ages. The reason 9 year olds get blamed, is because they typically don't have the best judgement, grammar skills, minds, and they sometimes spam in chat and act annoying. So they're just a stereotype, much like how 12 year olds are discriminated against on platforms such as youtube.
09/03/2016 9:31 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Josephpica

What makes you think they're 9 year olds?

1: They have extremly bad spelling, and unless every person abouve 13 years old haven't yet learned how to spell, than I don't know what else to assume than them being under 13.

2: Some of the kids I've met, Litreally had their real name as their IGN, and I know you could just say: "You do this too, I know you're real name is Thomas Conn Bjørk by googling your IGN!". But what I mean by poiting this out is: I googled their username, found their Facebook and most of the once I've found was between 8 and 14 years old. Only once have I found a player who was 16 and used his real name as his IGN.

3: I sometimes speak with them, and just by hearing their voice you can hear that they're clearly not abouve the age of 13. Usually it's when there's an RPG going on, then everyone on the plot has to be in the same Skype call.

4: Their usernames has their birthyear in them. Again you could just say: "But it could be their brother's birthyear. It could be anyones birthyear." And you're correct. But this one is as easy as asking them: "Hey Player2006, are you 10?". Most of the time they reply with a "yes im 10", "no" or "no im 11/9".
09/02/2016 3:01 pm
JozyP
Thomas999
Josephpica
Thomas999
3 Reasons why older players don't like kids.
1: They have a habbit of mis-using power.
Ever noticed how some of these kids have a short temper, or can't seem to figure out that you're not supposed to ban a guy because he greifed your home? This is the reason most servers say that to become Mod or Admin you have to be over 13/15 years old.

2: Bad spelling, RPG, and shouting.
I'm pretty sure you've noticed when joining a huge Creative server with over 100 players that when one of the kids get bored, some of them decide: "Why not greif and ruin the fun for the kids who actually play the game?". Along with that comes bad spelling and mis-using the /Shout (Message) command some Creative servers have.

3: Their will-power to play.
While there's more pro's than con's to this one, I will mention it anyways.
Kids (especially from the age 7-13) play Minecraft more than ANY other age group. They keep servers running with their moms credit cards, and that's good. You keep Minecraft alive.
The main problem with the will-power of a 9-12 year old is this: They don't always know when to STOP.

Before you decide to hate on my comment, don't be stupid and consider this:

7-13 year olds is the most common player age in Minecraft, and because people don't always give out their age, we; who are over the age of 13, use the availability heuristic. I'll let Wikipedia explain that one for you,
now think:
How many time have you heard a story about a 16 year old doing something stupid

It's all over the news...
Also, I've seen more 16 year olds follow the guidelines in your spoiler then I have seen 9 year olds act that way.

Different Opinions, and different experiences.
(My experience is this: I mostly play on huge Danish Creative servers, and in short: Kids on some of these servers do what I mentioned in the spoiler all the time.)

I'm sure you've had a different experience when you play

What makes you think they're 9 year olds?
09/02/2016 2:42 pm
Stubbs1
Josephpica
Thomas999
Ever noticed how some of these kids have a short temper, or can't seem to figure out that you're not supposed to ban a guy because he greifed your home? This is the reason most servers say that to become Mod or Admin you have to be over 13/15 years old.

I'm pretty sure you've noticed when joining a huge Creative server with over 100 players that when one of the kids get bored, some of them decide: "Why not greif and ruin the fun for the kids who actually play the game?". Along with that comes bad spelling and mis-using the /Shout (Message) command some Creative servers have.

Kids (especially from the age 7-13) play Minecraft more than ANY other age group. They keep servers running with their moms credit cards, and that's good. You keep Minecraft alive.
The main problem with the will-power of a 9-12 year old is this: They don't always know when to STOP.

7-13 year olds is the most common player age in Minecraft, and because people don't always give out their age, we; who are over the age of 13, use the availability heuristic. I'll let Wikipedia explain that one for you,
now think:

Also, I've seen more 16 year olds follow the guidelines in your spoiler then I have seen 9 year olds act that way.

Different Opinions, and different experiences.
(My experience is this: I mostly play on huge Danish Creative servers, and in short: Kids on some of these servers do what I mentioned in the spoiler all the time.)

I'm sure you've had a different experience when you play
09/02/2016 10:08 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
VexusPMC
I'm fine with 9 year olds until they become toxic or abusive, or are, in general, a pain in da butt.
09/01/2016 7:55 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I think what everyone should remember here is that the reason there are annoying players is because of maturity, not age, i know a guy who had to ban a 22 year old from his server for inmaturity, so why blame the 9 year olds when it could be any age
09/02/2016 12:37 am
JozyP
^
09/02/2016 9:19 am
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
^^
09/01/2016 7:49 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
i think the main reason is because while all 9 year olds are not the same a lot of them are inmature and cringey mc fanboys, and because of that the ones who are normal 9 year olds get labeled as rat kids, and i think a good bit of the younger players did change the community a whole lot, and quite a few of the worst ones ruin the whole community's image, which i guess why they hate the 9 year olds
09/01/2016 5:31 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Architect
WizAndre1
I'm 13 year old, 14 in January. I agree with what you have said, I remember ready a post on the website about 12 year old, it's quite rude where people can be so judgemental!

So what if someone is 9 year old or 12 year old, to be honest some people who play Minecraft and they're like 20 years or older but everyone started somewhere.

Age is the number of years you've been born, age does not give you maturity level it's whether you choose to be mature or just be rude.

That's all I have to say. Ta
08/31/2016 3:35 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
GabrielleCraftPeoplee can act how they want.

Not quite. But I get your point.
08/31/2016 10:32 am
Level 38 : Artisan Dragon
rosedragon
Little kids could be annoying on the amount of chat, questions, and silly stuffs, but I found that the most destructive and immature people including in minecraft are...

Guess what...

Adults.

When kids troll and being naughty, you can address them quickly.
When adult troll and being naughty, they can use all kind of loopholes and debate techniques to argue that you are the wrong one.
08/31/2016 3:36 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
^^^
08/31/2016 6:46 pm
JozyP
^^^
09/01/2016 1:51 pm
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
I agree.
08/31/2016 9:59 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Goblin
ToadieOdie
Okay.... you know you've hit old age when you have to look up what "KYS" means. That's truly depressing all around - both the realization, yet again, of the generation gap and what the acronym means.

ChronRemember, you were 9 once, too, and I bet one of the reasons that this is such a large issue is that you wish you had been treated better when you were that age. So why not stop the cycle, and give this next generation what you wanted?

Seriously on behalf of the memory my own childhood and my children now, you deserve a medal and a great big hug. Your entire comment was well thought but this piece here is a true gem and it was worth reading through the thread to find it.

It really echoes the nonsense the Gen-X'ers and the Millennials are dealing with concerning the Baby Boomers right now. So it isn't just about games. It's about a perspective of time. The more time you have under your belt, the more it changes the way you perceive the world around you - for better or worse.

Now think about that for a moment and allow this "old toad" to get philosophical, because I'm weird, and old, and I like to do that. Think about the amount of time you have spent here in this life. The good times. The bad times. How it's all played a part in who you are. How you see the world. How you see yourself.

Now the tendency is, the more time you have under your belt in life the greater your sense of entitlement becomes. You start saying things like, "I'm more mature than you." and "I'm older than you." and so on. As we gain this, we start to feel that it grants us a certain sort of authority. I'm not questioning that. I'm not challenging that. What I am going to question and challenge is the one thing we all often forget:

The more time you have under your belt, the more it changes the way you perceive the world around you - for better or worse.

Don't you think we all have a responsibility to those that have less time under their belts than our own to be a positive influence towards changing their perceptions in a better way? Once again I'll ask you to think about that. Once again I will ask you to think about the amount of time you have spent here in this life. The good times. The bad times. How it's all played a part in who you are. How you see the world. How you see yourself. But this time I will ask you to also ask yourself if there are things that you wish could have been different. Have there been times in your life that others could have treated you better?

Yes I know! We are talking about "just a game" here, not real life right? But it is a game where people socially interact and all social interactions are real life. 24/7 There is no way to avoid it unless you choose to live under a rock away from other people. Can't be done.

So you have a choice. You can say, "I am mature, I am older, and thus entitled to be here!" and then try to act out of compassion, empathy, and kindness towards others - especially those with the less time in life than you. You can also say all that and abuse that position. Or you can turn a blind eye. The choice is yours, but just know that your social interactions of today play a role in the shaping of society tomorrow.

The Baby Boomers bemoan the fate of today, but they have only themselves to blame: they raised us. They taught us how to be who we are. They shaped our perceptions. The choices we make today are based upon those perceptions. How you treat those younger than you now will have an accumulative affect on who they become as adults. What kind of impact are you willing to have on them?

So how does this have anything to do with playing on a Minecraft server? Take the time to befriend your player base. Get to know them. Teach them how to play. Be that positive influence and it will make the community richer and stronger. If you are willing to do that you will end up with a loyal player network that will grow with you. Not only is it socially responsible, it's just good business.
08/31/2016 9:22 am
Monotone
*ahem* I'm just gonna point out here that we have no control over how people act online. However if you're on a big server like Mineplex they DO have ways to block them. If you don't want to hear or see them, just do /ignore when they start being annoying and move on. This entire thread is pretty pointless.
08/31/2016 7:13 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Zombie
HarveyGore
Better 9 year olds then 4 year olds.
08/31/2016 6:24 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
CoDoMoBoRoFoPoSoLoKo
tbh it's not completely the kids' fault if they're being really immature and crazy, they have to learn it all somewhere and with technology being shoved down everyone's throat, there's really no escaping the internet and all of it's insanity
08/31/2016 6:58 am
striker107
Actually, it's quite easy to just read a book. (for me)
08/31/2016 5:48 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Oh no! Someone disagreed with me! I'd better put them and everyone else in their age range down with clever statements pointing out their bad use of grammar and by claiming the game was specifically made for people my age.
striker107
Exactly! Some people thought I was 21 because of the way that I spoke in chat.

Someone thought I was twelve because in chat I speak in complete lowercase and without punctuation. "But typing properly is too much effort..." my fingers whine in response.
TheKingOfArkelI think you're sort of right, some of these 9-year olds as you call them are extremely immature, but some are extremely mature, this is also the case with 12-year olds, as most people think 9 year olds, or 12 year olds are extremely immature, this is why I never tell my age, as I'm 12 myself, sometimes when I tell my age people are like: OMG! You're 12! You're stupid and immature!!! But in reality i'm more mature than some people that are 16 (I'm not insulting 16-year olds, as some are even more mature, but some aren't).

Oh, hello. Where have you been?
08/31/2016 1:17 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Rankthirty
Lol
08/31/2016 12:09 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Rankthirty
Lol
08/31/2016 12:28 am
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
ChickenMac7
A very worthy addition to the topic, thank you for enlightening me.
08/30/2016 11:32 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
lol can't people just enjoy a videogame, regardless on what types of people play it?

Seriously, I'm surprised there is even 7 pages about this...
08/30/2016 11:26 pm
GabrielleCraft
I wonder why a lot of adults and teenagers thing kids games are made specifically for them...
08/30/2016 7:34 pm
JozyP
^ ^ ^
Soooooo true, litterally first random person I've ever seen say that.
08/30/2016 7:24 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Xevion
Z3R0Games
RIPHarambe
striker107I started this game when I was only 7 and I had memorized most of the wiki, now I'm almost 15 so the saying "minecraft was ruined when 9-year-olds joined" is completely false. Because I was two years younger than that when I JOINED.

Kinda confused how you've been playing minecraft for 8 years if it came out 5 years ago???

The first version of minecraft came out in 2009. 1.0 comes out in 2011.

Also I don't have a problem with 9-year-olds playing Minecraft. They are usually the more mature ones too

"usually the more mature ones too"

I wonder if you know what "mature" means?
If you mean how many times they curse in a day, the, of course those children will be significantly lower, if even once.
However, if you mean intelligence, integrity and all the good stuff that actually matters in life, we dominate easily.
08/30/2016 7:20 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
You have to remember that this game was intended to be enjoyed by people of all ages. That is why Minecraft has a simplistic design, so that it may appeal to others despite their age. Saying that Minecraft got worse when all these 9-year-olds showed up is like saying that My Little Pony was ruined because a lot of little girls watch it. It's stupid and highly ignorant.

My brother and I started playing Minecraft when he was only seven, and I never hated it. He's actually a combat master thanks to 1.9, and he often beats me. He's a sweet kid too, always being a good sport and helping out players who are new to the game. Not once did he yell out and accuse others of cheating. He just played Minecraft happily, as we all should.

Yes, you will occasionally run into a squeaker, but there's always a solution to deal with them. Ignoring them is one of the best options, as you can't take what they say seriously. But most of the time, these kids are just wanting to have fun, so let them have it. Also the maturity of some of these younger players is astounding, so much so that they have become great leaders in the community.

Also, my strongest argument has to be that we were all nine at one point in ours lives. And I'm pretty sure we were just as naive and goofy as some of these young players. So next time you try and talk down to a young player, I want you to remember that you were in their shoes once, still trying to make sense of it all. And who knows? Maybe they'll be as just as good, or even better, player than you.
08/30/2016 7:19 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Xevion

Your argument is invalid.
08/30/2016 7:38 pm
JozyP
Lol agreed, but I kinda get the point.
08/30/2016 6:44 pm
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
I started playing Minecraft by the age of 9 and I sure did say some stupid stuff but I was p mature. Yeah, sure some 9 year olds are pretty dumb *Looks at my 9-year-old lil bro* but they need fun too. You guys should make sure 5-9 year olds not say "kys" or any other stuff that means a bad thing. You should still watch over them.

You're older, not younger, so stop acting like you're the boss. Sometimes children need fun, and so do you. And sure, things do get annoying, but is it their fault? No. They lack knowledge, so why do you not give them the knowledge? And yet, we don't. Sometimes you have to think with your own brain that these children are just starting to count, just starting to learn. Some 9-year-olds are mature, some are not. But sometimes, we all deserve the same thing that kept us happy: Fun.

If you teenagers and adults want to hog Minecraft for your own happiness, I'd rather let them have the fun they deserved. Not all 9-year-olds are annoying, so why can't you just let them have what they want?

I know you might be hating my point of view right now, but please, I beg you, I'm not hating on you guys, I'm just saying that sometimes you have to think before assuming.

No, I'm not defending them, I'm just giving you my point of view.
08/30/2016 5:56 pm
striker107
JosephpicaPeople all ages go power hungry. That's why there are dictators.

Yes, I agree.
08/30/2016 5:52 pm
JozyP
PrisonNightmare7119
susanmuseSome players say stuff in chat like "minecraft was sooooo cool before the 9-year-olds took over!" It is annoying. What did 9 year olds ever do? sure, sometimes they say stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid stuff, but do they really deserve this? You probably think im just another 9 year old defending my self, and i kind of am, but they didn't change anything! Seriously, how much teens and adults over-react is just sometimes i feel like they are just saying that because they are just bored! i know we are usually like this: "Derp derp how do you craft a pickaxe what do you do with a pickaxe how do you break blocks can i have free diamondz plz " or like this: "Hey minecraft is soooooooooooo cool i love it it is seriously the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" so you are like but it is annoying because there ARE good ones... sadly my sister DoraMuse isn't one of them, she is a little kid and she is like both of the examples but anyways, there are good ones! Don't assume all 9 year olds are stupid just cause some are!

its the fact that some 9 year olds get greedy themselves. Especially if they get staff on a server they go AWOL easily, its not all 9 year old, but most.

I have only met one cool 6-9 year old kid, and it wasnt even on Minecraft...

People all ages go power hungry. That's why there are dictators.
08/30/2016 5:49 pm
Monotone
SKYWARS_ASSASSIN:D
RIPHarambe
striker107I started this game when I was only 7 and I had memorized most of the wiki, now I'm almost 15 so the saying "minecraft was ruined when 9 year olds joined" is completely false. Because I was two years younger than that when I JOINED.

Kinda confused how you've been playing minecraft for 8 years if it came out 5 years ago???

Minecraft has been around since 2009.
08/30/2016 5:46 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
iBatL - Youtuber
RIPHarambe
striker107I started this game when I was only 7 and I had memorized most of the wiki, now I'm almost 15 so the saying "minecraft was ruined when 9 year olds joined" is completely false. Because I was two years younger than that when I JOINED.

08/30/2016 5:38 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Toast
gothical
Uh..
I'm 9..

x3
08/30/2016 5:21 pm
Monotone
It started as a thread about how preteens are stereotyped and now it's preteens complaining about teenagers/young adults.

Ok
08/30/2016 5:21 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
PunkamoarIf you are nine years old and don't want to be treated like an immature kid, perhaps acting mature is the best way to go.

THIS.

I had a kid on my server once who we all thought was about 16-17. He even wrote a lot of our lore. Turns out, he was 11.

If you don't want to be treated like an immature kid, don't tell them your age, and act mature. It's as easy as that
08/30/2016 1:15 pm
GabrielleCraft
You're right Chron.

The higher age you are the more mature you're EXPECTED to be. It doesn't exactly mean that everyone at a higher age will be mature. I mean, look around. You can see people in their 70s asking out teenagers sometimes. Being 9 doesn't mean you're a noob or you're immature. Being below 13 doesn't mean you're a noob or immature. I'm actually very mature and can be much more mature than my friends who are OLDER than me. I've heard of 10 year olds go to college while some 30 year olds are still in high school. I'd be disappointed if I saw a 30 year old bullying players and calling everyone noobs. I'd be disappointed if I saw a 9 year old doing the same thing. Back then in 2012, half of the players could've been 9 yet everyone wants to blame 12 and under kids for being immature. Any age can be immature and just because someone's younger doesn't mean they'll be less mature. The older you are the more mature you're SUPPOSED to be, not the more mature you are.
08/30/2016 1:27 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
ChronHowever, the ratio of mature circumstances to immature circumstances, hypothetically, changes over time as you grow older and learn from your successes or mistakes.

I know it's not hard and fast. And also, I noticed you said that you believe you're mature. See, I don't think that's something that we can qualify for ourselves, since we're always going to be biased towards ourselves in one way or another. Rather, all we can do is measure our potential to make mature decisions based on what kind of decisions we make. In other words, you can't say "I'm mature", rather it's "Depending on the influences in this situation, I am most likely to make the choice that has the most integrity out of my possible options, but it heavily depends on outer circumstances that I may or may not have control over". Basically, to say you're mature is unreliable, as it's generally regarded as a hard and fast statement, in the same way that you glanced over the word hypothetically in my post.

But yeah, it's not a huge deal. Do you not like the way someone acts? Ignore them, or talk to them. Complaining or retaliating prevents you from being the bigger person.
08/30/2016 1:11 pm
Level 27 : Expert Button Pusher
TheKingOfArkel
I think you're sort of right, some of these 9-year olds as you call them are extremely immature, but some are extremely mature, this is also the case with 12-year olds, as most people think 9 year olds, or 12 year olds are extremely immature, this is why I never tell my age, as I'm 12 myself, sometimes when I tell my age people are like: OMG! You're 12! You're stupid and immature!!! But in reality i'm more mature than some people that are 16 (I'm not insulting 16-year olds, as some are even more mature, but some aren't).
08/30/2016 1:01 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Maturity is, at least according to my experiences, the most variable and subjective element of the human psyche.

I've said it on other threads, and I'll say it again. Age doesn't equal maturity, but instead age equals the potential you have to be mature. The older you are, the more experiences you've had, the more decisions you've made, the more you've lived life. Therefore, you have more potential to make decisions and execute actions that lead to becoming a more mature person, such as making good choices with who you hang around and what activities you participate in.

Basically, a 9-year-old can, when surrounded with the proper people in the proper setting, with the proper emotional status at that time, can be mature.

And a 42-year-old can be an idiot at one point in time, based on their environment and choices.

However, the ratio of mature circumstances to immature circumstances, hypothetically, changes over time as you grow older and learn from your successes or mistakes. The 9-year-old is likely to not be "mature" very often, where the 42-year-old is expected to make level-headed decisions most of the time.

So what am I trying to say? Don't judge entire individuals or demographics based on the handful of environments you encounter them in. The circumstances that produce maturity are different for every single individual, and you can't force them to all be the same through your narrow lens.

And finally, something I noticed earlier in the thread: Stop pointing out grammatical mistakes and de-valuing someone's argument because of that, unless the incorrect word changes the meaning of the statement. If you're having to resort to petty arguments like that, you don't belong in the debate. Same goes for personal attacks.

Edit: Do you want a reliable method of increasing your maturity and potentially theirs? Talk to them at their level, get to know them as a person (don't ask for personal info, you know what I mean), and be-friend them. You might be able to understand why they are the way they are, and they might be a little more respectful of your wishes, if it's your server or whatever. I know it's easy to rant and ban and be sarcastic, but just try being the bigger person. And don't write off the method after one failure, it's going to take time. Remember, you were 9 once, too, and I bet one of the reasons that this is such a large issue is that you wish you had been treated better when you were that age. So why not stop the cycle, and give this next generation what you wanted?
08/30/2016 12:46 pm
JozyP
Thomas999

now think:

08/30/2016 12:39 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Why are you arguing against it. It is true though. Squeekers are never fun to deal with.
08/30/2016 12:29 pm
Stubbs1
You really want to know why people keep using 9 and 12 year olds as an example of a bad player to Minecraft? Alright. I'll do my best.

(Before I start let me just point out that this is not ALL 9 and 12 year olds. I'm just giving examples of why a lot of older players say this stuff)

now think:
How many time have you heard a story about a 16 year old doing something stupid in Minecraft? 3-5 times? maybe 10 even?

Now compare that to how many times you've heard about a "kid" or 9-12 year old doing something stupid. In my head I remember 17 different situations where the player was 9-12 years old, or didn't give out their age.

I hope that explains a bit.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome