A Sci-Fi Con held in Minecraft - Good Idea or Not?

xXSlayXx's Avatar xXSlayXx12/16/16 1:41 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 27
4/26/2017 10:20 pm
xXSlayXx's Avatar xXSlayXx
Alright I have this semi-crazy idea, and need some opinions on what people think.
Is a science fiction convention held inside the game itself, a good idea or a bad one?

I'm a big fan of real life conventions and the feel they give off, and I'm wondering if it is possible to re-create that in Minecraft, and if so, would others enjoy it? Tell me any tips, suggestions, and remarks for the idea.
xXSlayXx
Level 22 : Expert Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/26/2017 10:20 pm
xXSlayXx
Sorry for inactivity.

Avrona, you've got the tight stuff, and I like your previous suggestion a lot. If I get one started I'll be sure to notify you.
12/25/2016 9:21 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
"i don't see the point of it.
if a minecon server was a thing i'd rather it be official"

But the chances of there being a official one are really slim, so this would be better than nothing.
12/24/2016 4:40 am
Level 42 : Master Architect
Craft
Seems Like a strange idea,

as one of the higher ups said:
"i don't see the point of it.
if a minecon server was a thing i'd rather it be official"

Besides that this could cause confusion with other events and cons tbh...
12/23/2016 6:14 am
Level 44 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
Reserved for post updates.
12/23/2016 4:33 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Maybe instead of sci-fi, a minecraft convention would be awesome. You could maybe somehow invite people like devs from mineplex or hypixel to do panels on something. You could have stalls giving away awsome one command creation items to play around with. You could have horse racing, elytra racing, etc.
12/23/2016 4:16 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
Yeaaahhhhhh, ConCraft and CraftCon arent really good names . . .
Maybe people could buy a ticket for the gullibility seminar, would probably leave them speechless.
12/22/2016 9:31 pm
xXSlayXx
CraftCon has been selected.

I've never done this before, but I assume this is the right time to

BUMP

Right?
12/23/2016 2:47 am
Level 21 : Expert Skinner
A_Lass_in_Sane
are you starting this as a server now, then?
12/21/2016 9:53 pm
xXSlayXx
Alright, a friend irl thought ConCraft was better, which is why I was gonna use it, but I'm beginning to like CraftCon a bit more. Also, great idea!

Anyone have more to add? We need ideas.
12/21/2016 6:00 pm
Level 21 : Expert Skinner
A_Lass_in_Sane
I'd like this.

A Sci-Fi Through The Ages exhibit would be cool - like several different statues of icons in different time periods

also CraftCon is better than ConCraft as the con being at the end immediately registers in the mind as standing for convention, whereas con at the beginning sounds like a random part of a random server name
12/21/2016 5:19 pm
xXSlayXx
Alright, I'll think about which one for a while, I'm a bit torn between them myself.

Any suggestions?
12/21/2016 4:12 pm
xXSlayXx
Hahaha I have settled on Con-Craft instead, unless anyone is opposed.
Anyone have any more suggestions or support to post?
12/21/2016 4:59 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Dunno, Con-Craft sounds like just another factions server from somewhere. I'd prefer CraftCon, but it's really up to you.
12/21/2016 9:04 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
That sounds cool. Mineception. <Dunno if it's spelled correctly.
12/21/2016 8:44 am
xXSlayXx
What should the con be named?

Maybe CraftCon, cause it's the inverse of Minecon?
12/20/2016 1:09 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
You could have people have plots for panels, And for presentations and stuff..I'd love to take part man. I'd help if possible.
12/19/2016 11:04 pm
xXSlayXx
Yeah, I left it kinda vague in the intention that people would inform me here on their opinion of how it would be, thus not causing them to build around what I suggest, thus sending out more creative ideas, and potentially someone suggesting something better than my internal imagination of it. I guess at a later date I could disclose how I personally think it should be like, but I haven't really made any coherent plans at this given time.

Thanks for all the votes and comments everyone.

And those who hit bad idea need to speak up too.
12/19/2016 7:52 pm
Level 43 : Master Goblin
Caesar2K
SampleAnd just wanna let you know. i have a Youtube channel where i make some creepy stories and stuff like that around minecraft so if you could go and check it out then i would be happy sir. But have a nice day and see you around this place !

Hey link your YouTube channel!

And Hey OP (original poster), if you could add me on Skype (@coreymrpoop) or just elaborate here on what your actual plan is, I think that's why you've got the views but not the votes you are looking for because... and I speak for myself on this one... I don't know what your actual plan is for the in-game sci-fi convention...

But I'm hooked.
12/19/2016 7:46 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Network
RobinStrider
i vote Yes. this sounds fun
(btw kinda reminds me of EnderCon)
12/19/2016 7:04 pm
raidarr
Possibly have it plot-based in an almost city-like setting; folks make and put their stuff together in specific zones, and have those zones prioritized by some way or another. Main road through the top priority areas, etc - have it all set up and then for a week or so make it all open to the public.

Keep in mind I made this idea in about 3 seconds, so I dunno how effective it would be :p Just a few words for thought.
12/19/2016 5:20 pm
xXSlayXx
Any suggestions you would have for it?
12/18/2016 11:18 pm
raidarr
It would take careful planning and more than a few resources, but it would be interesting if well executed. You might even see me on it if it is done well.
12/18/2016 11:12 pm
xXSlayXx
Wow! Way more support than expected, I gotta start thinking about how this will work.
12/18/2016 6:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
Sample
i think it would be cool. but you need to find some people who can help you and stuff like that. because it is a big thing for one person. but i would go and cruse around the server. But who knows do want you wanna do and it might get big !

And just wanna let you know. i have a Youtube channel where i make some creepy stories and stuff like that around minecraft so if you could go and check it out then i would be happy sir. But have a nice day and see you around this place !
12/18/2016 4:59 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Arkamaty
I actually thought of suggesting a convention in minecraft to many people who do or are willing to host a server. I personally like the feel of conventions and being at one without leaving your home is a pretty cool thing if you ask me.
12/18/2016 4:20 pm
xXSlayXx
So many views yet only five votes.

So far they are for the idea, but some more should vote.
12/16/2016 5:25 pm
xXSlayXx
I'd like to thank everyone who votes on the poll and encourage them to post below the reasons for their answers. If after a while the results say a good idea, I may make this a reality/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome