Server Debate

BewareOfTheAngel's Avatar BewareOfTheAngel3/24/16 12:40 pm
2/25/2017 7:10 am
Ellie's Avatar Ellie
You may choose no more than 4 options and cannot change, pick wisely

Edit* Please write down any other answer that was not mentioned in the poll
BewareOfTheAngel
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/25/2017 7:10 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
Locked - Don't necropost.
02/25/2017 7:08 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Warrior
CaptainEvstike
In servers, I would like to see expert owners. Most people think the only thing expert owners would be good for is to handle problems, but isn't that what staff are for (especially moderators). I love a good owner who knows a lot of the work his staff are doing and understands them and doesn't ask them to do ridiculous nearly-impossible things. Like for a builder, ask them to complete some giant build with moving redstone pictures. For a developer, ask them to recode a plugin that's source code is private. I like a good owner because they would build the server a good way, and you wouldn't have to worry about the rest of the problems. They would get good staff to manage hat and the server. Builders to build an original spawn. Developers to make custom plugins of their abilities. There wouldn't be much problems with the community if everything is setup good. No raging confused players, bad players would be punished or changed, staff problems would be resolved. With a good owner, a good server comes.
02/25/2017 6:41 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Getting more than 1 a day is a lot for us XD
02/24/2017 2:00 pm
avrona
Well my server is fun but has no players so XD
02/25/2017 6:26 am
BewareOfTheAngel
xD
02/24/2017 1:48 pm
BewareOfTheAngel
I pretty much agree with friendly players, they are the ones who make the server fun and entertaining
06/04/2016 12:48 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
Narnian Dryad
I would love a VANILLA server, with maybe some mini-games too!
06/04/2016 8:51 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
ArenaSnow
eraofiron
karmakipThe rest is thought out content and playability - not having to read 20 signs to kinda understand what's going on.

The type of player killing Minecraft

Well now, if you can't summarize your server without having to put up dozens of signs... I, one who values depth, would tell ya to check your signs and paraphrase better or look for another concept. Sure, the fluff can be thousands of signs worth - but if you can't make a server without forcing people to read tons of stuff just to get the basic concept and be able to play, you're doing it wrong. There's uniqueness and depth, and then there's iffy design and overcomplication. That, I find, can rear its ugly head to be every bit as bad as a factions server that's a cloned version of another.

My server spawn has four signs. Just four, telling you how to begin your journey. Everything else is optional tips or the rules, which are on different walls and non-intrusive. All the player needs to know is to start their journey they stand on a pressure pad to teleport to a random location (My spawn town is a huge city on an island, they can't make it to free land on their own as a newbie without being killed in the ocean)

Players still walk straight past them then moan that they can't do anything. Players who ignore all signs are the bane of many admins' lives.
06/04/2016 8:37 am
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
A lot of people set up servers that have a good idea, but the owners have no idea what they're doing and the server plummets. Good owner, and friendly players are what most people look for
06/04/2016 8:16 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
_nods0123_
My Own....
^_^
06/03/2016 2:46 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Quatec
If an expert owner were to be selected, they would be able to chose good staff. Personally that contradicts it.
06/02/2016 3:04 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Enjin is good for starting, but waaaaaaaaay too overused, and their prices are insane. SO if you ever plan on moving away from them you re gonna have a problem
06/02/2016 3:38 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
I would just make/ask someone to make a custom website because it would avoid complications from going from enjin to custom.
06/03/2016 12:14 pm
BewareOfTheAngel
Wth hey I have u in skype xD
06/03/2016 2:42 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
You do?
06/04/2016 5:46 am
BewareOfTheAngel
Yea I'm Innocent_Heart
asked me to look for your friend "ArcticCat14000"
06/02/2016 1:09 pm
BewareOfTheAngel
05/05/2016 2:15 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I'd want survival, but not with Towny. IMO, Towny servers are a separate genre from survival ones in the same way factions servers are.
05/05/2016 12:55 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
LXGaming
A nice forums thats active with a chat too. I love having the website used as more of a social platform than a "minecraft server website".
05/05/2016 1:49 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Would you prefer a site like Enjin with built in functions that connect many people and servers or an unconnected, custom but very well done website that happened to have a chat feature?
05/05/2016 1:43 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
tbh, most annoying kids I saw would do rp dating and stuff, and say, "Hi im 9" like why would we want to know your age
probably strict rules and restriction is good, prevents hackers.
05/05/2016 1:30 am
BewareOfTheAngel
04/10/2016 10:24 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
bonnydust
I picked Friendly Players, Good Staff and Survival. There really wasnt a fourth option I felt comfortable picking but those three are our main goals on Live To Die Server. We dont wish to be one of the biggest or best servers out there, just popular enough to have a regular compliment of 10 + players on all the time, players who keep coming back and playing regularly so we can all get to know each other in some sense. A real community.
04/05/2016 4:34 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Well I Prefer a good survival server thats not factions and good staff, friendly players and a expert Owner, but to probably play long term on a server would need to be modded for me as I got bored of vanilla way back in 1.5.2/1.6.2 days..
04/05/2016 12:07 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
I wanted a Vanilla Creative server with nice players and good staff.
04/05/2016 12:00 am
raidarr
eraofiron
karmakipThe rest is thought out content and playability - not having to read 20 signs to kinda understand what's going on.

Well now, if you can't summarize your server without having to put up dozens of signs... I, one who values depth, would tell ya to check your signs and paraphrase better or look for another concept. Sure, the fluff can be thousands of signs worth - but if you can't make a server without forcing people to read tons of stuff just to get the basic concept and be able to play, you're doing it wrong. There's uniqueness and depth, and then there's iffy design and overcomplication. That, I find, can rear its ugly head to be every bit as bad as a factions server that's a cloned version of another.
04/04/2016 9:08 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
eraofiron

04/04/2016 7:12 am
BewareOfTheAngel
Keep voting guys!
03/28/2016 9:28 am
Level 88 : Elite Senpai
sekwah41
It depends on the type of server, a server the size of hypixel most people see the staff so rarely it wouldn't matter if they were nice(tho i do have to say they are lovely people) but it really does make or break a lot of servers. I've also seen server where the owner either is lazy or just takes everything for granted so in most cases it is the staff.
03/28/2016 8:00 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect
ouchh
In my opinion, it's just a matter of having a good and knowing community and an Owner that knows how to handle situations and create solutions to problems...
03/27/2016 1:55 pm
raidarr
You can't go wrong with a good community and an owner that doesn't need to be hand-held to know server stuff. Though those owners can get somewhere if they do... but it is simpler if they don't. Crap staff reflects back on the server as well.

The rest is thought out content and playability - not having to read 20 signs to kinda understand what's going on.
03/28/2016 7:44 am
BewareOfTheAngel
True
03/27/2016 7:54 am
BewareOfTheAngel
Obviously friendly players in the server is the most important thing for a server
05/05/2016 1:38 am
avrona
Not really. Yes it is good to keep annoying kids away, yet players might not even have to communicate or take part in the community. They can just play the server, the entire point of the server. I have a small vanilla server and there is really nothing on it that has players interacting. They can just chat, but there is nothing other than that, as it is what there is to do on the server that is the most important.
03/24/2016 7:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Friendly staff and fun players are what keeps me on a server.
03/24/2016 7:09 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
macgarthur
Can't stress this enough.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome