Server Ideas

_Drix's Avatar _Drix4/18/14 10:12 pm
1 emeralds 161 5
4/18/2014 10:31 pm
SBJCZKVZ's Avatar SBJCZKVZ
So I want to make a Minecraft server.
But I don't want this one to be like most ones started by Inexperienced players.
So I'm going to list some questions below and experienced server owners
can help me out!

Tekkit Lite Vs Tekkit Classic?
I want It be a Tekkit Pack server considering I'm a bit addicticted to It.

Towny Vs Factions?
It's going to be a non-greifing server but I ask about factions cause I could always make the plugin all peaceful factions.

Autorank Vs Rankup Via Ingame money?

Server shop Vs Player shop?

And If anyone else has some useful Ideas that would be great!
_Drix
Level 7 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/18/2014 10:31 pm
Level 1 : New System
SBJCZKVZ
Why not try making your own modpack with mods that you think should be there
Like tekkit, but your way!
04/18/2014 10:21 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
xXxDeeAm00nxXx
I have played through many servers and i would 100% say that a tekkit lite with factions and autorank would be the best, also use chest shops so that all players can create their own stores
04/18/2014 10:18 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Dragonborn
creeoer
Tekkit Lite, I play tekkit classic but I have witnesssed the disasters EE2 does to the entire server economy, on the native server I play on people can easily give newcomers stacks of redmatter; also its old and has many bugs and kinks. And do towny, factions isn't designed for peacefulness at all so its pretty stupid to use it, just go with towny. Rankup ingame money is probally more balanced and will give players an objective and give them something to do with ingame money. And player shops, players will be busy stocking up shops and actually you might as well have a server and player shop.
04/18/2014 10:26 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
_Drix
Thanks everyone for the answers!
And the only problem Is the version of chest shop available for Tekkit Lite servers Is the Wool:17 duplication glitch.
And what plugin would I use to ban Items such as canvas bag, balkon's weapon mod.
04/18/2014 10:16 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
jccreszMC
I own a all types server of normal MC, BUKKIT of course, and i would reccomend starting off with Bukkit because then you get used to the interface, then move on to Tekkit/Hexxit.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome