Server Review?

2Crafted's Avatar 2Crafted1/23/17 4:35 pm
1 emeralds 133 1
1/23/2017 11:05 pm
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
Hello, Is there any chance you guys can come on and review my server. Maybe tell me what you think about it. Possibly some ideas. I would be grateful. I want to keep working on it, an improving it as much as possible.

I have been working very hard setting things up and would love to hear an outsiders option on it. I only have a few steady players ate the moment. They are seem to really enjoy it..

The connection IP is : play.oreblock.us . It is a skyblock server, but see like I have a good thing going. There are paid plugins to make it all run smoothly. Check out the /warp menu to see public places are of right now! "Never Stop Emproving"!
2Crafted
Level 34 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/23/2017 11:05 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Alright, I gave it a go.

Comparing with other skyblock servers I have joined, it's fairly well made and fully playable. Though I can't judge the community by a single youtuber and a couple join-and-leave members, what I saw in that regard was nice - Grisly in particular is friendly.

Design wise, the server does all it is set out to do. If I may be so bold, that isn't very much - you strove to make a skyblock server and that's what you got. There's nothing that stands out about the server; nothing that would make me want to play it over another equivalent skyblock server. The setup is decent, but all that it really has going for it is the fact it's new, unless there's some special function or twist to it that I missed entirely.

Execution wise, as I mentioned in the first paragraph - for a skyblock server it does well at all it needs to do. There's a small assortment of flaws, bugs and nitpicks to it that I've listed below, but other than that it is functional. Professionalism is one thing to keep in mind - if you could go over the forums and proofread for grammar, that may help your image a bit. Now for the nitpick bits;

General;
-Your chat plugin is too sensitive. I said 'ello when I logged in and did a few commands in the meantime. A few minutes later, I said the same to greet a new player, and I was "repeating myself".
-"No caps" is easily understood, but the wording could be better. I broke the rule twice in this sentence the way it's worded. Yes, rule wording can be important.
-If you have a warp for rules, I suggest also filling out the document for /rules as that makes referencing them a much simpler matter.
-Kudos on the staff app, it's well designed.

Warps;
-/warp menu doesn't show as an existing warp.
-Warps fishpond and topmembers have hole in floor errors.
-Nether warp really should be protected as it is naive to assume a sign saying "plz do not break any of this" will stop someone who wants to break it. Apologies for the two holes in the floor.
-Not necessary, but as a possible pvp log deterrent, a 2 second delay between teleports wouldn't hurt.
-While I think small staff teams are good, /warp staff appears rather bare.

Permissions;
-You did fairly well - but I'd suggest adding /who to the mix, and potentially adding /staff that operates similar to how /rules would. /tpahere is also useful for members.

Doner ranks;
-Sethome is already not very useful on a server dedicated to Skyblock, but selling it as part of a $5 package makes no sense to me.
-Clearing inventory is a shortcut that again doesn't make much sense to sell. Other servers with the same mode offer it for free - it's a quality of life feature that members would appreciate as all it does is take 1 minute of pressing Q/tossing stacks out the window and turn it into a few seconds.
-"Access To Workbench To Craft Anywhere" isn't a very professional form of spelling; if you're going to take people's money, professional is the least you can have when presenting the rank.
-Diamond rank:
/kit spawner3 - Receive 3 Spawner
Bedrock rank:
/kit spawner5 - Receive 4 Spawners
-Unless /pv 1 accesses all the pv's at the same time, /pv will do for the command name - I don't think "/pv 1" accesses pv's 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome