Setblock players coords commandblock help

Imadbush's Avatar Imadbush9/27/13 12:11 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 5
10/3/2013 12:58 am
Nilstyle's Avatar Nilstyle
Hi, i want to set a block relative to a players coordinates can you tell me if this is possible and if so how i can do it
Thanks in advance
Imad_Bush
Imadbush
Level 20 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/03/2013 12:58 am
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
Nilstyle
Just have a bunch of redstone blocks beneath the ground and whenever you do something,a bunch of command blocks place activator rails on those blocks then remove it.In that room beneath the ground,have an angry pigman with a commandblock minecart stacked on it with the /setblock command
09/28/2013 4:25 pm
Level 23 : Expert Cake
Spellguard
Imad_bushHi, i want to set a block relative to a players coordinates can you tell me if this is possible and if so how i can do it
Thanks in advance
Imad_Bush

Alas, this is not possible. Yet. Or at least its not possible easily.

The only way to set something relative to the player is by using /tellraw, but that requires a player to click a link in the chat.

/tellraw @a {"text":"Spawn a block? ", "extra":[{"text":"[Yes]",color:"green","clickEvent":{"action":"run_command","value":"/setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:stone"}}]}

Copy and paste that into a command block and power it. When a player clicks [Yes] in chat, it will spawn a stone block at their feet.

See, not easy. Hopefully Mojang adds support for @p or @a as coordinates.
09/28/2013 7:42 am
Level 1 : New Miner
skeletonxf
Using the ~ you can set things with coordinates relatively, maybe try
/setblock 3 @p ~0 ~-1 ~0 (this should put the block beneath you, though I haven't tested it and it might only put the block 1 below the command block location, plus I might have the syntax order the wrong way)

Also this command only exists in snapshots of 1.7 as of now
09/28/2013 7:38 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
write /spawnpoint [playername or @] [X Y Z Coordinates]
09/28/2013 7:30 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
Bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024