Setting the default spawn

Elizardbeth's Avatar Elizardbeth4/24/14 12:33 am
1 emeralds 706 7
4/26/2014 7:36 pm
StillCat's Avatar StillCat
Hello!

To make it short, I am working on a project to help players who are new at minecraft to better understand the game. I have a small problem though, I don't know how to set the default spawnpoint.
Click to reveal
I know that you can use the command /setworldspawn, but for some reason this command hasn't been working. I also know that you can simply sleep in a bed, but I would rather not do that.

Does anyone know of a command I can use or something I can do to set the spawn for all players where I want it? Thanks for any help you have!

Sincerely,
Goldy
Elizardbeth
Level 30 : Artisan Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/26/2014 7:23 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
I suggest finding the original spawnpoint and building a little path all the way. I find it difficult to be terrible at redstone and play on a vanilla server whilst trying to build (plugins really help you now).
04/26/2014 7:30 pm
Elizardbeth
I need to surround the spawn by a wall, but because players don't spawn on a certain block, but in a certain area, that is going to be kind of hard. And this isn't on a server. Thanks for trying to help, though!
04/26/2014 7:36 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
I know this isn't a server, just trying to suggest. To ease your building, though, use the 'SPC' mod.
04/26/2014 7:20 pm
Elizardbeth
kolokkol/setworldspawn should work.....

It doesn't. At least, not for me. (Please read whats in the spoiler next time)
kolokkolYou could also use a clock with /spawnpoint @a <x> <y> <z> , you could improve that with some /scoreboard tricks to only make it set a players' spawnpoint once.

I know how to make a redstone clock, and I know how to get coords, but I don't know any /scoreboard tricks...
04/24/2014 1:27 am
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
kolokkol
/setworldspawn should work.....

You could also use a clock with /spawnpoint @a <x> <y> <z> , you could improve that with some /scoreboard tricks to only make it set a players' spawnpoint once.
04/24/2014 12:41 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
OMFGitsMatt
Use spigot or bukkit its more reliable then the vanilla server
04/24/2014 12:46 am
Elizardbeth
Thanks, lol, but I am not making a server. Just a world. I see why you thought that though, I should probably word differently.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome