Shader Beta Testers Needed!!! Chroma Shaders v2.0

Sometimes, we all need a little general help.

Post Permalink
by Sergeant Sarcasm » 11/10/2016

So for a while after my first somewhat rushed release of my v1.0 shaders, I realized I was ready to make my own shader from scratch. My v2.0 is exactly this. Problem is, with moving to a shader from scratch, I can't rely on the same compatibility with the base pack. This being said, I need people of different systems and specs to test my pack in the state that it is in. I'll provide a link for a download, and all I need from you is to download it and give me feedback. Let me know how it performs on your system with specs provided, let me know of any crashes or errors, possible bugs, etc.
For a little perspective, this pack gets me about 100~ FPS on all the default settings that the pack comes with (basically all but DoF and dirty lens) on my GTX 1080 and got me about like 40 on my 660 OEM from my previous computer build. I'm especially looking for people with low end computers and builds with Intel HD Graphics or AMD. Mac is highly unlikely to work, and compatibility is unlikely. If you have one of those listed, please make sure you provide your specs and results with the pack.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dfmfmngf945n4e4/Chroma+Shaders+v2.0+Beta+Release.zip

Here's some screenshots with descriptions of what effects you're seeing.
Spoiler
The lens flare in action, uses a unique way of calculating color and shape based off of the bokeh image used for HQ_DOF.

A little Rayleigh atmospheric scattering in action, with the dynamic sun color on the lens flare.

Some subtle volumetric crepuscular rays coming from the sun.

I know this looks exactly like the previous image, but hey, it shows off some of the best bloom out there. High res and performance friendly.

The dynamic lens, performance friendly and beautiful.

Water sub surface scattering and parallax water.

My pride, the highest quality DoF that you can get in shaders. Uses a baked image, the pack comes with 1/3 resolution and gets me about 60 FPS to 40 FPS on my 1080. Full res gets me 12 FPS.

Low quality noised DoF, looks alright but it gets the job done. Little performance impact on my 1080.

My dirty lens that uses a unique way of plotting the bokeh image around the screen.

Boring water caustics.

FILTERS:

This is the modern filter. Nice and moody, cinematic and stuff.

The black and white filter, self explanatory.

The warm filter, again, self explanatory.

The cool filter, also self explanatory.

The vibrant filter, you guessed it, self explanatory.

The last but certainly not least, 1979 named after one of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins songs. Replicates old cameras, designed to look moody and kinda spooky at night looking like an old '80s horror film.

This is in no way a shader pack release, so if you download this pack you should do your part and provide the feedback stated previously.

Thanks
Server: server.blaizecraft.com

My Developing Machine
Phanteks Evolv | i7 6700k | Asus Z170-A ATX | 16GB DDR4-2133 |
250GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Strix
Level 40
Master Lumberjack
Says: klol
Minecraft: SgtSarcasm7
mc_server: server.blaizecraft.com

Post Permalink
by Strum355 » 11/10/2016

Gon test dis shit boi
Level 1
New Miner
Minecraft: Strum355

Post Permalink
by star_weaver » 11/10/2016

with my current setup
i7 6700k
gtx 1070

i done some testing, after ripping out my 1070, turning on intel graphics and setting my cpu to multiple settings to simulate a potato/mashed potato

hd 530 512 mb vram - the most i could throw at it
cpu 2c/2t @ 2ghz = 10fps
cpu 2c/2t @ 3ghz = 11 fps
cpu 2c/4t @ 2ghz = 10 fps

my conclusion, the igpu was maxing out

settings
graphics - fancy
smooth lighting - max {100%}
max brightness
fog - off
everything else turned on/maxed
render distance = 8 chunks
VBO's - off

woulda done more testing but, each time i changed the settings i would crash and nothing would have been changed, and i dont like seeing my computer max out with such a little load as well.
hope this kinda helped with your research

no shaders = an average of 30-35 depending on the cpu settings
and a black circle was constantly on screen as well
https://imgur.com/a/WirNc

yes this was in a modded instance, and yes i was running the world on a server as well - local host
If any of my tips help, let me know in 1 way or another just so i can help others more efficiently.
Level 5
Apprentice Princess

Post Permalink
by Sergeant Sarcasm » 11/10/2016

star_weaver wrote:with my current setup
i7 6700k
gtx 1070

i done some testing, after ripping out my 1070, turning on intel graphics and setting my cpu to multiple settings to simulate a potato/mashed potato

hd 530 512 mb vram - the most i could throw at it
cpu 2c/2t @ 2ghz = 10fps
cpu 2c/2t @ 3ghz = 11 fps
cpu 2c/4t @ 2ghz = 10 fps

my conclusion, the igpu was maxing out

settings
graphics - fancy
smooth lighting - max {100%}
max brightness
fog - off
everything else turned on/maxed
render distance = 8 chunks
VBO's - off

woulda done more testing but, each time i changed the settings i would crash and nothing would have been changed, and i dont like seeing my computer max out with such a little load as well.
hope this kinda helped with your research

no shaders = an average of 30-35 depending on the cpu settings
and a black circle was constantly on screen as well
https://imgur.com/a/WirNc

yes this was in a modded instance, and yes i was running the world on a server as well - local host

Huh strange, surprised you could run this on Intel HD. Have you tried it on a vanilla instance? This black circle intrigues me.

My Developing Machine
Level 40
Master Lumberjack

Post Permalink
by star_weaver » 11/10/2016

Sergeant Sarcasm wrote:
Huh strange, surprised you could run this on Intel HD. Have you tried it on a vanilla instance? This black circle intrigues me.

havnt tried with vanilla but im guessing with the settings tweaked some, and the shader options turned down to 0.5/0.7X the fps should be around 15/20 and well yea the intel graphics, is pretty much top of the line nowdays
If any of my tips help, let me know in 1 way or another just so i can help others more efficiently.
Level 5
Apprentice Princess

Post Permalink
by ethernity4ever » 11/11/2016

I'm playing on moody brightness, and its too dark. like day is a sunset and night is peach black!
Level 46
Master Enderdragon

Post Permalink
by Sergeant Sarcasm » 11/11/2016

ethernity4ever wrote:I'm playing on moody brightness, and its too dark. like day is a sunset and night is peach black!

Yeah I plan to fix this by putting sunlight color through a Rayleigh phase similar to how the sky is done, and same with ambient light. Atmospheric scattering can mess with that stuff a bit.

My Developing Machine
Level 40
Master Lumberjack

Post Permalink
by ethernity4ever » 11/11/2016

Allright :) Will keep an eye on the thread then for the update!
Level 46
Master Enderdragon

Post Permalink
by brostermedia » 11/11/2016

just did a quick test with my GTX 650 TI BOOST and and intel i3 3220
seems to be running at 20-30 fps on 8 chunks fancy with a render quality of 0.7

expected from the screenshots to have a way lower framerate but seems to be running fine
Need some renders? go to my profile!
Level 9
Apprentice Explorer

Post Permalink
by cadanoakey1 » 11/11/2016

Hey, i'm running fx 8350 CPU with a radeon r9 390. And i'm using optifine 1.10.2 HD_U_D2

I get this glitch where there's a huge black dot in the middle of the green with a white ring around it which gets bigger or smaller depending on where I look. The ground also changes from light to dark when I look at the sun and away again. It also says gbuffers_terrain is an invalid program.

I recorded a quick video to show you whats happening hopefully it helps. BTW the FPS when not recording stays around 59-61 FPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRuMpJzCynk&feature=youtu.be
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by infered5 » 11/11/2016

I too experience the strange black ball near the center of the screen. Follows the crosshair.

Spoiler

Specs:

Biostar A58MD uATX
AMD A10 7870K @4.20 GHz
AMD Powercolor R9 270x (2gb)
2x8GB Crucial Ballistic Sport DDR3

Got about 30 frames on ultra everything, with Optifine, running at 10 render distance. No shaders yield an average of 160-170 FPS.

Chocapic V5 Extreme gets me about 55 FPS average.
Continuum 1.1 Ultra yields average 25.
Destiny recreated in Minecraft. http://thecruciblemc.net

Featured on Bungie.net as their June 2016 Community Focus.
Level 47
Master Technomancer

Post Permalink
by LukeSky5000 » 11/11/2016

For me it doesn't render properly. Most of my screen is all black but around the cross hairs is a circle where everything has weird shadows. Sadly I can't upload a screen shot but besides that:
10fps steady
Laptop---
processor: i7-5500U
graphics: AMD R9 M275
Level 23
Expert Engineer

Next

Return to General Help