Short Story help!

Riamu_Uchiha's Avatar Riamu_Uchiha3/20/14 12:15 pm
4/21/2014 4:43 pm
eaPiniM's Avatar eaPiniM
Hey guys, I am an aspiring author and need some help. I want to write short stories but at the moment I cannot think of any plots. That's where you come in. If you want, submit a plot to a story and within a week (needs to be edited and molded into the best it can be), I will write it up as a blog and dedicate it to you.

Thank you,

Riamu.
Riamu_Uchiha
Level 15 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2014 4:43 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
eaPiniM
I realise this thread is a few days old, but I decided I would share my thoughts on it.

I truly believe that an author, whether aspiring or famous, should only write books with their own ideas. If you were to create a whole plot and background yourself, not using a poorly written sentence as your structure for your hopeful masterpiece, that would easily and incredibly stop plotholes in the middle of writing, where you would either give up or make things up on the spot which I find is not good.

I am currently in the early stages of writing a completely custom Half-Life 2 Fanfiction. I specifically made a private enjin website to store all sorts of information I wanted to add or change from the original game and I strongly feel that with that stored writing and the information that I still continue to add that there will be no time in writing where I come across an area where I'm not sure about.

From reading other posts and your blogs of the stories, it seems to me that you honestly need inspiration. All I will say to you is brainstorm. Brainstorming will truly help you a lot, and once you think up an idea that's interesting; expand on it.

Also, if you are taking ideas from the public, don't use stupid ones.

I wish you good luck in your future endeavours and your career in writing.
04/18/2014 9:54 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
As the others said, it'd be better if you figure out an idea by yourself. But you technically are, you just want some basis to go on...

I'd say let's do something that's never been done before; implement manga and anime elements into a book!

That means either one or multiple of the following: explosions, -snip- *EDIT* bunch of boys/girls all having a crush on him/her, gripping plot about war, gripping plot about love, mecha, random references to other parts of media, random jokes, and of course epic powers.

...I'm actually serious, I'd love to read a short story where there is a shy boy being devastated by a bunch of girls all having a crush on him. And since you are heading down the author path, put something normal in there; as the others said, perhaps some mysterious plot or power that the protagonist has.
04/18/2014 9:43 pm
Level 82 : Elite Fox
CraftyFoxe
Go make some Halo Fanfiction!
04/18/2014 9:46 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Noobington9001
You're not HELPFUL!
04/16/2014 7:41 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
Heichou
Look around the surroundings around you and start to think like a philosopher. Ask yourself questions and maybe you can get a plot out of it.
03/21/2014 3:29 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
axrovex
A man who's spent his entire life living in a vast, lonely land. He has never seen, or heard of any other sentient entity, other than himself, until the fateful day that he discovers strange tools and designs embedded into the ground. He then embarks on a long journey to put the pieces and clues together, and to end the spiraling paranoia of being alone.
03/22/2014 12:50 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
Seems kind of hard but I can give it a shot
03/21/2014 3:23 pm
Level 21 : Expert Archer
jadedwolf424
Well, I have a story called "Wolf's Tale" and you can take over if you want. You can even just take the idea, just mention me in the credits if it's on pmc.
03/22/2014 12:47 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
I don't want to just copy your work, I will either rewrite it or just take the idea and blend it to my own style, thanks
03/21/2014 3:19 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
IrishChaos
Riamu_UchihaHey guys, I am an aspiring author and need some help. I want to write short stories but at the moment I cannot think of any plots. That's where you come in. If you want, submit a plot to a story and within a week (needs to be edited and molded into the best it can be), I will write it up as a blog and dedicate it to you.

Thank you,

Riamu.

You are not an author if you don't have any books (Or any other forms of writing) and you will never be one if you can't think of ideas. An author has to be able to make ideas and use them, they don't have a table full of minions to do the thinking for them!

As I said I am an Aspiring Author ( Definition: Any writer who has yet to achieve publication through a traditional publisher.) And I can think of ideas for myself, I was just doing something fun, write me a plot and i will write a story for it, it'[s not like i am going to publish the stories with ideas from anyone on here, its for practice and pleasure purposes, you must be so much fun at parties - Am I right?
03/21/2014 3:08 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Riamu_UchihaHey guys, I am an aspiring author and need some help. I want to write short stories but at the moment I cannot think of any plots. That's where you come in. If you want, submit a plot to a story and within a week (needs to be edited and molded into the best it can be), I will write it up as a blog and dedicate it to you.

Thank you,

Riamu.

You are not an author if you don't have any books (Or any other forms of writing) and you will never be one if you can't think of ideas. An author has to be able to make ideas and use them, they don't have a table full of minions to do the thinking for them!
03/21/2014 12:39 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
*Bump*
03/20/2014 2:47 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
03/21/2014 2:42 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
Are you advertising your own stories or asking me to do something or what?
03/20/2014 2:29 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
*BUMP*
03/20/2014 12:25 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Pixel Painter
CryoMCGod
How about a person with the ability to grab people hearts and manfest them into weapons but there weapon depends on there state of mind so he kinda has to hope but hes also cursed with bad luck so hes always getting into trouble.
03/20/2014 12:27 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
haha, seems hard but perhaps do-able, thanks man.
03/20/2014 12:21 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
I didn't mean to, I was getting 503 Bad Gateway so i clicked submit a few times, it did not appear to be working, but now it has cought up with itself, sorry, I'm tring to find out how to delete them now.
03/20/2014 12:20 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
shadowolf0101
How about a story where one individual can control the destiny of others, They could make mistakes and see the consequences of there power of something like that...

Also good luck
04/09/2014 1:05 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
Here is part one, sorry it took more than a week, but I got quite badly ill, it's all good now though and here it is

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/destiny---part-1/
03/20/2014 12:21 pm
Riamu_Uchiha
Sure I can try that Thanks
03/20/2014 12:18 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Prince
Pr0Julian
STOP SPAMMING PMC WITH THIS
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024