Should I care about year 10 / grade 9?

DatFox's Avatar DatFox9/23/14 1:37 pm
1 emeralds 2.3k 88
5/20/2017 1:35 am
NameZTaken's Avatar NameZTaken
I'm in year 10 now, And tbh I don't care at all about the GCSEs or doing homework, neither do any of my friends..

I'm changing school anyways which would be bad so I might as not care right?
DatFox
Level 35 : Artisan Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/20/2017 1:35 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
NameZTaken
This subject was from how long ago..? lmao
05/20/2017 1:23 am
Level 40 : Master Electrician
-WaffleKing-
The only use of GCSEs is to get you into sixth form or college to do A levels. Unless you're going to Oxbridge, universities don't care. Employers couldn't care less. All you have to do is get 5 A* - C grades, which isn't hard considering you do like 11 subjects at GCSE.
05/20/2017 1:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Patrrickclark
If you have a fear of unsuccessful we will get you a job.Here is a link ( https://unsecured.live/fast-food-jobs/m ... plication/ ) .
10/10/2014 3:23 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
those saying dot bother because you'll end up as a sheep in society - maybe you should do a little research. Youre supposed to aim to a job you can enjoy hence all the time in schooling. You don't want to ever work? Good for you if you want to be 40 and living with your parents. We live in the easiest times yet people want to be lazy and not get jobs because they'd rather play video games. You have to work for what you want and you need to work to have a future. Not everything is going to be handed to you on a silver platter especially after the age of 16. You're privileged to have lived how you have and the only thing you can respond with is "i dont want a job because it turns me into a sheep". You make it sound like people throughout history have had a chance not to work and as if people have fought for education and rights for no reason. Throughout history you've had to work to live, now you work to afford what you want to do as government can give you allowances to help you on your feet, education is compulsory and a wide range of jobs are available.
10/10/2014 2:13 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
DeathNote_15
DatFoxI'm in year 10 now, And tbh I don't care at all about the GCSEs or doing homework, neither do any of my friends..

Step 1: Ditch the 'friends' holding you back.
Step 2: Ditch the 'friends' that could give a **** about educating themselves/are bad influences (do drugs, fight, not care, etc)
Step 3: Start 'giving a....' about your education. Its the only thing that will get you anywhere in life. Without it, have a fun time living off well-fare and making ends meet.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit.

Its really that simple. Try your hardest in topping your class in education. High school is really important, cause its what'll get you into a university, where you can get a degree and get a job later on. Don't be like the other kids, trust me. The clothes you wear, the food you eat, the girlfriend/boyfriend you have... its not gonna matter in a decade or 2. Its not gonna get you money. Education will. Those other things will come and go throughout your life.

And if you're changing schools thats good. You get a somewhat 'new' start. Just finish off your current school year on a good note, and when you move make sure you hang out with the good people and study and hustle hard. Theres gonna be alot of distractions like girls and stuff, but like I said that ain't gonna make you money.

Think about it this way. Education -> Good job -> Money. When you have the money, the cars and girls will follow. Take my word for it
10/10/2014 1:21 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
The last three years are the years that do really count.
10/10/2014 1:18 am
Level 48 : Master Pixel Painter
basicbrick
So you want to not give a crap about school because your friends are? Get new friends, that actually care about school. If you want to have a successful life, have a job, and support yourself you better try in school. If your teacher said that you would fail right from the start, prove them wrong, a teacher should not be saying stuff like that to students because it can make them have low self esteem and it will make them more likely to fail. Try your best, and don't give up!
10/10/2014 1:28 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
^
Also, this may sound like a typical answer that I would give anyone, but in reality, friends before college won't really matter. By the time you have a job, you'll forget 75% of them, if not more.
Getting bullied for "sitting alone at lunch" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I ignore people like the plague during classes, mostly because I don't like the people that surround me, works fine for me.
10/09/2014 11:58 pm
Level 26 : Expert Grump
IceCream_Sundae
GCSEs

I do not speak British acronyms for British schooling. What is "GCSE"?

School is important. Don't f**k it up, and your future, because your friends don't care. I'd try and figure out if you can keep your friends and your grades up, if you want both, or find some friends that you like and who also care about grades.

Take care especially if what someone else commented is true; that you can't repeat a grade.
09/23/2014 8:15 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
If your friends would ditch you because you started giving a damn about your education like you're supposed to, then honestly you're better off being a loner who knows stuff than being around them.
09/23/2014 7:49 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Button Pusher
deathcrest5
Happened to me and i can assure you that if you spend 1-2 years of school that remain focusing on your studies, and do what you want in life, if your friends ditch you on the way there, it means that they arent friends broh, hang out with some other people, some that respect you, and get good grades, other wise you'lle be a dreamer with a crappy (excuses my language)job and an even crappier ( again excuse me) life and no your friends wont be there now.
Also when you go to college you write a new chapter in your life story, you meet people that you can relate to better, and these friends stick, unlike high school friends, and yes even i had to ditch my old friends, which as a write, are abusing substances and other unappropriate things while im here proud i did am not with them but studying as a game developer, with new friends!

So to sum it all up, study, do your homework, play a bit in the weekends, go out but remember to study, and get those A's brotha!
09/23/2014 7:48 pm
Level 22 : Expert Toast
invincible64
Nothing matters in the end, you'll just end up like another sheep in society by doing things the way THEY want you to. Instead, find your own path. College is not the only way, despite what you've been, are being, and will be indoctrinated to think.
10/10/2014 2:16 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
DeathNote_15
Ha. Nothing matters in the end, true. Death must be easy cause life is hard. But just cause life is hard doesn't mean you have to live it that way.

Way I see it, if you havent done ANYTHING in your lifetime to contribute to mankind and our species as a whole, you're a waste of space- a cockroach.

Its not always about getting money, its about getting a good enjoyable job that contributes to everyones well-being.

But all in all, I'll have what you're having
10/10/2014 1:32 am
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
Gotta be careful not to cut myself on all those edges.
09/23/2014 8:29 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
Or you can go get a degree in a science and actually do something productive with you life like idk help forward the human race
09/23/2014 8:02 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
That's a terrible way to think. You're only a "sheep" if you will yourself to be. You can always change your life to something that suits you.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi
09/23/2014 7:52 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Button Pusher
deathcrest5
College is one of the easier ways to get a decent life to put it in a mediocre way, but i know from relatives that it is better to start at 0 and have something than at -10000
And have no way to get back up
09/23/2014 7:33 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
You should probably care.
09/23/2014 7:26 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
nowadays you have to get a's and b's in all your courses, you have to do in school and out of school functions, community work, and show improvement through grades 9-11 to even get into in-state basic level schools. Dude, just because you try harder than your friends doesn't mean you can't be friends with them.. If you want to be a dropout in school by all means go for it but unless you actually want to be successful and do things other than work at a fast food restaurant for the rest of your life, then get your shit together and focus on school god dammit.
09/23/2014 7:10 pm
Level 27 : Expert Fish
Blobfish
honestly, i dont think there are any jobs u can get if you dont pay any attention to school and fail. so its pretty much spend a couple years playing a little more mc and having a little more fun and spend the rest of your life homeless living on the streets eating out of garbage cans or u can do schoolwork and have a happy life with a decent job and a house, so yeah do your schoolwork
09/23/2014 7:03 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
SirDenerim
DatFoxI'm in year 10 now, And tbh I don't care at all about the GCSEs or doing homework, neither do any of my friends..

I'm in my second year of college, all I can say is, do it. I regret not trying on my GCSE's, 7 A*-C's was good enough for me, but I wish I picked up a bit more extra to get on a better course.

On the topic of friends, haha. I don't talk to 5/6 of my friends because they went to different colleges, and I barely contact them. I only have one friend left that I talk to.
09/23/2014 7:00 pm
Level 28 : Expert Narwhal
kayninesquad
If you need to find new friends then try joining a club. Maybe meet some people that have some common interests. Then meet some of thier friends and then join thier little pack of friends. If that doesen't work, just work harder. If your friends do end up leaving you I doubt you will be alon forever. Just suck it up for a few years. It won't be the rest of your life. Try to manage.

Sincerly,
Kaynine
09/23/2014 6:55 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
TheMCBros99
Look, if you thnk being a failure will get u a job with friends, here is a link. Apply now, spots are limited
http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers.html
09/23/2014 7:20 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
09/23/2014 7:26 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Careers at McDonald?!?!?! I laughed for a good thirty seconds when I saw that....
McDonalds isn't a career. It's a "first job" for 16 year olds...
09/23/2014 8:05 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
TheMCBros99
With this guys attitude, it's like being n the nba.
09/23/2014 6:49 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
Wow.
Seriously? Are you really not caring about school because of your half-wit friends and that you'll sit alone at lunch? Fix yourself god damn.
09/23/2014 6:23 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
WhimsicalTuber17
You should care about every year in school, regardless of the circumstances, it's building the foundation for your future.
09/23/2014 6:19 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
You first created a thread talking trash about your teachers telling you to tuck your shirt in and follow the rules of the school, and now you don't even care about your grades? My teachers would literally murder you. (well, not literally, but you know what I mean)
I've gone to a private school for over five years now. I've gone to a private school since year 6, and now I'm in year 11 (Grade 5 to grade 10... I'm a US citizen, but I'm pretty sure year 1 is kindergarten, year 2 is 1st grade, and so on...) . I've dealt with it for five years. You can't even accept that you have to have a shirt tucked in?

You don't need education. You need discipline.

@mods, sorry if this is too offensive. People who think they're too cool to work or follow rules just disgust me, and you should see where I'm coming from.
09/23/2014 5:58 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
Care about every year even Freshmen year. If none of your friends care you're in the wrong crowd. It will literally be impossible to get in to a good college if all you have is C's through F's. Even though you can get some decent paying jobs without college most employers will throw your application away if they see your highest form of education is high school. Seriously though every year is important and without good grades you may just be stuck with two jobs living from paycheck to paycheck.
09/23/2014 5:51 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
for the record

friends are important. So is having a good time at school. I used to dread going to school, but I also used to be "that kid" that never even whispered in class and cared abound nothing but my grades.

Now I go to school and have a ton of fun. In fact, today I went to school and me and my friends decided to turn over all of our teacher's desks in first period while he was out of the room. He got a bit upset, but oh well.

Live your life and enjoy your high school years, they are tons of fun and you will regret it if you don't focus on anything but school work. Just remember that a straight "A" student is not the only things colleges look for. Go out there and enjoy high school, it is so fun and I feel really bad for people who don't risk getting in the tiniest bit of trouble to enjoy being at school a little bit.

to OP: Yes, you should care about them. All years are important in high school, but if you aren't in like a military boarding school or something ridiculous like that then have fun with it.
09/23/2014 5:39 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
You should care about all your school years. They all count, somehow. If you just do all your homework, study, and have fun, then you should do fine in school The only year you should have a bit of slack on is your senior year. ( My sister is a senior, and she's trying to just sorta go with the flow)

So basically, yes. You should care.
09/23/2014 4:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
polot38
Your high school grades matter a lot into getting into good colleges and getting scholarships. If you know for certain that you are going into grad school after college, your high school grades don't matter quite as much, as they will base getting in or not on your college performance, but even in that case, screwing around at lower grades can cause you to get lower scholarships earlier on.
09/23/2014 4:38 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Big_Kahuna
"Do your homework" - My grandpa on his death bed to me. Turned me into a strait A student
09/23/2014 4:36 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
You don't have to worry about GCSE's unless you want to actually be of use to your country and not a worthless leach that takes money of of people that actually work Not to mention make it harder for all of those people that actually want to work but can't.

So how about you get into school, work, and maybe... MAYBE... YOU DON'T END UP WASTING MY COUNTRIES MONEY THAT COULD BE SPENT SAVING LIVES

Don't even get me started on how people in third world countries would do anything to be in your position...
09/23/2014 4:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
kkclub
DatFoxDon't be as stupid as them.
Then I would loose friends..
Well, who would I eat lunch with? I mean, stay at lunch with mainly, don't wanna be on my own and if no friends = other challenge / bullys. Gl on ur art, wish I picked art but did not get the chance as my levels wasn't high enough

That's the point everyone is trying to make. Your levels weren't high enough and you didn't get to do the thing you wanted. It won't change after you leave school. What do you want to do? Well let my tell you something now, if you don't work hard in school, and just sit back and say "I don't care about school", then you're gonna have a pretty hard time when your looking for a job and no one will hire you because other applicants have better grades. Open your eyes. This isn't some game. This is life, and it's tough as -no- to get somewhere with it. So work hard.
09/23/2014 4:00 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
Vocashiny
Floppypancake31Everyone else here is being too damn soft about this.

Your GCSE's are to filter out all the idiots trying to make it into their A levels. If you're scared your friends will abandon you because you're actually putting some effort in, and not sitting around with your thumb in your mouth, then they are not your friends.

"Oh no! I can't sit with anyone at lunch!" Oh poor you, an hour (ish) of your day without sitting with your friends that shouldn't be your friends? How hard on you that must be.

You say you're moving school. Make new friends there (who actually try and will not end up working in a place with minimum wage).

I understand about the friends thing. It's not like that in secondary school. If you sit with nobody at lunch, people will view you as a loner and tease you. If you have no one to pair up with in PE or whatever, the same goes. It hurts to have nobody that actually WANTS to pair up with you. But if you can slide into another group of friends, that'd be better, or just tell the friends you're with already that should stop playing rebel and start doing work xD
09/23/2014 3:59 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
ShadowCatEXE
My Mom wanted to be a Lawyer. Yet, she messed around in High School. Hung with the people who don't give a $%?# about their future, or don't do nothing at all. Now, she's a secretary at some farming company sitting at a desk all day.

As years go by and you enter into higher grades, they do get harder. But if you pay attention, you'll understand it, and get it done with. Then you won't have problems finding jobs later on and you'll be able to choose something you want to do in College/University.

You only get one shot at life, so take advantage of what your school offers, and no matter how much your teacher says you'll fail.. Ignore it. Do your work, and you'll succeed.
09/23/2014 3:55 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Floppypancake31
Everyone else here is being too damn soft about this.

Your GCSE's are to filter out all the idiots trying to make it into their A levels. If you're scared your friends will abandon you because you're actually putting some effort in, and not sitting around with your thumb in your mouth, then they are not your friends.

"Oh no! I can't sit with anyone at lunch!" Oh poor you, an hour (ish) of your day without sitting with your friends that shouldn't be your friends? How hard on you that must be.

You say you're moving school. Make new friends there (who actually try and will not end up working in a place with minimum wage).

You've got to keep remembering, no matter how much it might seem like it, this is not a video game. There is no restart button. Screw up your life, and there is barely anything you can do to unscrew it. It's like crumpling a piece of paper. Sure, you can un-crumple it, but it will never look the same as a piece of paper that hasn't been scrunched into a ball.

Basically, pull yourself together. Keep your attitude like that, and you'll end up in a minimum wage job (surprise surprise, no money to buy a PC to play video games. I'm assuming you like video games... you're on a Minecraft site).
09/23/2014 3:40 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Poshtoffee
Frankly if that's your attitude, fine. But Never stop others around who do actually wan't to succeed and have goals.
09/23/2014 3:19 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
LuxLacis

All you need are 5 grades C+ and you're set into college.
09/23/2014 3:16 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Your friends probably won't care if you put some effort in and if they are offended then they are kinda crappy friends. That sounds like the kind you will probably drop out of your life when you leave that school, are they really worth appeasing when they will probably not be a part of your future anyway?

Why don't you stand up for yourself a little, I seriously cannot imagine people being bothered by you putting some effort into your work. You don't need to be a nerd or study a lot, just do minimum effort. It also sounds like you misbehave too which is not needed at all.
09/23/2014 2:58 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
Vocashiny
You should try a little bit. Not saying you should work yourself to exhaustion, but just take a bit of time to pay attention in class and such
I've never really had this problem. I'm labelled as one of those 'smart people', and I have sensible friends, so I don't really get picked on because people think I'll fry them with my magic brain or something xD I do try at school, and the main thing is just pay attention. If you know what you're doing and what's going on in the lesson, that's usually enough to get you through :3 It's ok to slack off a little and chat as long as you finish what you're doing and you're happy with the standard!
Also, your friends really need to start realising that they don't live in game- this is life. Good grades = good job = good money = good life!
(Lol, just made that up. I call it 'The formula of life'' xD)
09/23/2014 2:57 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Star
Why would what your friends do matter? Are you choosing to neglect your education because they would judge you for doing otherwise? If so, don't even consider them your friends. It'll be painful to have them leave you, (yes, i know from experience) but it will be worth it in the end, if you decide to keep going. I'm sure that you will find other friends in your present school ( or new school, since you're moving) that actually know what they're doing with their lives. The best of luck to you.
09/23/2014 2:51 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Ninja
DatFox
09/23/2014 2:50 pm
Level 47 : Master Electrician
Pishleback
Basicly GCSE is for filtering out all the the dumb people who dont give a shit. They are really easy if you just put in some effort and pay attention.
09/23/2014 2:47 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
GCSE's were easy. Just do the notes you're told to do in class and at least bother to do the homework.
At the end of the day, nothings stopping you from trying apart from you being lazy. If you bother to put the effort in you'll do well, if you don't like doing homework then good luck explaining that to your future employees when they ask why you didn't do well.
09/23/2014 2:41 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
09/23/2014 2:40 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
I don't understand this year 10/ year 11 thing. Is he in high school? If so, how many years in High school.
09/23/2014 2:42 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome