Side buttons (buttons 4 & 5) not working?

ValleyDew's Avatar ValleyDew5/22/17 5:12 pm
1 emeralds 5.3k 6
5/28/2017 11:47 pm
ValleyDew's Avatar ValleyDew
So somewhat recently I got a new mouse (it's the mouse from the Devastator II Gaming Keyboard by Cooler Master, this one. ), and so far it's great. The problem is that the two side buttons (which go forward or backward in a browser and in Windows Explorer) didn't properly work when I tried to set them to my zoom button (from OptiFine) and my toggle perspective. I set the zoom to Button 5, and it worked fine, but when I would press button 4, it would instead zoom and not un-zoom. I then replaced zoom to Z (what I originally had it at) but the toggle perspective would still fail to function, and only sometimes switched, but after a while. So now I don't have anything set for those two buttons, but I want to use them. Why are they not properly functioning? Thanks.
ValleyDew
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/27/2017 11:33 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
what way are they not working, are they being set and not working or not being set to start with
05/28/2017 11:47 pm
ValleyDew
So, like I said before, I set my zoom key to button five (the one that goes forward in a browser) and set my toggle perspective key to button 4 (the one that goes backward in a browser), and when I tried to toggle my perspective, it didn't work; when I started to spam it, it would change, but only slowly, so then I waited for it to go to normal. I tried the zoom key, and it would work, but instead only get stuck (the button didn't get stuck, my screen would be stuck zoomed in), and I would have to press it again to un-zoom. After that, I pressed the toggle perspective key to see if it was just malfunctioning before, and it instead zoomed in. So then I reset both of the keys to what I originally had them set to, and they worked fine. So now I have both of those mouse buttons un-set to anything, but I would like to have them work properly.
TL;DR they are being set and not working.
05/27/2017 8:07 pm
ValleyDew
I wanna use them in Minecraft, and whenever I set a keybind to one of the two side buttons, they don't work properly.
05/23/2017 11:20 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
change the keybindings in what ever application you want to use them in to the buttons?
05/23/2017 7:43 pm
ValleyDew
Aw man, I wanted to use 'em, though. Isn't there somethin' I can do for it?
05/22/2017 7:13 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd
Filip96
I had the Devastator I and the same problem. I figured out that those buttons are not configurable and are permanently set to back and forth in web browsers or other applications.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome