Skin Creation

CyroX59's Avatar CyroX598/29/15 7:50 pm
1 emeralds 218 4
8/29/2015 9:07 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
Recently, I made and posted a skin based off of the Dread Fighter class in Fire Emblem. However, this skin was taken down for "copying another skin" which is completely false. I spent my time creating this skin, and finding where to post it and once I do, it gets taken down for being unoriginal. This is completely unjust, and it should never have happened. This is the skin if anyone wants to see it:
CyroX59
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/29/2015 8:14 pm
Level 43 : Master Skinner
Phetagorah
Contact the site mod who took down your post and ask him/her why he/she took down that post. If that doesn't work, contact a super mod.

Though, I also believe that your skin was removed due to the fact that it has a Steve head on it. Since Steve was created for MC and MC was formerly owned by Mojang and currently owned by Microsoft, it's understandable for me that steve belongs to said company. It's unoriginal because you cropped a head from an already made skin. Though, I'm on no one's side here.
08/29/2015 8:04 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
CyroX59
Well thank you for understanding, the body obviously was made 100% by me. However, I wasn't sure what to put for the head so I did just leave it Steve. But would that really be the cause of it being taken down?
08/29/2015 9:07 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Yes. You can only upload content you created entirely by yourself. Including any part of a default texture breaks that rule.
08/29/2015 7:58 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Skinner
Super_Horace
I see your problem. You used Steve's face. A skin is technically required to be totally origin, though I am on your side. I'm in no power to change the rules, but I would loosen up the rules a bit if I were in charge. Not completely--it's just that even I have a skin that's a remix. It's changed a ton and very personalized, but I still won't post it because of site rules. I think remixes should be allowed at least to the extent where they bring fresh, new changes and do a lot to remake the skin. Oh well
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome