1000 slots Skyblock server looking for Staff

nickpauwels1988's Avatar nickpauwels198810/31/13 5:28 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 24
11/25/2013 3:23 am
TheYoloMoose's Avatar TheYoloMoose
Skyblock server looking for various staff
Server concept:

• Skyblock server running original maps for different levels of membership.
  • Hub server with access to Plotme creative world and minigames.
  • Connected inventories between hub and Skyblock world
  • Connected economy

Hi all, with this thread I am hoping to add some skilled and motivated players into our staff team. My hopes for this project is to create a succesfull server with an average player count of around 100 connected players during peak hours.

The server is currently home based. This will only be during set up as it makes things easier for me to handle the backend before uploading the server to a more permanent location. On release the server will be professionally hosted and will have in house DDos Mitation. The expected server specs for the first couple of months from launch will be around the following: 36Gb ram, 3.4Ghz 4 Core 8 threads cpu. All servers would run from one machine.

In the future our setup will allow several servers to be chained together. Allowing for a better network spread. But still all players will be able to gather up at the hub to do their inter server trading.

the following positions are open.
  • Plugin developer(s)
  • Plugin managers
  • Graphical artists
  • Map Builder(s)
  • Assistants(help new players find their way)

Plugin Developers

No server can survive without dedicated coders. For general fixing of balancing issues and preventing exploits we need a skilled and confident coder to aid us with his or her talents. Apart from general fixes we expect from this person that they aid in thinking of new ideas and expand the servers offer of minigames.

To apply for this position please provide the information requested.
If prefered you can send a personal message.

NAME:
MINECRAFT NAME:
SKYPE CONTACT:
PREVIOUS CODING FEATS:
- Github
- Bukkit profile
- Etc

Plugin Managers

Managing a big server with numerous things happening at once we need a team of skilled administrators who work on plugins and help implement them on our servers. We are in need of talented, smart people who know how to work their way around difficult problems and are quick to figure out complex plugins.

• Implement plugins for use on our server
  • Must be capable of running a test server for setup purposes
  • Preferably has experience running servers and configuring various plugins

NAME:
MINECRAFT NAME:
SKYPE CONTACT:
PREVIOUS SERVERS AND POSITIONS MANNED
  • Server name
  • Position on server
  • Your job on server
  • Are you currently staff on any server?

SERVER ACCESS LEVEL
  • In game OP: Yes/No
  • Console access: Yes/No
  • Front end FTP Access: Yes/No
  • Front end management access: Yes/No (Multicraft,Spacebukkit, etc...)
  • Back end management access: Yes/No (Server remote desktop, SSH access)

Map builder

We are looking for talented and creative builders to work on arenas and minigame maps. For this position you will be able to work on your own map or in a team with other builders. You will be given Full rights on the build map and will have any tool you deem nessesary.

NAME:
MINECRAFT NAME:
SKYPE CONTACT:
YOUR PMC ACCOUNT WILL BE REVIEWED BY OUR CURRENT STAFF. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE SOME BUILDS LISTED.

Assistant

To help get this server off the ground we are accepting 10 new assistants. These players will get my personal guidance in how certain features work and why they work like so. This is a semi-Staff position where your main task in the future will be filtering out work for the moderating team. We also count on these people to help with launch event promotions.

To apply

NAME:
SKYPE CONTACT:

SKYBLOCK EXPERIENCE:

Personal questions:
Do you use any social media to talk about minecraft?
ie: Twitter, Facebook, Youtube,...

Do you keep contact with people you meet on minecraft servers?

Are you staff on any minecraft servers?

How much time per day can you dedicate to helping this server?

Graphical artist

We need a talented graphics artist to work on our servers promotional images. We are looking for a person with digital painting skills and also for a photoshop expert. Please apply for this position. This can be commission based per digital artwork.

To apply

NAME:
SKYPE CONTACT:

SAMPLES OF WORK (provide at least 3 images (minecraft related))
nickpauwels1988
Level 21 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2013 3:23 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
TheYoloMoose
NAME:Mustanshe(IGN)(IRL)Phoenix
SKYPE CONTACT: Soz don't have it

MINECRAFT EXPERIENCE:playing since 1.2
SKYBLOCK EXPERIENCE:Very skilled at it
11/25/2013 3:10 am
nickpauwels1988
I sent you a contact request tegan
11/22/2013 1:52 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Pandoo00
Assistant

Name: Tegan
Skype Contact/Name: doggyluv090
Minecraft Experience: I have been a assistant on other servers before and I love to help others who need help on the servers. Iv'e been a minecraft player for 7 years and really enjoy it.
Skyblock Experience: At first I used to struggle with figuring out how to do skyblock but after some time I finally got it and now I am great at skyblock. I help others at their skyblock when they need it.

Personal Questions:

Social Media: I don't currently use social media to talk about minecraft but I am gonna be starting a website that focuses on minecraft.

Contact: In some cases, I do keep contact with people I meet on the minecraft servers.

Staff: No I am not currently staff on any other servers, and I would really like to get this job.

Time Dedication: I can dedicate a LOT of time to this server. I get on everyday after school and I spend at least 3 hours on minecraft each day. I would be able to spend a lot of time on this server and dedicate a lot of my time to it.

Extra: Thank you and please message me! I would love to work as an assistant on your server and I can help with anything else you may need!
11/21/2013 9:11 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
ViperCobra
Graphic designer

NAME: Idk what you mean IGN: ViperCobra First name: Tom (What I go by)
SKYPE CONTACT: platinumcake

SAMPLES OF WORK (provide at least 3 images (minecraft related))

All I do right now is YT thumbnails but I can do more if you want

http://imgur.com/ryeVpFy
This album has one channel art in it:
http://imgur.com/a/hlUtL
11/21/2013 6:50 pm
nickpauwels1988
bump
11/20/2013 6:05 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
gabe4356
Plugin Developer:

NAME: gabe
MINECRAFT NAME: gabelin
SKYPE CONTACT: gabe straw
AGE: 11 (Dont underestimate my age..please...I get denied for a lot of things when people have no idea how mature I actually am, they're just like "Ok, nope")

PREVIOUS CODING FEATS:
- Github I do not have github
- Bukkit profile http://dev.bukkit.org/home/
- Etc Am I doing this app. right?
11/20/2013 3:36 pm
nickpauwels1988
Added assistant position
11/11/2013 4:51 pm
nickpauwels1988
nice spam bro
11/11/2013 2:51 pm
nickpauwels1988
Contacted via skype

UPDATE
1000-slots-network-looking-for-early-access-community-t326265.html
11/08/2013 12:49 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
baugh70
NAME: Zach
MINECRAFT NAME: Baugh70
SKYPE CONTACT: athabaugh (don't ask why )

PREVIOUS CODING FEATS:
- http://github.com/baugh70/
- http://dev.bukkit.org/profiles/baugh70
- I do private plugins as well, such as this.

NAME: Zach
MINECRAFT NAME: Baugh70
SKYPE CONTACT: athabaugh (again please don't ask )

Server name: Well HMGMC, CandyCraft, My own personal server, and Cylum
Position on server: Admin CoOwner, Owner and Devolper
Your job on server: Owner
Are you currently staff on any server?: Yes. One.

SERVER ACCESS LEVEL

In game OP: Yes, So I can reload plugins and test them out as well. Helps a lot to check for bugs, and to check to see if players have access to certain commands as well as
Console access: Yes/No
Front end FTP Access: Yes. I need this to upload custom plugins made by any of our developers and to do configurations as well as any errors and essential work.
Front end management access: Yes. Please get Multicraft. It makes it easy to access files and edit configurations and such. I am able to see the console so it does not require backend access, in case you are unsure of me creating backdoors or anything. That being said, Multicraft is optimal.
Back end management access: Not with Multicraft, I don't.
11/08/2013 12:36 pm
nickpauwels1988
Hi, we have closed our builders applications and have chosen to work with the people from Mithrintia instead. Thanks for the app though.
11/08/2013 11:39 am
Rene Frlan
?
11/08/2013 10:35 am
Rene Frlan
Pls im realy gret builder
11/08/2013 10:34 am
Rene Frlan
no sry nwm u need map builders ?
11/08/2013 10:33 am
Rene Frlan
NAME:Rene Frlan
MINECRAFT NAME:_ReneF_
SKYPE CONTACT: rene.frlan (pls add me if im in
11/08/2013 7:34 am
nickpauwels1988
Thanks for the app Peter, for this position I require people who can dedicate a large amount of their free time to this server though.
11/06/2013 7:32 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
poplawler
NAME: Peter
MINECRAFT NAME: xScouseShotz
SKYPE CONTACT: Efc.pb

Server name Crafters Retreat
Position on server Owner
Your job on server Doing abit of everything I guess

SERVER ACCESS LEVEL
In game OP: Yes, but not essential
Console access: Yes, but not essential although I don't like to just reload plugins stopping and starting the server is usually better as conflicts can be weeded out straight away.
Front end FTP Access: Yes this is my area of expertise, I like to use filezilla.
Front end management access: Yes
Back end management access: Yes

I offer my services just because I like to help and get more experienced at what I do and I guess i'm just that community person kinda guy. However I do have a server of my own to attend to which can be found at my website www.crafters-retreat.com
11/06/2013 7:06 am
nickpauwels1988
@xXCodeBossXx
Thanks for writing us that extensive yet obviously copy/pasted application. Since you took no time to read our post I will spend no time reading yours

@StrangleMonkey
Thanks for the app, I've seen no submissions of your previous work on your profile, do you have any maps posted elsewhere?
11/06/2013 6:58 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragon
StrangleMonkey
I would like to be a map builder
11/06/2013 6:57 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Taco
xXCodeBossXx
My Minecraft Profile!
MAP BUILDER / GRAPHICS
IGN: xXCodeBossXx
Plugin skills: 8
Permission skills: 7
Redstone skills:7
Minecraft skills: 10
Building skills: 9
Able to donate at least $10: no not yet but soon
Are you able to help: yes
Buycraft Skills: 7
Previous positions: Head Admin On two servers Admin on 3 And Mod on 5

Current positions: Head-mod on 1

Permission knowledge: Extensive since ran my own server for a while.

Command knowledge: I know most of the commands for the plugins that I use. (World Edit, World Guard, Essentials, LWC,Bending, Votifier, Factions, Core Protect, Almost any plugin I can figure out.

Reason we should pick you:
Well let me start out I'm 14 years of age I have a 10/10 maturity. I respect every person with the most upright respect and never less,When a player is abusing any staff like a mod or trainee this is not acceptable like asking for items or cussing intensely at them I will mute them or kick them depending on how intense it was or is and then tell what they had done wrong in order for me to take action so that they don't make the mistake again (the rules are the most essential part of a server) I can keep my cool in the toughest of situations and can be a strong leader I'm very good with permissions. If the owner or Whomever cannot Figure out how to use a plugin feel free to ask me I will figure out how to use any plugin. I think I'm a good builder I have built a few spawns in my day and new server build like statue's of the owner and/or shops. I have also run my own server when 1.2.5 was still the latest version and it was a quite a success (I couldnt afford to keep it up longer). I obey ever rank higher than me always and anytime if not to do this I will be honest to the owner that I have done so and prepare for a punishment (I will probably not disrespect anyone) , I also take both sides of a story before I take action. I get along with almost everyone even if they have made a bad first impression on me. Well thank you for reading this I hope you consider me to be apart of the staff on your server.

Additional Info ~
What makes you better than the rest:I have been playing minecraft for 2 years I know every single bukkit command there is inside out I have been using bukkit since 1.7 beta and I know almost every single plugin command also I have helped many people this is fun because you know that you have helped someone today.
How do you resolve issues: First of all I will take both sides of the 'story' and listen to both of the players When people are fighting it can be a tough situation it varies between the extreme swearer's and the one's that love to annoy staff in these situations I will remind them of the rules and teleport them to spawn, to continue this action they will be muted to exceed this kicked and/or banned
Experience:I have ran my owner server it was just a server for friends though, I have been staff on about 8 servers and have set up the whole ranks system on two, and Have been Co-owner on 2 really good servers, Head Admin on 3, Admin on 5 mod on 2, Trial mod on 1, and head mod on 1 but overall if i get staff on your server it would make my day because your server exceeds the rest
Why you want this rank?:I want to find a server where everyone is really nice and I can know that i'm helping out everyone on the server whenever I can but, also having fun like building, pvp, raiding.
Will you abuse powers: No I have been asked this alot and some people would have trust issues with promoting me but i just say why would I still be on your server, why would i be helping people right now if i was gonna cause chaos and why would i treat everyone with respect these are thing i do on every server i join if i fail to do one of these i will try to undo my action and be honest about it,but power abusing is one thing I will never do if i got admin on a server why would you want to abuse when you got lucky enough to get the postion on a great and friendly server there is no reason to abuse and I always hate people that do abuse, if i did which i will never do i would be honest because lying gets you no where I can be on every day almost
11/06/2013 6:55 am
nickpauwels1988
Bump, updated information and requirements
11/05/2013 5:04 pm
nickpauwels1988
sent you a message with skype details
11/04/2013 3:40 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Cake
MrJimmyjon3s1995
i'd like to apply for plugin manger, I use to manage the plugins for a gaming community aerisgaming the servers where;

walkingdead.aerisgaming.com
westernmc.aerisgaming.com

i currently have a private server we can do testing on
11/04/2013 2:45 pm
nickpauwels1988
updated with new positions available
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome