A Small Question for Everyone to Answer

DestructionE's Avatar DestructionE12/17/16 9:11 pm
1 emeralds 4.8k 86
2/1/2017 2:08 am
Zitzabis's Avatar Zitzabis
Question: If you were to meet a program that had preferences on almost everything and knowledge about it's creation and creator, what questions would you ask it about its preferences, its creator, and its creation?

Before you submit a question, ask yourself this: Am I asking a question specifically about it's creator, its creation, or a question about if it likes something or not? If the answer is no, maybe you should try again.

Rules (Please follow these so that you don't waste my time. I'm begging you guys.):
1. I actually can't believe I have to say this, but please use some semblance of proper grammar. Things like "r u col" are not acceptable. The proper way to say that would be "are you cool?". I won't get upset if you make a mistake or two, just at least try.
2. Please do not ask about food preferences. There are just too many foods, and it probably wouldn't even be able to taste them.

Notice: if you look through and see me referring people to a rule, it was most likely an older rule that no longer exists.

Curious if your question has already been asked? I am collecting from multiple places, so you may not see the question as a responses on this thread. Here is a list of the questions I have gathered.
Click to reveal
Do you prefer the concept of singular existence (being alone to exist), or dual/multi existence (being one of multiple beings to exist)?
What is your favorite color?
What is your name?
What language are you coded in?
How old are you?
Who created you?
Do you have any pets?
What are your hobbies?
Do you have a gender? If so, what is it?
What is your favorite food?
Are you going to hurt us?
Should we be scared of you?
Are you scared of us?
Are you going to wipe out humanity?
What is you're opinion on Communism and the Chinese Communist Party?
Who was it that made you?
How many times had they failed?
Is there anyone left from the development team to interview?
Which Star Wars movie do you prefer?
Who is your favorite character in Game of Thrones?
If you could have any of the three Deathly Hallows, which one would you pick?
What events have lead up to your creator being such a rude person?
Do you like Monty Python?
Do you like...
Do you like chickens?
Do you like dogs?
Do you like cats?
Do you like birds?
Do you like animals?
Do you like mammals?
Do you like trees?
Do you like horses?
Do you like goats?
Do you like sheep?
Do you like cows?
Do you like wolves?
Do you like lizards?
Do you like alligators?
Do you like crocodiles?
Do you like chinchillas?
Do you like ferrets?
Do you like farts and/or farting?
Do you like capybaras?
Do you like America?
Do you like whales?
Do you like narwhals?
Do you like dolphins?
Do you like Donald Trump?
Do you like trains?

If you have a question or something you want to say to ME, please send me a PM instead of replying to this thread. Please use the subject "A small question for everybody to answer" if it directly relates to this thread.
DestructionE
Level 31 : Artisan Magical Girl

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/01/2017 2:08 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
This thread has descended in depths of discord we can not return from.
Hence we shall end this with a question for all of us:

"Why can't we just follow the rules?"

/locked
02/01/2017 1:38 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
Alright.

Yeah, Okay.
I'll sate its hunger for dramatic grammar corrections, irate responses and a slight feeling of disgust in that oh so large superiority complex your simple program has somehow developed.

Say, would a program actually answer such questions while simultaneously graciously berating the generous volunteers who have answered the question you initially put forth to us, hoping to receive a well-informed response that is both well thought out and finely spelled, only to earn a series of disrespect and disregard that further enhances the integrity of its own preferences, thus driving a perpetual cycle that only ends when the OP finds that his engine of fun and excitement has run dry of attention.

So my main question to you, which cannot be solely answered with a simple sentence or sly remark, remains stupidly obvious, although this can be interpreted in many ways I do surely hope a profound, grammatically correct, superior AI such as yourself would have absolutely no trouble in answering it to the fullest of my own and your own expectations.

"Why?"
01/31/2017 7:41 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Seemingly, the key to getting a response from OP is to ask a question or questions that fits the rules, and then continue with your intended post.

Do you prefer the concept of singular existence (being alone to exist), or dual/multi existence (being one of multiple beings to exist)?

Before I get dinged for the no-complex-thought rule, it's not complex on a purely surface level; I'm questioning his/her/it's preference as to whether or not it thinks singular efficiency is more important than collective creativity.

And a message for OP:

Execution of justice, while certainly redeemable by the rules you've set, is only applicable and/or welcome in the context of the thread. The significance of your rules is then greatly undermined and devalued by the fact that this is a website meant, in part, for the recreational fun that exists between players of a specific game ("Minecraft", in this case). As such, your attitude towards the demographic that is expected to inhabit this site (and does) is one of superiority; while justified in the sense of greater grammatical skills, it is entirely unnecessary to act that way, when the grand majority of the [voluntary] participants in your "test" (or whatever this might be) are younger than you.

Summary of the above:

You're correcting 8-year-olds for their grammar and comprehension abilities. Give it a rest.
01/31/2017 11:06 pm
DestructionE
You never were going to get dinged, actually. Your thing has been added to the list, although I would like to ask for a tiny bit of clarification. you said: Do you prefer the concept of singular existence (being alone to exist), or dual/multi existence (being one of multiple beings to exist)? Now, when you say "being alone to exist" are you saying that the reason they exist is to be alone, or simply the idea of existing alone. I believe you are saying the latter, but I just want to make sure.

As to the next part: No. I will not give it a rest. The inability to understand a very simple question when you have been given the resources (me) to check if your question would be valid is not something that I will simply excuse, especially when people try to argue their side without providing a logical argument. If anyone can provide a logical argument to why I am wrong, and one that actually makes sense, I would be happy to admit that I was wrong. Now, I can understand that some people might not get it, which is why I constantly point out what is not valid, to try and help people understand. Thank you for your input, but I will not be following your advice.
02/01/2017 12:49 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
The latter.

That's a shame.
01/31/2017 5:25 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
"What are your thoughts on your creator, and their incredibly strict rules and slightly rude approach to many of those trying to help them?"

That one ain't on your list yet.
01/31/2017 5:14 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
What is your IQ?
01/31/2017 6:21 pm
DestructionE
Not an acceptable question. first, as a program, such a thing could not be measured in the first place, as IQ has to do with actual age vs relative age, which the program would technically have neither. Second, it does not ask about its preferences, its creator, or its creation. This one is non-disputable. If you have a complaint, send me a PM.

Silvania Studios"What are your thoughts on your creator, and their incredibly strict rules and slightly rude approach to many of those trying to help them?"

That one ain't on your list yet.

Once again, this is not technically asking about it's preferences, its creation, or its creator. You would be asking for a complex thought, something it is not capable of. So, it's not on the list because it is not valid. if you wish to dispute this, please send me a private message. If I determine that you are correct, then this message will be corrected.
01/30/2017 4:38 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
99% sure OP himself is an AI at this point.

Anyway: "What is your favourite colour?"
01/30/2017 4:10 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
Elemental CreationBump. Also,
illdeletethisare you intending to reproduce?

That is not an acceptable response. Unless you can prove that this actually fits with the question, your response will be ignored. If you wish to do this, please send me a Private message instead of doing this on the forum thread.

i meant it in the sense of the ai making copies, possibly slightly altered, of its software on similar hardware, or spread throughout the internet
01/30/2017 1:23 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
"are you, program/AI/bot, intending to reproduce?"
01/30/2017 1:02 pm
DestructionE
Bump. Also,
illdeletethisare you intending to reproduce?

That is not an acceptable response. Unless you can prove that this actually fits with the question, your response will be ignored. If you wish to do this, please send me a Private message instead of doing this on the forum thread.
01/29/2017 7:13 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
are you intending to reproduce?
01/29/2017 6:31 pm
DestructionE
Bump
01/21/2017 11:11 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon
MysticalEevee
Do you like trains?
(I am sorry if this was already on there, I was too lazy to check.)
01/21/2017 5:56 pm
DestructionE
Bump
01/18/2017 10:12 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
DragonBlaze__
Do you like alligators?
Do you like crocodiles?
Do you like chinchillas?
Do you like ferrets?
Do you like farts and/or farting?
Do you like capybaras?
Do you like America?
Do you like whales?
Do you like narwhalls?
Do you like dolphins?
Do you like Donald Trump?
01/18/2017 7:57 pm
DestructionE
Bump
01/17/2017 4:03 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
What is this question even for?
01/17/2017 4:13 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
inactiveaccount1
Who knows.
01/17/2017 3:06 pm
DestructionE
Bump
01/15/2017 4:03 am
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
Please don't derail this thread. It will be locked if you keep on posting off topic messages.
01/15/2017 1:42 am
DestructionE
Nitwick
Elemental Creation
I'd like to actually help you by pointing out that the beginning quotes on every quote got deleted somehow. I don't know if that was intentional. Also, they asked a question that had nothing to do with the thread, so I think my being upset is quite justified. If you disagree, Pm me.

If everyone was upset with every post that wasn't addressed at the explicit subject of the thread, the internet alone would have toggled World War 3. Certainly, the collective butthurt would be tremendous. Does your bot agree? ;p

He did actually ask a question (eventually, or was it the other fellow), and it doesn't seem to have failed any rules.

First: That is asking for an opinion, rather than a preference.

-snip-

Edit: Now that I actually went back and read, you should have been able to tell that the person that I was speaking about that did not follow the rules was not the person that I was talking to. You can tell because I referred to the person breaking the rules as "they" while talking directly to the other person. It is an easy thing to miss, and I myself have done it a few times. And now I know which question you were talking about. The question you were talking about did, in fact, follow the rules, and has been added to the list.
01/14/2017 6:02 pm
raidarr
Elemental Creation
I'd like to actually help you by pointing out that the beginning quotes on every quote got deleted somehow. I don't know if that was intentional. Also, they asked a question that had nothing to do with the thread, so I think my being upset is quite justified. If you disagree, Pm me.

If everyone was upset with every post that wasn't addressed at the explicit subject of the thread, the internet alone would have toggled World War 3. Certainly, the collective butthurt would be tremendous. Does your bot agree? ;p

He did actually ask a question (eventually, or was it the other fellow), and it doesn't seem to have failed any rules.
01/13/2017 10:01 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
ItzWulf
(sarcastic) Thank you for not using google to find an answer to your question, and (still sarcastic) for leaving a response to the actual thread question.[/quote]
You're so rude [/quote]
I think I'm allowed to be rude, given the amount of people who follow to refuse my simple rules. They don't have to, but not following them is rude to me, as it wastes my time. Also, that's not a question.[/quote]
You're asking for something Try and be nice This isn't a mean community...
What events have lead up to your creator being such a rude person?
01/12/2017 7:07 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
JohnSolo
MicrowavedPlumis a bump like a snip?

A snip is when someone posts an inappropriate or non-related reply on a thread, and a mod removes it.

Yeah, and a bump is something someone says on a forum thread to move it back to the top of the most recent posts so other/more people will view it.
Though you can only bump a forum thread once every 24 hours (1 day).
01/12/2017 5:02 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Taco
MicrowavedPlum
is a bump like a snip?
01/13/2017 7:43 pm
DestructionE
(sarcastic) Thank you for not using google to find an answer to your question, and (still sarcastic) for leaving a response to the actual thread question.
01/14/2017 5:39 pm
DestructionE
You're so rude [/quote]
I think I'm allowed to be rude, given the amount of people who follow to refuse my simple rules. They don't have to, but not following them is rude to me, as it wastes my time. Also, that's not a question.[/quote]
You're asking for something Try and be nice This isn't a mean community...
What events have lead up to your creator being such a rude person?[/quote]
01/13/2017 9:38 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
ItzWulf
You're so rude
01/13/2017 9:47 pm
DestructionE
I think I'm allowed to be rude, given the amount of people who follow to refuse my simple rules. They don't have to, but not following them is rude to me, as it wastes my time. Also, that's not a question.
01/12/2017 6:04 pm
inactiveaccount1
A snip is when someone posts an appropriate or non-related reply on a thread, and a mod removes it.
01/11/2017 11:33 pm
DestructionE
Bump
01/05/2017 6:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
_Cake_Studios_
Just wondering, is this for an experiment or something? Like why are we answering this question? This question may appear stupid or ignorant but I'm not sure, so thanks~

Questions for the program:
1. Why are you here?
2. Why were you created?
3. Do you have any questions for me?
4. Where do you live?
5. Do you have plans to destroy me?
01/06/2017 12:12 am
DestructionE
It's a long story that I would rather not get into because people will just start responding to that. Also, for 3-5 see updated rule 2.
01/05/2017 2:52 pm
DestructionE
Bump
01/01/2017 2:09 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Button Pusher
Aeselo
don't mind me I'm just looking for some ideas for roblox
12/31/2016 8:51 pm
DestructionE
Josh9722When your asking for help, it helps not to correct everyone's* grammar every time there's* a post. Maybe you could even say thanks :O

It would help if people use proper grammar so that I can definitely understand them. Also, I corrected your grammar in the quote.
12/31/2016 7:50 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
AusRealmsManagement
When your asking for help, it helps not to correct everyones grammar every time theres a post. Maybe you could even say thanks :O
12/31/2016 6:44 pm
DestructionE
Bump
12/29/2016 8:21 pm
DestructionE
Bump
12/28/2016 5:40 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Does the name Caroline mean anything to you?

On a more serious note, here are some real questions:
- Which Star Wars movie do you prefer?
- Who is your favorite character in Game of Thrones?
- If you could have any of the three Deathly Hallows, which one would you pick?
(Feel free to rephrase as necessary.)
12/28/2016 4:09 pm
DestructionE
Bump
12/27/2016 5:55 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
DarkReptile1010
For some reason these posts make me cringe
12/27/2016 10:07 am
inactiveaccount1
Same. I don't think anyone has posted a question without being corrected by the OP.
12/27/2016 3:37 pm
DestructionE
I agree as well. Although I believe there have been three posts that I have not corrected. Also, that's not a question
12/25/2016 7:24 pm
raidarr
An AI that was so picky about what it was capable of answering would be an AI I simply wouldn't ask questions of in the first place, to be honest.
12/25/2016 8:54 pm
DestructionE
It had been changed to a program that is only capable of answering these types of questions.
12/25/2016 11:30 pm
raidarr
Which begs another question. Who would use such a program when there are other, far more intelligent programs/AIs able to answer a far greater variety of questions?

I just don't see the use for such a thing, nor would I see any point in asking a program something that other software can do better. It's still basically like an AI, only non-competitive in any regard.
12/27/2016 3:00 am
DestructionE
This isn't supposed to be a case of what is better than it. Its just supposed to be a program to can generate a non-random preference on everything. It's not supposed to be a chat not or anything, just something that creates a preference and tells you what it is. Although it can give you information on its creator and creation.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome