Snapshots: ArmorStand to armor_stand corrupts many things.

Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter8/24/16 7:46 am
1 emeralds 114
It's useless to write what I wrote again. The title says what it's about and I need a lot of support.
Mojang Bug Report
ArmorStand to armor_stand entity ID

So before deleting this bug report:
I know this is not a bug, but it's so annoying for probably any command blocker that it should be addressed...

Almost all possible entity IDs used in the new snapshots are the same compared to 1.10, since it doesn't matter if and where you capatalize the ID.

eg... Arrow works for minecraft:arrow

But a key entity in most redstone/command contraptions is the ArmorStand (now changed to armor_stand) and FallingSand (now changed to falling_block).

A lot of contraptions will break in the new releases and are just a pain in the *** to convert to the new format... It gets even worse because of the selector argument "type=" that needs conversion as well.

I don't have much projects, but I do have some and a vanilla server, completely modified with commands. And now I am at this position of being repelled to do more projects witht he following reasons:
◾The server needs so much to be worked on...
◾I don't feel like doing more projects, since I need to work with the new entity IDs and idk if they will stay this way.
◾If I do stick to the old format, it only exists until the next release (maybe?) and it's just a waste of time.

Please revert changes to some Entity IDs,
or make the old syntax compatable with newer versions
or hand out an external tool that converts all command blocks in a world.

Sorry to bug you with a non-bug report...
- Bertiecrater

My Server News chat (tl;dr)
NEW SNAPSHITS
Omg this is the worst... Some people know that ArmorStands are used for a lot of contraptions...
Unfortunately the ID: "ArmorStand" needs to be changed for "armor_stand" in the new snapshit.
(...)
Also, any other one command creations and maps created by other people, together with other vanilla servers will become corrupt. This also counts for my own maps. (including slyther.io)
(...)

Please all visit this page and hit the vote button on the top right!
https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-106479?filter=-2

Thanks for your support!
Bertiecrafter
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer