Snowy Mausoleum and Crypt (Nyvarld Spotlight)

Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun8/8/13 6:31 am
1 emeralds 493 7
8/19/2013 9:28 am
Spookyhappyfun's Avatar Spookyhappyfun
Hi all!

Today I wanted to share with you a post spotlighting another of the unique builds found in the land of Nyvarld, the survival adventure map featuring well over 100 new structures and builds to discover and explore..

Last time we looked at a Giant Glowstone Tree.

Other spotlight posts include the Forest Graveyard.

This time we'll be taking a look at a Snowy Mausoleum and Crypt!

The exterior is based a build from Sir_Terrible (source and permission here) that I found on Google. From there I decided to turn it into a mausoleum with a crypt below.

Though the original was just a devastated shell of a building designed for PVP, I thought it looked like a solemn old mausoleum, so that's what I turned it into.I left the exterior basically the same, though, without the old deteriorated look of the original.

Entering the building. In the back are stairs up and down.

Going up to the second floor. The sarcophagi upstairs belong to former royalty of some sort. Perhaps a duke and his duchess.

Downstairs in the crypt there are a couple of sarcophagi in the main room and an entryway leading off to another room.

In the second room we see a sarcophagus in the middle of the room with coffins lining the walls. Bats also love the darkness of this room. I wonder if other mobs would as well?

It will take a little bit of digging to unseal these coffins, but there's bound to be some secrets and treasures buried with the deceased. Maybe even a hidden passageway.

A view of the mausoleum at night from across the frozen river.

That's all for now, but stay tuned as I post more Spotlights showcasing more of the structures and locations dotting the landscape of Nyvarld!

And feel free to diamond or comment if you see anything you like.

Thanks!
Spookyhappyfun
Level 23 : Expert Crafter