No sound

pokekirby67's Avatar pokekirby677/13/14 5:41 pm
7/18/2014 4:36 am
Khanye's Avatar Khanye
I noticed my sound isn't working. I have no headset in. I have a built in mic and stereo. When I started up my computer, I went to play a game and no sound came out. Then when I tried to record sound with sound recorder, it said no mic was found. When I tried skype sound test service it wouldn't let me call it. After numerous restarts to my computer, I went on youtube and sound came from the video. Then, I closed the window and went to play the game again. It had no sound. I went back to the same youtube video and It didn't have sound. Please help, this has been bugging me.
Some snips that might be useful:

I'm using a windows 8 laptop, I don't actually know much about this computer but can find out if you ask.
and yes, my speakers and system sound is on and high
pokekirby67
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2014 4:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Khanye
F3 + S fixes almost all sound issues,

07/13/2014 10:00 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Architect
xer0
The make and model, like my old laptop is an HP Compaq CQ61-411WM.
You can find it on a sticker on the bottom of the machine.
07/13/2014 6:19 pm
pokekirby67
xer0
pokekirby67-snip-
I'm using a windows 8 laptop, I don't actually know much about this computer but can find out if you ask.

Looks like your audio driver is messed up.
Google your laptop model, go to the manufacturer's website, look for something like "Drivers & Downloads," and download the sound driver, install, and if required, reboot. Let us know your results afterward.

laptop model as in...?
07/13/2014 6:14 pm
xer0
pokekirby67-snip-

Looks like your audio driver is messed up.
Google your laptop model, go to the manufacturer's website, look for something like "Drivers & Downloads," and download the sound driver, install, and if required, reboot. Let us know your results afterward.
07/13/2014 6:06 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
If you're using a lap top, it's possible that the fan or the area where to the sound comes from got dirty or something. Something could be interfering with that. My mom's lap top had messed up sound for a while and we discovered that the fan and the sound area (forgot what it would be called) was dirty. We cleaned that out and it helped.
07/13/2014 6:16 pm
xer0
It doesn't work like that. The "sound area" as you call it, would most likely be the speakers. And if they were dirty, it wouldn't just kill his sound unexpectedly. Worse case scenario would be that the speakers buzzed.
And a dirty fan wouldn't stop the speakers from playing, it would just make his machine run hotter, and possibly overheat.
07/13/2014 5:51 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
having the same problem but its just the animals not making noise everything else is fine
07/13/2014 5:53 pm
pokekirby67
this isn't just minecraft. check you're resource pack maybe, or go to sounds in options and look at passive creatures, i dont remember
07/13/2014 5:46 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
Perhaps the setting for the sound in the game has been turned off?
07/13/2014 5:49 pm
pokekirby67
nope, tried that...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome