StaffMyServer.com -- [REVOLUTION In Server Recruiting]

billyjoel54's Avatar billyjoel543/23/17 1:02 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 35
4/16/2017 11:46 am
billyjoel54's Avatar billyjoel54
Anyone who's been behind the scenes of building and/or running a server knows, finding staff is HARD.

So I've built a website to take the difficulty out of finding staff, and bring potential staff and server owners together in one place...

Meet StaffMyServer.com, the NEW way to find Minecraft server staff!

• Server owners post their job openings right on our site and include information they would like from applicants.

• Potential staff members can search for servers by keywords, category, or even world regions.

• Once an applicant has found a server they would like to apply to, they can easily contact the owner right from the listing page.

• Server owners can see all of their applicant's messages from the message center.

In the end, everything is easier for servers and applicants, taking the frustration out of Minecraft server staffing!

Our community is just starting to grow, so if you're a server owner or you're looking for a server staff position, come join us and create an account!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me at support@staffmyserver.com, I'd be happy to help you.

See you online!
billyjoel54
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/16/2017 11:46 am
billyjoel54
Woops, sorry, wasn't watching this thread lately. No it's not dead, but there's a temporary speed bump— spent a week in the hospital with my wife and we're having a baby in the next two weeks... I've been thinking about finding someone who could help me with advertising though because growth with this is largely based on momentum.
04/10/2017 11:12 am
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Is this project dead?
04/04/2017 11:56 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
For the record, finding staff is very easy.

Finding competent staff is the trouble. >.>
04/03/2017 8:34 pm
Leeberator
How's development coming along?
03/25/2017 5:02 pm
Leeberator
Loving the updates so far!
03/25/2017 11:37 pm
billyjoel54
With all the things I've done in the last couple days I'm still dragging my feet on expanding the categories... not really looking forward to that monotony.
03/25/2017 1:58 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Indraft
It looks like Indeed, a job searching/publishing website imo
03/25/2017 10:32 am
billyjoel54
Well, if the boot fits haha
03/24/2017 7:40 pm
Level 1 : New Network
ketchup112112
You should add a players online feature since most people don't want to work on completely empty servers.
03/25/2017 1:03 am
billyjoel54
Not a bad idea. It would be quite a bit of work to get something like that working here, but it's a good idea.
03/25/2017 1:13 am
Leeberator
You should be able to use the query feature built-in to the Minecraft server. It operates on UDP and is typically on the same port as the server itself.
03/25/2017 10:31 am
billyjoel54
Alright well I'll definitely check that out then when the time comes. At the moment though I've got plenty of little bugs to fix. Added a ton of new stuff in the last day though, check out the changelog: http://staffmyserver.com/index.php?page=page&id=62&lang=en_US
03/24/2017 6:32 pm
billyjoel54
So unfortunately what I did to fix the obnoxious load time issue brought back the category selection issue... as of right now I guess I'll have to choose between the lesser of two evils.
03/24/2017 6:09 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
litebans
-snip-
03/24/2017 6:04 pm
Leeberator
I'm getting this error when trying to update my server description:

The server name field isn't visible on the edit screen, so I cannot re-enter the server name.
03/24/2017 6:26 pm
billyjoel54
Aww man... I've dealt with this issue already, I don't know what brought it back so I'll have to do some digging. The issue is actually with the category selection though. If you look in your image, the category drop down is gone. The rest of the custom fields appear when a category is selected (because some could be different), and because you can't select one the rest doesn't appear... I'll get right on it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
03/24/2017 12:10 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
*I haven't read all the comments on here, so excuse me if I repeat...**

Maybe you could do something sorta like LinkedIn? People set up profiles and such aswell. Just an idea.
03/24/2017 12:20 pm
billyjoel54
It has been suggested, but no worries. Expanding the user profiles is on the to-do list but it'll take a bit more of an overhaul so it's a little farther down.

If you want to see the changes that have been made in the last few days and see what's planned you can visit the changeog:
http://staffmyserver.com/index.php?page=page&id=62&lang=en_US

Also feel free to hit the contact form on that page and send me a suggestion. They're always welcome!
03/24/2017 10:58 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
"StaffMyServer.com hears you, we know you want that staff which is going to take you to the next level. Now I can't interview everyone out there and put them in front of you, but I can bring all your options in one place."

It's a little odd to go from the royal "We" to first person over a pair of sentences.
03/24/2017 12:13 pm
billyjoel54
I've been fighting so hard not to write 'we' on things I swear haha. Normally you read it like that on most things because it actually IS a team of people (which this eventually will be), but right now it is just me. I guess I missed one, thanks for catching that.
03/23/2017 9:41 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
rrenode
You have essentially attempted to create a Linkedin but for Minecraft. I really love the concept, but I think that you should also allow developers and builders etc. to be able to put up there applications. With that, current staff can search for applicable staff AND/OR developers, builders etc. can search for possible openings. Base it off Linkin a bit more.
03/24/2017 12:11 pm
billyjoel54
I've been thinking about doing something similar and putting up a category for build team recruitment, but when you put it that way I see more of an importance, especially with devs. Also been thinking about a kind of "shop" category like some forums have where people offer their services... it's in the works. Definitely going to ad a few extra things though. Thanks for the input!
03/23/2017 7:55 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
TechEdison
DANGIT you took my website idea!!!

Props to you for implementing it first!

If you ever need a co-website-manager you know where to find me
03/24/2017 12:07 pm
billyjoel54
I've actually been mulling it over for quite a while and I was surprised no one had done it yet, so when I had the opportunity I totally went for it haha.
03/23/2017 6:50 pm
Leeberator
zombieeatsyourface
The categories that are there right now are fairly tentative. Quite soon I'm going to scour the internet for every category title I can find and sort them all out on there. At the moment though I'm taking some time to build an audience and get feedback now that I've got a decent framework.

Sounds good!
03/23/2017 6:06 pm
billyjoel54
LeeTheENTP
zombieeatsyourface
Actually I really like that idea. It would keep things simple and uniform (which is one of my main goals) while letting them use their own options. I definitely like it. It would require some more advanced modifications though. So maybe not right away, but I tink that definitely made the to-do list.

Sweet, I'm glad to hear it'll be added.

Also, I feel like it would make more sense to use separate SMP and factions categories as opposed to the overarching "land claim" category.

The categories that are there right now are fairly tentative. Quite soon I'm going to scour the internet for every category title I can find and sort them all out on there. At the moment though I'm taking some time to build an audience and get feedback now that I've got a decent framework.
03/23/2017 6:01 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
Wow, this is really cool! I'll use it once I get my server up and running
03/23/2017 4:08 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
So besides the shortage of good staff members,
what about the motivation for being staff?
You can make a staff position advertising site, but if you have no people who want to become staff, there is nothing to it.

In my opinion, players only want to become staff if:
- They can show their power: either so much power that they basically own the server (status), or just enough for them to abuse it (influence).
- They get money in return: Although, by the time you can offer them money, you can make your own website
- They get staff on a big server and can be proud of being staff on there.
- They are just very good friends who actually enjoy playing on the server.

And whether you chat in mc, or have an application process... how do you know when you can trust people? I think it's easier to judge that after chatting and playing, in comparison to a one-time submission.
03/23/2017 5:59 pm
billyjoel54
I see your points, and it does make sense. The goal of this website though is to simplify the search for both server owners and staff by making a website entirely dedicated to connecting the two (as opposed to owners posting on 2-4 different forums and checking messages, replies, and comments on each). This of course will only be plausibly effective once a significant audience has built, but this comes in time.
The message system can be used for longer conversations, but ultimately yes, it is supposed to lead to an in-game conversation. The contact forms are just a quicker, simpler way of contacting.

Thank you for your input by the way, I really do appreciate the analysis.
03/23/2017 4:32 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
AndGK
You have a valid point, but I also seen people that want to be a staff member just to show-off that they got that green or yellow "Helper" rank. So they can say that I'm better than you are.

Great idea, I would love to use if there were more attention to the website, i.e. more people visiting it.
03/23/2017 1:44 pm
billyjoel54
That's not a bad idea, I can see how some wouldn't want to let go of the setup they already have on maybe their own website or a google form. One easy way to fix that would be to add an "Application Link" slot for the listings and make it optional? Thanks for the feedback!
03/23/2017 5:57 pm
Leeberator
Perhaps there could be a field when creating a server listing where the server owner has the option to include their own staff application link. Each listing could have an "Apply Now" button that would either take the user to the server's own site to apply, or, if no custom link is provided, to the Staff My Server page for contacting the server owner.
03/23/2017 6:02 pm
billyjoel54
Actually I really like that idea. It would keep things simple and uniform (which is one of my main goals) while letting them use their own options. I definitely like it. It would require some more advanced modifications though. So maybe not right away, but I tink that definitely made the to-do list.
03/23/2017 6:03 pm
Leeberator
Sweet, I'm glad to hear it'll be added.

Also, I feel like it would make more sense to use separate SMP and factions categories as opposed to the overarching "land claim" category. It'll make it easier for people to find those types of servers.
03/23/2017 1:37 pm
Leeberator
This seems like a great idea, but I have one suggestion. Many servers already have a staff application process, so I think there should be an option to direct applicants to a server's staff application page instead of having them use this site's messaging system.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome