Star Wars Battlefront beta

Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator10/10/15 1:25 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 29
10/15/2015 10:27 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
I've been playing the Battlefront beta for the past few days, and so far I'm loving it. I feel like it does a phenomenal job of putting you in the shoes of a soldier, moreso than the previous installments.

Destructible terrain is something I've been waiting for in a Star Wars game for a while (though my dad had been big on that since we first got Battlefront II), and DICE has made that possible through their Frostbite engine.

What do you guys think of the game? I can't wait for its release.

Here's me trying out the Survival mode:

Leeberator
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/15/2015 10:27 pm
Leeberator
It's only been 3 days since I last played and I'm already feeling symptoms of withdrawal.
10/12/2015 1:21 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
Oh yeah, it's super great, I'm also super super great at it, as this screenshot shows.
10/12/2015 1:22 pm
Leeberator
Orbital strike incoming! Get down! THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD
10/12/2015 1:15 pm
Leeberator
Candlebor
I'd like to see it do well, and as long as they can fix the issues with teamwork it should be able to. I just worry it might not happen since it's a month until launch.

They definitely aren't doing much to encourage teamwork in the beta, but yesterday I saw some impressive teamwork during a few matches. Unfortunately, one match it was just the other team working together for a good amount of time and we almost got stomped, lol.
10/12/2015 3:31 am
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
CaptainMurica
There's still working multiplayer for Battlefront II; just look online for a patch.

There are no classes in the new game I guess because it allows players to have more control over what they use. When the main game comes out there will be a lot more weapons, tools, and abilities to choose from. One is a sniper rifle, and I imagine there will be more team items (in addition to the squad shield) as well as items for messing with vehicles.

I agree that the teamwork aspect isn't completely there, but then again this was the case for Battlefront II. In the new game at least there is a buddy system.

Yeah, I had it on my old PC but I haven't bothered getting it on this one yet.

I hope so. As of yet I'm not sold on it but if there's enough variation in them that could be interesting. In the beta everything was combat oriented which turned me off, as I said. Hopefully you're right and there will end up being more team items!

I'd like to see it do well, and as long as they can fix the issues with teamwork it should be able to. I just worry it might not happen since it's a month until launch.
10/11/2015 2:44 pm
Leeberator
CandleborGraphics, sound, and map design, (though not particularly level design. Just the map aesthetics.) are completely stunning. Gunplay is decent, it did the impossible and made energy weapons feel fun to use and powerful. Even in Battlefront 2 they weren't super satisfying to use.

I'm probably gonna get told to "take off my rose tinted glasses," but frankly I still prefer battlefront 2. I still play it fairly often, though the multiplayer is down now so it's just not the same.

I don't prefer it for being complex, nor do i claim it is. It's not.

I just miss actual teamwork. In the new battlefront, I don't feel any kind of teamwork, and nothing is done to encourage it. The closest thing to teamwork is shooting at the enemies near your team. There's no ammo and health regenerates, so there's no support roles to fulfill. Almost all the star cards are oriented towards helping yourself or damaging enemies, with a few exceptions that help your team.

There's no classes, which was a huge turnoff for me. I don't mind not having 50 snipers sitting at the base, but even the cycler rifle is strange to me. I guess I just don't care for the cooldown system on cards, and think other ones make more sense and work better.

Vehicles are random and there's no engineers to heal or anything, so it's just luck of the draw. Multiple times, in fact. First, you have to hope someone on your team gets it, then you have to hope they can pilot a vehicle effectively.

Additionally, while it is just a beta, all the weapons felt the same to me. The heavy laser has a different zoom mode but that's really the only significant difference I saw. They were basically the same thing with altered skins and stats. There were no other "Types", such as semi-automatic weapons, shotguns, etc. Once again, it's just a beta and might get more variety at launch so I won't hold it against the game much.

Basically, my problem with it is that the sense of teamwork is gone. It feels more about kills than working with your team now, which simply isn't what I enjoy. I'm glad others do though, and by no means do I want to bash the game or say it's "terrible" like some people. I think it's okay, but it's not my cup of tea and I felt like contributing my two cents

There's still working multiplayer for Battlefront II; just look online for a patch.

There are no classes in the new game I guess because it allows players to have more control over what they use. When the main game comes out there will be a lot more weapons, tools, and abilities to choose from. One is a sniper rifle, and I imagine there will be more team items (in addition to the squad shield) as well as items for messing with vehicles.

I agree that the teamwork aspect isn't completely there, but then again this was the case for Battlefront II. In the new game at least there is a buddy system.
10/11/2015 10:12 am
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
It seems like the game is trying too desperately to look cool to the detriment of it's other qualities, like characters and weapon variation.
10/12/2015 1:43 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
Don't forget, it's only the beta, there's gonna be a lot more in that area when the full game comes out.
10/11/2015 9:13 am
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
Awsome game! Runs on high with my GTX 750Ti and i3-4130! If I overclock a bit, I can get ultra! The graphics are really very pretty, even on the lowest settings. The sounds too. Oh man, they're really outstanding.
10/11/2015 1:47 am
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Jedi
I could write a thousand word review or just give you a photo.

10/11/2015 8:22 am
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
That looks amazing. Playing it right now and it looks unbelievable.
10/11/2015 8:03 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
10/11/2015 1:40 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Poro
Svenskeren
The game doesn't look fun other than stand there and shoot.
10/11/2015 1:20 am
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Graphics, sound, and map design, (though not particularly level design. Just the map aesthetics.) are completely stunning. Gunplay is decent, it did the impossible and made energy weapons feel fun to use and powerful. Even in Battlefront 2 they weren't super satisfying to use.

I'm probably gonna get told to "take off my rose tinted glasses," but frankly I still prefer battlefront 2. I still play it fairly often, though the multiplayer is down now so it's just not the same.

I don't prefer it for being complex, nor do i claim it is. It's not.

I just miss actual teamwork. In the new battlefront, I don't feel any kind of teamwork, and nothing is done to encourage it. The closest thing to teamwork is shooting at the enemies near your team. There's no ammo and health regenerates, so there's no support roles to fulfill. Almost all the star cards are oriented towards helping yourself or damaging enemies, with a few exceptions that help your team.

There's no classes, which was a huge turnoff for me. I don't mind not having 50 snipers sitting at the base, but even the cycler rifle is strange to me. I guess I just don't care for the cooldown system on cards, and think other ones make more sense and work better.

Vehicles are random and there's no engineers to heal or anything, so it's just luck of the draw. Multiple times, in fact. First, you have to hope someone on your team gets it, then you have to hope they can pilot a vehicle effectively.

Additionally, while it is just a beta, all the weapons felt the same to me. The heavy laser has a different zoom mode but that's really the only significant difference I saw. They were basically the same thing with altered skins and stats. There were no other "Types", such as semi-automatic weapons, shotguns, etc. Once again, it's just a beta and might get more variety at launch so I won't hold it against the game much.

Basically, my problem with it is that the sense of teamwork is gone. It feels more about kills than working with your team now, which simply isn't what I enjoy. I'm glad others do though, and by no means do I want to bash the game or say it's "terrible" like some people. I think it's okay, but it's not my cup of tea and I felt like contributing my two cents :)
10/10/2015 10:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
kickbuttpotato
I can't wait for the full version of the game. Been playing a lot with a few of my friends, which led to some pretty interesting moments...
[yt]zBbgkT15n9Q[/yt]

PS: Pardon my friend's French, but I think you could understand his frustration
10/10/2015 11:59 pm
Leeberator
Holy crap, that was so close!
10/10/2015 7:43 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
Accurate enough. The Stormtroopers suck at aiming.
10/10/2015 7:23 pm
Glok4
I don't get enough data for it to be worth it for a couple of days of playing. I do intend to buy it though. Probably gonna get this and Assassins Creed: Syndicate after Christmas. I was gonna get it on day one but Lego Doctor Who got announced.
10/10/2015 8:29 pm
yoda473
I feel your pain: it's always an internal battle between lego and videogames whenever something new comes out.
10/11/2015 2:34 am
Glok4
Yep. Frankly though after Arkham Knight I'm being cautious with games and Lego is always good so you know not that hard a decision.
10/10/2015 6:51 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
I think it looks great, the graphics and the gameplay look amazing from what I've seen.
I'm gonna download the beta tomorrow.
10/10/2015 6:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
Beyrahl
It honestly looks better than I expected, the video floating around where Luke gets squashed by the AT-AT walker is hilarious.
10/10/2015 6:21 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad
Fred
My friends and I have been playing it quite a bit and I am enjoying everything so far
10/10/2015 6:25 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
10/10/2015 3:17 am
yoda473
Well, my friends have been trying to make me download it, and I figured, well, it's only a beta, no harm done. So I'm gonna download it tomorrow.
Also, XYZDimensions, I'm pretty sure it's free, but I feel your pain in terms of internet.
10/10/2015 2:33 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Then there's me, no money and slow, limited to 15 GB's a month internet. xD
10/10/2015 2:23 am
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
Me and all my friends are hyped for the full release, I've been playing the beta alot, and I LOVE the graphics and gameplay! I really recommend go playing it if you arent already
10/10/2015 1:31 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
I notice a very big problem with this thread...

Why are you busy writting about when you should be playing fool!
10/10/2015 1:35 am
Leeberator
I just got done playing a lot today. I'm gonna work on bugging my friends to download it tomorrow.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome