Starting is impossible

riverphillips's Avatar riverphillips9/22/14 6:20 pm
9/23/2014 8:39 pm
riverphillips's Avatar riverphillips
I want to talk about starting a community, and hopefully I can get some tips from you guys c:
So as many of you know, I run a build team, and (although I say "we" a lot) I'm the only one running, building, and photographing the whole thing- its impossible. I've been trying to start a community for months now, getting people who say they want to help, but that too is impossible and I end up at square one again.

I had been into Gazamo for a while, building for moderators and ultimately getting accepted into the Gazamo team. I did not want to join. Gazamo builds things that get forgotten 2 days after they were built, and I want to build things that benefit any and as many minecrafters as possible- I do a lot of work for free. I started Acreo with my friend around 9 months ago, and now it's just me. I've gone through 10's of builders and photographers, but none of them are dedicated or even care
Starting a community or even just a team of builders with enough ambition is terribly hard.

I do not know how to do this, and I would appreciate it so much if you guys could comment some ways that work and that could help me advance Acreo (and would love if people could actually help me with some of the steps!). Truthfully, I think the members who claim to participate have no hope that this will go anywhere- and so it doesn't. So please please comment if you feel this way, or know any remedies to overcome this. Otherwise, if it IS impossible, should I just take up their offer and go to Gazamo?

Thanks for your support!
~≈ Acreo (a.k.a. riveprhillips) ≈~

P.S. And in the spirit of trying to push forward, I'll be posting a build later on today
riverphillips
Level 16 : Journeyman Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/23/2014 3:54 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc794251
[deleted]
09/23/2014 8:36 pm
riverphillips
Thanks, but we already have a build server dedicated just to acreo xD
09/23/2014 3:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
i work for my own, you can't thrust others with this kind of things, just make your own buildings. even if it takes ten years to do it.
09/23/2014 2:59 pm
Level 42 : Master Zombie
EmpathyHeals
It's tough. I'd say find a good server that is active and stable and get to KNOW people OVER TIME. You get to know how they work, if they can be trusted, how they deal with requests and how much they mean it. It takes time to develop trust and connect with mature, loyal people. I started a server in February and grew a community that's quite active and nice, but it did not develop overnight, and it wouldn't have developed as it had if I would have made more demands on people. Providing the space where people can work within their wants and strengths is important in order to keep them around; it's really hard to find someone who is willing to do what you want or buy into your vision from the start. Rather, it works better if you get to know who has similar interests to yours by playing with them and then developing better plans from there, small at first then more advanced. Having a website with a portfolio of works can help and also, I can't emphasize this enough, rewarding people for doing a good job and being reliable is key. Recognition of not money, and much praise and thanks. Good luck!
09/23/2014 8:39 pm
riverphillips
Thanks a lot! I'll definitely do all that. And about the space, how can you be sure people won't vandalize the space? And did the people in your community find you, or did you find them?
09/23/2014 10:59 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
World of Atlas
If you feel like you're not achieving what you ultimately can in Gazamo, leave them and work on your own projects.
09/23/2014 9:43 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
My advice is to just join Gazamo. Yes, their things are forgotten within a few days, but they still build amazing things.

I had a community once. We were all pretty much newbies to everything related to creative building. Though, we improved through our failure, and ultimately reached a goal we wanted. The team stopped existing a little bit after, but the important thing is we still achieved something. Sure, we weren't a big shot build team or anything, but it was satisfying for us.

Anyway, if you really want to make a community, either
a) Get people on your exact level, which is pretty good from what you've said.
b) Get people below your level, and get them to your level.
It takes time to get out there. Not that i have any experience with fame, but from I know that from observation.

~Zath
09/22/2014 6:43 pm
riverphillips
Thats the problem- I want to create my own D:
I know now how difficult that is, but even if its a small one, I just want a group of people who can help me create art for servers and communities- not just to get my name out, but contributing to make mainstream and underground nice for minecrafters!
09/22/2014 6:54 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Find a group like that and rise through the ranks.
09/22/2014 6:24 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Join a community. Shouldn't be to hard with 1.5 million people on PMC.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome