sbartl's Avatar sbartl1/21/17 1:39 pm
1 emeralds 667 7
2/1/2017 8:59 am
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
I am creating a Minecraft summer camp. See specifics below:

+30 students on 30 computer/laptops
+Multiplayer/one world
+8am to 4pm
+Student laptops will be hardwired via ethernet cords (LANs) and switches to a server computer

What I need is a recommendation for both the server computer and the student laptop or a list of above average specs for a laptop to run the camp smoothly without lag or delays in playing Minecraft. Is this something you can provide me? If not, can you recommend someone who can?
Thanks,
Steve
sbartl
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/01/2017 8:59 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
minecraft isnt a very high spec game, even at max settings, as long as your're not filling it up with mods you dont need very expensive or powerful computers to run it, even when running a server for multiple people.

i used to run a server for about 25 players on a £150 dell optiplex 745 which was an absolute trash pc, but it an a minecraft server on the tekkit classic modpack fine (granted this was about 4 years ago but still)

there is no reason to spend £1500 on a laptop to run a minecraft server off when you could quite as easily run it off a £500 laptop and each student uses £200-£300 laptop
01/21/2017 11:32 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
i would recomend going to a "propper" tech forum and asking there, not saying you wont get any bites here but since its more tech related it would be a better place to go
01/22/2017 12:24 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Why? PMC is a good place to ask for computer help. There are lots of members on PMC that are tech savvy and know what their talking about.

Any budget for the laptops?
02/01/2017 6:50 am
sbartl
I would like to stay under $500 for student laptop and around $2000 for the server laptop. I appreciate your help! Thanks, Steve
01/22/2017 12:41 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
not saying there isnt, just saying that theres probably a better place, but all in all id say your lookig at about 550-650 per laptop + peripherals and thats if you go for something that can maybe run minecraft at 8 chunks with about 30 fps, just going by what ive seen
02/01/2017 6:53 am
sbartl
Thanks! Do you think having 30 students in a world at a time is to much? It's my understanding I won't need to rely on the internet for player speed. Everything will be connected by ethernet cords and switches to the server laptop. Making sure there is no lag is my top priority. Thanks for your help!! Steve
01/21/2017 4:48 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Ear
I honestly don't know many people who can play mc for 8 hours straight...good luck. Is everyone going to be in the same room??
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome