Teen skins what?

Harraya's Avatar Harraya9/2/14 10:35 pm
9/2/2014 11:13 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
Why does everyone, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E complain about teen skins. I mean really? That's like saying teens cant have a skin at all, cause teens play Minecraft. I just don't get it.
Harraya
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/02/2014 11:13 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Thread is pretty derailed, so OP, in answer to your question, people who complain about teen skins complain about them being unoriginal which is a valid point to an extent. There is a huge amount of part-picking and theft going on when people make new teen skins a lot of the time. I personally feel that those people are right to be upset that there's theft going on so often in that genre of skinning, but I also feel that people shouldn't hate on the whole genre of "teen skins" based on some of the stolen/unoriginal ones. There are lots of "teen skinners" on this site that are both original and very talented.

That being said, I'll be locking this. Thread pretty much died on page 2 with people saying they smell smoke and flame war incoming, bla bla bla. Those people will be receiving bans both for helping derail this thread and flame-baiting. Everyone who reads this should keep that in mind and not do that on future threads to avoid bans.
09/02/2014 11:03 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
"teen skins" is just a term it doesn't mean any skin that represents a teen. Actually a lot of "teen skins" aren't even really aimed at teens, rather preteens.

It refers to a similar style which is usually like white male with brown hair covering 1 eye, a hoodie, headphones, or plaid shirt. Then for girls it's like those huge 3x2 anime eyes, white, brown long hair, same style with bangs, 2 long strands in the front and let down hair in the back. Usually wearing shorts and sleveless shirts.

It's just a generic skin a lot of people use on servers. Also a generic skin a lot of people make when they first start out. People don't like it because is overdone and overused (also ranting about them is overdone and overused tbh)
09/02/2014 11:02 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
Teen Skins require no effort...Just recoloring, maybe adding a hair bow or a pair of headphones..But that's it. People like to see things that you can be proud of, that took lots of effort and originality to make.
09/02/2014 11:05 pm
Harraya
then why do you have a teen skin for your profile pic?
09/02/2014 11:11 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Because that's not a teen skin, it's an honest girl skin. I understand that sometimes it's hard to see the difference, but it's the truth.
09/02/2014 10:56 pm
Harraya
i dont care about origanality on pmc or mc and im not trying to start a flame, so sorry if i did
09/02/2014 10:58 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
UTZ
You wouldn't even be playing Minecraft or browsing PMC if there was no originality...
09/02/2014 11:04 pm
Harraya
what about Panda skins LOTS of people make those and NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THEM
09/02/2014 10:53 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
UTZ
Drop and roll
09/02/2014 10:52 pm
Harraya
ETminecraft
Harrayaand that leads to my next question Who cares about originality?!

Anyone with common sense. There's equally as many rants on originality as there is on teen skins, the previous seeming quite ironic. As said above, almost all teen skins look identical in their design, and there's about 1,000 of each color scheme, and it's annoying. The only difference between each is a single shade or a "design" on the "hoodie". And the thing is, some people even call them their "original content" that they made, when there's 999 dupes of it out there.
09/02/2014 10:50 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
There is variety, but they are based off of the same template soooo much!

Plus, teen skins are often associated with poor skills. Those that have good shading and nice use of colours, are appreciated. Not to blow my own horn...but something more like this:

No flames should spawn here, guys. This has already been hashed out so many times that we really need to sit down with a cool head and discuss why we don't like it and why they should still be made.
09/02/2014 10:49 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Great..this thread got derailed fast.
09/02/2014 10:54 pm
Myra_
Exactly

I've posted like 3 times on here, I feel like I'm stalking this thread
09/02/2014 10:46 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Fisherman
Dominos
I sense a flame.
09/02/2014 11:00 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
foeLe
Not to be a jerk, but saying that doesn't contribute to the thread at all, and this is exactly what often starts the flame war.

Just for future reference, I suggest not making remarks like this.
09/02/2014 11:07 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Fisherman
Dominos
Okay, though I can't see where this thread exactly goes. Many people are saying legitimate facts about why teen skins aren't original, but the OP is just ignoring them and sticking to his opinion; which begs the question of why he began this thread.
09/02/2014 11:09 pm
Harraya
cause the rants about the complains about teen skins anoy me
09/02/2014 11:11 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
When you posted this thread, you knew you would get these comments. You are just creating the environment for people to annoy you even further.
09/02/2014 10:47 pm
Myra_
The smell of smoke is getting stronger
09/02/2014 10:48 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
sidtom
Oh gosh guys! Get down to the floor! The smoke can kill you!
09/02/2014 10:45 pm
Myra_
ETminecraft

Anyone with common sense. There's equally as many rants on originality as there is on teen skins, the previous seeming quite ironic. As said above, almost all teen skins look identical in their design, and there's about 1,000 of each color scheme, and it's annoying. The only difference between each is a single shade or a "design" on the "hoodie". And the thing is, some people even call them their "original content" that they made, when there's 999 dupes of it out there.

Exactly. The road to fame is running away in shame if you're sitting around recoloring skins, sticking a design on them., and calling them your "original" idea. I couldn't have said it better
09/02/2014 10:45 pm
ChaosExpert
HarrayaWho carees about originality?!

Uh everyone? Would you like 100 phones to be exactly the same? Or every car to have the same look?
09/02/2014 10:44 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Harraya
and that leads to my next question Who cares about originality?!

I, uhh.. what? Everybody does. Humans do; we go insane if we are exposed to the same stimuli over and over again. It's just nature.
09/02/2014 10:43 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
foeLe

09/02/2014 10:42 pm
Myra_
I don't make "teen skins". I make female skins. There's a distinction. Teen skins have come to mean flat, creeper-hoodie-and-plaid-shirt-wearing, overstyled bangs-toting, always wearing short shorts and tennis shoes skins. I try to make cute female skins with the same eyes as teen skins - NOT teen skins! - that actually look different from the rest of the crowd.
09/02/2014 10:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
sidtom
There we go ^^ Someone who can explain a skinner that makes girl skins.
09/02/2014 10:41 pm
Harraya
ChaosExpert
Harraya
ChaosExpertBecause all teen skins look exactly the same.

How? I think they are just the same drawing style. I'd like to buy one cheese.

Everyone makes them which causes teen skins to lose their originality. After a while they seem exactly all the same to me.

and that leads to my next question Who cares about originality?!
09/02/2014 10:39 pm
ChaosExpert
Harraya

How? I think they are just the same drawing style. I'd like to buy one cheese.

Everyone makes them which causes teen skins to lose their originality. After a while they seem exactly all the same to me.
09/02/2014 10:36 pm
Harraya

How? I think they are just the same drawing style.
09/02/2014 10:35 pm
ChaosExpert
Because all teen skins look exactly the same and everyone makes them.
09/02/2014 10:37 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
I don't make them, except for that one time, but that's for something

Something secret >:D
09/02/2014 10:38 pm
Harraya
um I (try to) Make teen skins!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024