Tekkit or Regular Minecraft?? o.O

Discuss the game, stories, screenshots, videos, ideas, creations, top score!?

Post Permalink
by XxBryGuyxX » 9/23/2012

ZaphodX wrote:I prefer regular. Too many features in Tekkit and just don't like any of them.

i respect that, not alot of people like tekkit or its new features...
but i love tekkit just for its features, i think this is how minecraft should really be, i like
all the machines and engines, and how it all works, but hey everyone has their opinions which are all valid xP
Level 1
New Miner
Says: Always in the mood for a good game ;)
Minecraft: bryguy1123
mc_server: 76.116.112.48

Post Permalink
by XxBryGuyxX » 9/23/2012

Woody239 wrote:Vanilla Minecraft is Better. There is more to minecraft than new stuff and blowing the world up. I like the simple(ish) Survival-based Minecraft.
Here is my reasoning,
-Minecraft is simple, yet fun.
-Tekkit has too many crafting recipes, and with the nukes, it takes an hour to ruin a server.
-Tekkit has a giant Minecraft.jar, and therefore it creates a lot of lag on older computers
(Minecraft has a large one, but it's only about 1.5 Mb)
-Minecraft has an easier creative menu.
-Minecraft doesn't come with over 40 Mods already installed, tempting someone to cheat in a survival map

There are probably more reasons, but this is all I could think of.

i completely agree with you, however, ill will trade a slightly lagger minecraft for a much larger experience.
yea there are a SHIT load of recipes, but thats what makes it fun to me, it keeps you
on your toes and always keeps you busy
i always found myself making the same old thing on regular minecraft
but with this, theres so much more to building!!
plus a server owner can just ban nukes or any explosive, so it all factors
Level 1
New Miner
Says: Always in the mood for a good game ;)
Minecraft: bryguy1123
mc_server: 76.116.112.48

Post Permalink
by GriffinFR » 9/23/2012

it's gotta be regular minecraft. i installed tekkit a few weeks ago and barely play it. ya know, i think i'm gonna delete it now... there. i no longer have tekkit.
Level 5
Apprentice Dolphin

Post Permalink
by sed11 » 9/23/2012

XxBryGuyxX wrote:i respect that, not alot of people like tekkit or its new features...
but i love tekkit just for its features, i think this is how minecraft should really be, i like
all the machines and engines, and how it all works, but hey everyone has their opinions which are all valid xP

Minecraft isn't a modern game with machines, except for that you can make RedStone machines out of RedStone Dust, Pistons, etc.

Creepers gonna Creep!
Level 60
High Grandmaster Creeper
Minecraft: cjw12

Post Permalink
by ThatsMyPickaxe » 9/23/2012

I like vanilla, I tried tekkit once and all the machines and pipes and stuff made my head hurt. :?
ImageImage
Exurbia wrote:The Planet Minecraft Forums Medical Center - The best doctors office you will ever find with people who aren't even qualified.
Level 43
Master Technomancer
Says: "Tissimos Sagena" is Latin. Translate it.
Minecraft: pointyGreene
mc_server: Hypixel's server.

Post Permalink
by PinkPanther104 » 9/24/2012

MinecraftGuysBlog wrote:I like tekkit better! :D

I Second That Notion :D

Level 8
Apprentice Dragon
Minecraft: PinkPanther104

Post Permalink
by Mayoz » 9/24/2012

Well, I personally like both. Tekkit has all the cool machinery, but after awhile I get tierd of that and then I go play Vanilla Minecraft.
Level 26
Expert Engineer
Minecraft: mayoz
mc_server: ozonelayer.mclayer.com

Post Permalink
by AnAveragePerson » 9/24/2012

sed11 wrote:
XxBryGuyxX wrote:i respect that, not alot of people like tekkit or its new features...

Minecraft isn't a modern game with machines, except for that you can make RedStone machines out of RedStone Dust, Pistons, etc.

But Tekkit adds so much modern stuff that you can't really call it Medieval or things like that.
Fun Fact: Did you know that AAP means Monkey in Dutch? Neither did I.

Level 3
Apprentice Skinner
Says: “To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.” -Benjamin Franklin
Minecraft: AnAveragePerson
mc_server: Nothing.

Post Permalink
by Meepnsleep » 9/24/2012

I preffer Regular Minecraft. but however its a personal opinion. can say tekkit becuz i never played tekkit. but soon i will.
OneDirectionForTheWin:D
Level 2
Apprentice Explorer

Post Permalink
by sed11 » 9/24/2012

AnAveragePerson wrote:
sed11 wrote:

But Tekkit adds so much modern stuff that you can't really call it Medieval or things like that.

He said he thinks its how Minecraft really should be, and Mojang didn't make it a modern game, so no.

Creepers gonna Creep!
Level 60
High Grandmaster Creeper
Minecraft: cjw12

Post Permalink
by cpg178 » 9/24/2012

Tekkit is confusing but I love it
Level 1
New Explorer
Minecraft: cpg178
mc_server: mc.creepercitycraft.com

Post Permalink
by AnAveragePerson » 9/24/2012

sed11 wrote:
AnAveragePerson wrote:
sed11 wrote:[quote="XxBryGuyxX"
i respect that, not alot of people like tekkit or its new features...

He said he thinks its how Minecraft really should be, and Mojang didn't make it a modern game, so no.[/quote]
I was replying to your comment. Minecraft started out non-modern, But Tekkit adds so much modern stuff that Minecraft can't be non-modern in it.
Fun Fact: Did you know that AAP means Monkey in Dutch? Neither did I.

Level 3
Apprentice Skinner
Says: “To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.” -Benjamin Franklin
Minecraft: AnAveragePerson
mc_server: Nothing.

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion