Ten Reasons Why Macs Are Good

nemo12345's Avatar nemo123451/26/15 8:49 pm
1 emeralds 4.1k 137
2/3/2015 12:23 pm
Fanjawi's Avatar Fanjawi
Hello So many people think that mac books are crap. well you are all are wrong. Have you ever used a macbook? you just say that cause its not mainstream like all others and thats a really dumb reason. Can windows run on a mac Yes its called bootcamp its a build in software does windows have that no. Also their is another think its called grapher you have a full graphing calculator look it up if you don't know what a graphing calculator is. It has isa form of the very well known linux. In the mac osx operating system you have endless possibilities. Well that wraps up this post please post your thoughts down bellow. They are good for gaming but i have a gaming rig that is built for fsx which is flight simulator x its a very good thing by microsoft. i have a yoke rudder pedals and two throttle quadrant these are for aircraft flying.
nemo12345
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/03/2015 12:23 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
It's really difficult to have a calm debate in this site because either one guy just comes in and says something inappropriate to everyone which gets the thread locked to not just him but all of us or mods lock it because there is a possibility of the thread getting heated, which always is a possibility

But I'm just sayin'.. anyways Macs would do much better in sales in my opinion if they lowered the price a few hundred dollars. Most people don't buy it, not because what it can't do, but what it can do, but the only thing getting in their way is the heavy pricetag.
02/03/2015 12:17 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
SnowyfoxWe're not even having a flame war.

^This, mods]

SnowyfoxIf they are for the same price, would you buy a very optimized device or would you buy a hilariously powerful but also hilariously inefficient device?

Just so you know, Macs aren't very optimized. Like they've got very nice build quality, but nothing is really optimized about them. It's very easy to build a PC of the same quality, if not better than a Mac.

Also, the statement "hilariously powerful but also hilariously inefficient" only applies to AMD products, *cough* 295x2+FX 9590 *cough* haha jk, no hate.

But seriously, there is just about no reason to buy a Mac over a Windows PC. Hackintoshes can probably dual boot to Windows (Or probably even triple boot to Windows, OS X, and Linux) (Or maybe even quadruple-boot to Windows, OS X, Linux, and ChromeOS). (Maybe even penta-boot into an Android desktop environment, ChromeOS, Linux, Windows, and OS X), but you see where I'm going with this. You can do anything on a custom-built PC, whereas you're strictly limited to a small section of items you can do on a prebuilt Mac.
02/03/2015 11:41 am
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
They sort of good, they have some close ties with Linux
01/30/2015 8:12 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
TazTheBoii
Personally I like HP :0
01/30/2015 7:58 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
FalseTension
This was fun, guys.

#faillock
01/30/2015 5:58 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
YonkersTyler
ey
01/30/2015 5:54 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
We're not even having a flame war.

*EDIT* If they are for the same price, would you buy a very optimized device or would you buy a hilariously powerful but also hilariously inefficient device?
01/30/2015 1:07 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
In b4 lock
01/30/2015 11:47 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
stuuuuuuarrt
Fine
*EDIT*
Not locked
01/30/2015 1:04 am
Level 40 : Master Pokemon
Chellizard
Locking this to prevent further discussion/heated talking. Let's not lose our heads over this.

Mac's and Windows PC's are still both PCs aka Personal Computers.

To each their own.

A good computer is a good computer, and everyone is entitled to their own personal preference.

Have a great one everybody. (:
01/30/2015 12:00 am
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
FalseTension, your name really fits this flame war. Your arguments are false, and you're creating unnecessary tension.
01/30/2015 12:06 am
stuuuuuuarrt
*Claps*
01/30/2015 12:02 am
Level 45 : Master Fish
SamNub
Aha, love you man.
01/29/2015 11:19 pm
stuuuuuuarrt
01/29/2015 11:39 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Who buys a gpu for only Minecraft? For $21 I'd just salvage the parts out of it.
Nonetheless, this is still a horrible card compared to today's requirements.
01/29/2015 11:10 pm
SamNub
FalseTensionThat's my point... You can't build a Mac for $400......
I suggest that you quit trying to throw blind punches at Apple for the fun of it and do something more productive with your time.

If that's seriously your mentality for "you can't call a PC a mac" then seriously what the hell. You need some help. Let me propose you this. Can you build a Rolls Royce Phantom? Well, sure, you can get the same engine, gearbox, drivechain, seats, chassis, rims and everything. But you obviously can't call it a Rolls Royce because it's not made by them. You made it.
Macs are PC's. Personal computers. Macs all use the same sh*t. Just more overpriced. However, that 5k imac is quite a steal, but seriously apple, a mobile r9 290x? That's not going to power a 5k display and also video rendering, which it is targeting. And the imac is not a workstation AIO. If anything; apple should've released a 5k seperate monitor for their $10,000 mac "pro".

EDIT: I'm not trying to insult apple. I'm stating blatant facts. Apple uses regular components and puts them in their own cases. And almost every one of their products are overpriced or have terrible part choices. Really? An i7 with a 750m for a 1440p display? Great job Apple.

EDIT 2: lol, me wasting my time? I'm sorry but who's the one replying to half the posts here?

May God have mercy on your soul.
01/29/2015 10:43 pm
FalseTension
SamNub
FalseTensionThat's exactly my point. You can build your own computer for less, but it's not going to be a Mac. You cannot build a Mac for $400. You can build something to compete with a Mac. But don't you call that machine a Mac, because it isn't.

Uh, I can't call it a mac because it plain isn't. If I were to call it a mac, I'd have to go through some legal copyright issues. If you want me to call a custom built laptop a mac then no sh*t sherlock it isn't a damn mac. If I worked at one of apple's cheap labour factories in China and stole one of the macs off the production line then yeah, I'd call it a mac.
Also, there's nothing special about apple's membrane keyboard and 1440p display. Dell also just released a 5k display. Apple isn't some magical company that actually invents stuff, they just use other people's products and put it in their own case. So you could call apple a case manufacturer and an overpriced PC builder. And oh yeah, no one likes the magic mouse.

That's my point... You can't build a Mac for $400......

You're right! Dell released a 5k monitor! It costs the same as an iMac... just without the whole computer part....
Dell's 5k monitor:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... ku=UP275K3

Apple iMacs
http://i.gyazo.com/5dd383988a74b7662c2e8a594610a6a5.png
Dell 5k monitor
http://i.gyazo.com/c1eb56fd83fe74a89a6cc4996b660761.png

You can call Apple anything they want. But Apple creates great devices. Whether you're willing to pay for them, or if they're the best machine for your situation, is up to you. But to some people they will be worth the investment whether you like it, or approve of it, or not.

Surprisingly, people actually like the Magic Mouse. It's actually very good for daily usage and creative work. Though it is quite horrible for gaming.

I suggest that you quit trying to throw blind punches at Apple for the fun of it and do something more productive with your time.
01/29/2015 10:02 pm
stuuuuuuarrt
*COUGH* http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Mac-Pro-T ... 3cf1604431 I can buy "Apples slick computer design for $40" *COUGH*
Go to your local Thrift shop, and you can buy a good keyboard and mouse there for $5
Probably goes for a monitor as well.
There is nothing whats so ever about apple computers. You can go on and on about how wonderful their slick computer designs are, but that Aluminum case probably only costs about $4 to make.
And yes, sorry I forgot a GPU. Like I said, I made that list in a rush. Call it $550.
01/29/2015 10:56 pm
FalseTension
Okay. $5 for a crappy keyboard and $5 for a crappy mouse that will never compare to the keybaord and mouse that come included with your Mac purchase. $5 for a monitor? What 2.5k resolution display (or 5k if you get the new iMac) are you buying for $5??? And $35 for a GPU? Ouch. That's one crappy GPU. You're certainly not playing any games with that. Also, you still haven't added a case to your price.

Point is: You're not building a Mac for anywhere near $400. Stop making yourself look foolish.
01/29/2015 11:13 pm
stuuuuuuarrt
When did I say $45 for a GPU?...
I really don't want to go through a bunch of Tiger direct pages trying to find all the prices. AND AGAIN. I didn't say $5 for a monitor. What makes a keyboard crappy? How is it any different than the one that comes with a mac? You would be surprised what people sell and garage sales and give to thrift shops. I hate mac keyboards. I have one, and find it awful and uncomfortable to use. I got my Monitor for $20 from a friend, and I love it. You can probably get one for free from a relative.

If I actually cared enough to for research, I could find much better prices. I just don't have the time, nor do I care enough to look. Mac's are over priced, cheaply made computers.
Actually, I am going to say that Mac users are the equivalence to PC users when they talk down to console users
01/29/2015 11:51 pm
FalseTension
$5 for a mouse
$5 for a keyboard

stuuuuuuarrtGo to your local Thrift shop, and you can buy a good keyboard and mouse there for $5
Probably goes for a monitor as well.

$5 for a monitor

You said the price was now $550 with the gpu after you previously stated that the price was $500 without it.

Let's do some maths:
$550 computer
-$5 monitor
-$5 mouse
-$5 keyboard
= $535

$535 = price without keyboard mouse and monitor
$535 - $500 (price without keyboard, mouse, monitor, or gpu)
GPU = $35

I don't speak for everyone when I say this, but I do mean it when I say that I'm willing to pay Apple more money to provide me with a top of the line display, keyboard, and mouse with my purchase. I would rather pay for a solid peripheral that's conveniently given to me, rather than hunt down the cheapest possible items at garage sales, or beg my relatives for any old monitor that they happen to have laying around.
01/29/2015 9:35 pm
SamNub
FalseTensionThat's exactly my point. You can build your own computer for less, but it's not going to be a Mac. You cannot build a Mac for $400. You can build something to compete with a Mac. But don't you call that machine a Mac, because it isn't.

Uh, I can't call it a mac because it plain isn't. If I were to call it a mac, I'd have to go through some legal copyright issues. If you want me to call a custom built laptop a mac then no sh*t sherlock it isn't a damn mac. If I worked at one of apple's cheap labour factories in China and stole one of the macs off the production line then yeah, I'd call it a mac.
Also, there's nothing special about apple's membrane keyboard and 1440p display. Dell also just released a 5k display. Apple isn't some magical company that actually invents stuff, they just use other people's products and put it in their own case. So you could call apple a case manufacturer and an overpriced PC builder. And oh yeah, no one likes the magic mouse.
01/29/2015 6:40 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
Shilofax
FalseTensionWhat most people don't understand is that not everybody decides on a computer by looking at a spec list. Though in some cases that makes sense, that's not always the way to go about buying a computer. With Apple you're buying a solid, great looking device backed up by unbeatable customer service.

If waiting weeks for an appointment or hours standing in line at an apple store is good support to you, you need to get your head checked.
01/29/2015 6:32 pm
Snowyfox
As a person who emulated Mac OS in the past, lolvut @ those saying there is no law saying you can't install Mac OS X on a thing that isn't a Mac.

Apple (or any legitimate retailer) would only give you a CD if they know that you're using it on a Mac. Bring a Hackintosh to them and they'll laugh. The only way you can get it is by downloading illegally. So you have a 100% chance of pirating (unless you have a Mac OS X CD lying around, which would mean either you borrowed it from somebody else, or you already bought a Macintosh in the past).

Same goes for Windows. Technically it's illegal for us to just run around downloading and installing Windows 98. But nobody really cares. Microsoft doesn't.

Apple wouldn't care either. But don't say that that means nobody said anything.
01/29/2015 6:41 pm
FalseTension
If someone started selling hackintoshes, or used it within a profitable business or studio, or a school provides it for its students, Apple would most certainly open a lawsuit.
01/29/2015 11:49 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
That's selling their copywritten software to your profit, thats why they would open a lawsuit.
01/29/2015 11:52 pm
FalseTension
Yeah........ That's what I said.

By the way. Isn't breaking copyright terms illegal?
01/29/2015 6:40 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
Shilofax
You can buy an OS X disk directly from apple for $30
01/29/2015 6:10 pm
FalseTension
CheesyRice
FalseTension I'd also like to point out that you'd be breaking the law by installing OS X on that machine.

There's no law saying you can't install OSX on a non-apple made PC.

There is. Killertoad and I already discussed this in the Skype chat, and I had posted this before...

FalseTension
You mention misinformation and willful ignorance, but you don't put in minimal effort and even attempt to find out of OS X on a PC is illegal..?

http://apple.stackexchange.com/question ... tosh-legal

Or if you're too lazy to click the link and read through it:

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
B. Mac App Store License. If you obtained a license for the Apple Software from the Mac App Store, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License and as permitted by the Mac App Store Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions (http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/) (“Usage Rules”), you are granted a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license:
(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Lion or OS X Snow Leopard (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control;

H. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.
01/29/2015 6:03 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
FalseTension I'd also like to point out that you'd be breaking the law by installing OS X on that machine.

There's no law saying you can't install OSX on a non-apple made PC.
01/29/2015 5:55 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
This is totally a personal opinion

Macs are nice for causal use, such as school or watching videos on. They are light and nice to travel with. But windows, which I prefer, can have better performance/gaming for cheaper. I was going to get a macbook, but I choose an alienware (Dont hate) and loved it. I have stuck with windows since then.
01/29/2015 5:42 pm
FalseTension
SamNub
FalseTension
Wow. You can make a mold for a laptop unibody that's less than an inch thick, make a motherboard that fits it, put in a quad core i7 processor, 16gb of ram, 256gb of PCI-E flash storage, a (almost) 4k display, a 750m to power said display, a keyboard, a multigesture track pad, and a battery for $400!?
Do you brush the aluminum yourself or do you have someone else do that?

Seriously. Look at this: http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Laptop-Computer
A 750m is super cheap, and there's quite a few barebone laptop cases from MSI and stuff. I know the aluminium isn't a thing yet, that's because case manufacturers aren't doing that yet. We don't build cases from scratch.

That's exactly my point. You can build your own computer for less, but it's not going to be a Mac. You cannot build a Mac for $400. You can build something to compete with a Mac. But don't you call that machine a Mac, because it isn't.
01/29/2015 10:58 am
stuuuuuuarrt
SamNub
FalseTension
Wow. You can make a mold for a laptop unibody that's less than an inch thick, make a motherboard that fits it, put in a quad core i7 processor, 16gb of ram, 256gb of PCI-E flash storage, a (almost) 4k display, a 750m to power said display, a keyboard, a multigesture track pad, and a battery for $400!?

A 750m is super cheap, and there's quite a few barebone laptop cases from MSI and stuff. I know the aluminium isn't a thing yet, that's because case manufacturers aren't doing that yet. We don't build cases from scratch.
NonExistingNameWindows are good for gaming and business. They're way bigger, bulkier, sometimes tricky to mess around with, but are perfect for gamers and doing actual work on.

Not all PC's are mid towers. Ever seen an ultrabook? Ever seen a surface pro?

This thread is half satisfying and half cringy as ever.

Thanks for helping me prove my point a bit
01/29/2015 10:54 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
TheEnigma
i just don't even care which is better anymore
01/29/2015 10:56 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Floppypancake31
^
01/29/2015 10:48 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Narwhal
quanose
I strongly dislike the price of Mac's.
01/29/2015 10:42 am
SamNub
FalseTension

NonExistingNameWindows are good for gaming and business. They're way bigger, bulkier, sometimes tricky to mess around with, but are perfect for gamers and doing actual work on.

Not all PC's are mid towers. Ever seen an ultrabook? Ever seen a surface pro?

This thread is half satisfying and half cringy as ever.
01/29/2015 9:40 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NonExistingName
Macs are good for casual and family use. They're light, have an easy interface and aren't very powerful. They're perfect for storing pics, making albums, or taking with on a vacation.

Windows are good for gaming and business. They're way bigger, bulkier, sometimes tricky to mess around with, but are perfect for gamers and doing actual work on.
01/29/2015 9:35 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
Ellie
People always freak out at me for preferring macbooks when i mention it, Laptops aren't just for gaming. As someone who does digital art i would love to own one for the retina display and not having to constantly download third party content as well as just running so much smoother and being able to handle larger files. Constantly using my boyfriends when i'm at his house, and honestly I've never had an issue with a game running slow or it struggling to play a game unless its been ported over badly.
Never had an issue with an apple product, and I've noticed most of those that do complain have never actually used one properly or just say they're all the same, the rest have a legitimate reason.
01/29/2015 9:24 am
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
Macs ARE NOT for gaming, they are for working, you can run games on them, sure, but they won't be good.

Windows on the other hand is for working too if you use the Word and some stuff, but it steers more to the Gaming, with high specs etc.

if you play games like Skyrim on a mac ill cry

becuz y

(I don't even know if Skyrim is available for Mac on Steam)
01/28/2015 11:19 pm
stuuuuuuarrt
I can build a mac for like $400, and put a Mac OP in it. Macs are a status symbol. That's why I'm not a fan of them.
01/29/2015 9:01 am
FalseTension

You're right. It's easy and cheap to make powerful, good looking machines. Anybody can do it. Why are we paying Apple so much to do it?

01/29/2015 10:56 am
stuuuuuuarrt
Did I say make the mold? Did I say make a laptop or a monitor? I can buy a laptop shell on amazon for practically nothing.
Who ever gets an i7 and 16GB is really really computer stupid... i7 is overkill, and 16GB of ram is way too much.
i5 processor- $185
8GB ram- $80
750 watt power supply- $90
1TB hard drive- $60
Motherboard- $100
Keyboards- Super cheap
Mouse- Super cheap
Mac OP- free
= $512 (And I'm sure I can get that down to $400 if I actually took time to look)
Everything that you listed are pretty cheap to get. Maybe do a bit of research before you post an ignorant comment?
01/29/2015 5:37 pm
FalseTension
You've proven that you can build a computer for $500. But that's no Mac. A Mac comes with a beautiful aluminum unibody and a display. You provided a price list of parts that don't even have a case to be put in, nor do they have a monitor. And in my case, my Mac is going to have (a lot) more power than the one you have listed. I'd also like to point out that you'd be breaking the law by installing OS X on that machine.

And i7 and 16gb is overkill? Uhhh no? This isn't a gaming machine. This is for getting work done. Creative work, modeling, editing, etc.

Don't call me ignorant when you're the one that doesn't think through what you're saying before you post.

Edit:

Also, if you were attempting to make a gaming rig, you forgot a GPU. And if you were trying to make a laptop, you're going to need a trackpad and mobile parts, not desktop.

I like how you just totally ignored the cost of the mouse and keyboard, and your extremely overpowered power supply... 750w for a system without a GPU??
01/28/2015 10:53 pm
Snowyfox
AwesomeMin3r2000
Click to reveal
I see a lot of people mentioning Steam, and saying there aren't enough games for Macs...

There's this thing called the App Store (perhaps you've heard of it), it has hundreds of games for the Mac.

I recently bought myself a 27" iMac (with maxed out specs), and sure, it cost me a pretty penny, but it's going to be worth it. How you say?

Well, I'm learning the OS X/iOS development environments, which is already payment enough to me, but then, I'm writing multiple iOS apps that I'll be submitting for approval in the US App Store, later this year. Combine those two things, and I think the Mac has payed for itself.

Yes, it's great news that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade if you have Win7 or 8, Apple has been doing that for a while folks.

Oh, and you know that whole Microsoft OneDrive, and the Microsoft Cloud Platforms? Well, Apple has also had that for quite a while.

I'm not here to thrash PCs, as I love them too, and go to Microsoft developer conferences every year (most recent was the Windows Azure Devcamp).

Exactly. There's actually a TON of stuff for OS X and iOS too (and oftentimes higher quality), it's just that Windows and Android have at least twofold the amount of apps. But you'll find a lot of cases of a hundred applications all doing the same thing, lower quality apps, adware and malware, and a lot of undesired stuff clogging up the Windows and Android software base. So trying to prove one's point by sheer numbers might not always be the best. Maybe it'll happen in Linux distros where you cannot find what you need, but that won't happen for the App Store. And I don't think too many people are arguing that Mac OS X has too less applications, but I think I know some people who think that Macs don't have much at all.

Arguably, yes, an iMac is probably bundled with enough stuff to pay for itself. Maybe the cheap Windows laptops will do that too, but the higher end ones won't have enough preinstalled software and fancy features and good interface to pay for itself.

Do people actually use OneDrive and Microsoft Cloud Services? I know they're new things, but I think they're new because they weren't needed before. Now that Microsoft has joined in the fight for having phones, tablets and PCs all interacting with each other, they have to develop a centralized system. But Apple joined this market (or heck, maybe even created it) a long time ago, so of course.

Good point on the free upgrades though. It's always nice to see on the Apple website about how every new OS will be offered as free upgrades. Do people even buy separate OS X CDs? I think even if you have an old Mac (I have a 1999 iBook G3 Clamshell here), they'll just hand it to you as part of support. Heck, they used to have the Software Downloads section where you can get 6.0.8 and tons of updates for it, all the way up to the top tiers of System Software 7.6. I used to get my emulating stuff there; it was magical. I appreciate them for having it around. They took it down now, though, sadly.

But yeah; Apple is very generous in officially distributing them. I guess Microsoft has too much on its hands to do something like that for older Windows versions (they don't care about taking down old Windows versions' torrents anyways...or newer ones for that matter). But they have PLENTY of profit, FAR more than Apple, from selling new updates. So it's understandable that they're only doing it for Windows 10 now. Apple computers already are high priced enough to pay for those updates.

*EDIT* On a side note, maybe Microsoft wants everybody to go to Windows 10 FAST so that everybody goes in the same page, and maybe sales of Surface and other stuff will even increase from this sudden upgrade.
01/28/2015 8:40 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
GigabyteGiant
I see a lot of people mentioning Steam, and saying there aren't enough games for Macs...

There's this thing called the App Store (perhaps you've heard of it), it has hundreds of games for the Mac.

I recently bought myself a 27" iMac (with maxed out specs), and sure, it cost me a pretty penny, but it's going to be worth it. How you say?

Well, I'm learning the OS X/iOS development environments, which is already payment enough to me, but then, I'm writing multiple iOS apps that I'll be submitting for approval in the US App Store, later this year. Combine those two things, and I think the Mac has payed for itself.

Yes, it's great news that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade if you have Win7 or 8, Apple has been doing that for a while folks.

Oh, and you know that whole Microsoft OneDrive, and the Microsoft Cloud Platforms? Well, Apple has also had that for quite a while.

I'm not here to thrash PCs, as I love them too, and go to Microsoft developer conferences every year (most recent was the Windows Azure Devcamp).
01/28/2015 8:14 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Does anybody know how to use spoilers!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
01/28/2015 4:58 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Kingdomapbuilder
David5886
Click to reveal
FalseTension
David5886No, I do not believe there is 10 reasons why you would buy a mac. They are "nice" computers, but are they worth the price! NO! I find Windows to look a lot better, and I think that Windows is better than OS X. I prefer the Windows Experience over the OS X experience any time, I even convinced a friend to switch from OS X to Windows! I have used both, a lot, my grandpa just got one, he regrets it, but says he is not going to return it, as the nearest Apple Store, where he bought it, is 50 miles away from where he lives, plus he hates malls, which is where the Apple Store in Boise is located in, but he is having me teach him how to use it. So I have a decent amount of experience with a Mac. If I want to save money and not give into paying for a Mac, I would build a Hackintosh, dual boot it with Windows, and I know like 2 people who have done it.
If I want a graphing calculator, I go and use an Emulator, I use one for the TI-84 Plus, which is what my school has.
I am a Windows Person, my first computer, cant remember specs, was running Windows 95. Windows 10, in my opinion, is going to blow any other OS away, and since it is a FREE upgrade, people will like it a lot more.

You should read through other posts before posting your own reply.
ThouGreatness
Apple is not for everybody. It does cost more. And in most cases you could get better specs for the same price by going with a Windows PC. But you're not going to have the beautiful device that you get when you buy a Mac, you're not going to have the OS that you would get when you buy a Mac. When you buy a Mac, you buy a different (and in my opinion, better) experience.

If you use a Mac and think "This isn't worth the extra cost" then don't buy a Mac. Just try to somehow force this fact through your thick skulls: To some people, a Mac is worth more than any old PC. There are various reasons why people would prefer a costly Mac over a cheap PC. So instead of trying to counter a persons reason with your pro-PC arguments, leave them alone, and accept that they prefer Macs.

David5886
I am a Windows Person, my first computer, cant remember specs, was running Windows 95. Windows 10, in my opinion, is going to blow any other OS away, and since it is a FREE upgrade, people will like it a lot more.

Speaking of great operating systems... Should we bring up Vista or leave that for another day?

I did read the other posts, I am still going to reply with what I want to say! Dont like it, dont read or reply to my posts.

I thought Vista was great, I had no issues at all, I had a decent computer, and it worked! I had it since it came out, but I upgraded to 7 when 7 came out. The only OS that I think was bad was Windows ME. I hated ME, but I had a bunch of issues, but that was me, I knew a few people who did not have any issues.

You just screwed up XD "Dont like it, dont read or reply to my posts." If I don't read your post, how will I know that I don't like it?
01/28/2015 4:48 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome