Textures per biome?

SharkFinnSoup_'s Avatar SharkFinnSoup_7/1/16 10:08 am
1 emeralds 430 4
7/1/2016 10:53 am
BRASHEXODUS's Avatar BRASHEXODUS
Hello, So recently I've created a RPG server. I have invited a guy who is making a texturepack for us. And I was wondering if we can change the textures of every block in another biome. If this is possible can someone explain how? And if it's not possible. Can we texture some blocks per biome?

Thanks for helping
-Finn
SharkFinnSoup_
Level 23 : Expert Sus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/01/2016 10:53 am
Level 46 : Master Baconator
BRASHEXODUS
you can use specific biome textures if you have optifines connected textures enabled and have ctm inside the pack
07/01/2016 10:46 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
killax10
The only way I could see this working, is as you join a new biome it teleports your to another world (Multi universe I believe is something that allows you to do this). Once you join that world, they could equipt a new texturepack... Not really sure what else you could do otherwise.
07/01/2016 10:33 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
No it's not possible...
You can change colours of leaves/grass per biome with the environment textures...
But I guess this is only pixel-wise (To colour the grey textures in the blocks folder)

So it's impossible to texture block differently.

Another solution might be a terrain generator, but that will completely change blocks (per biome if desired), instead of only changing textures.
07/01/2016 10:13 am
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
What are you talking about
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome